Poll: ?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well if its legal... its not pirating now is it?
    Genius. lol! Eat some more popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Genius. lol! Eat some more popcorn.
    lol planning on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That's my point though, D3 has zero need for online requirement yet here we are. MMOs shouldn't matter as online play is the nature of the genre, but we end up getting hit with games like D3 and Sim City that req users to connect online for copy verification purposes.
    But both games have been patched to play them offline, as was many other games.

But methods like battle.net and Denuvo actually disprove this.
    How does it? Blizzard sent take down notices to illegal WoW servers. D3 requires online play, but not the console versions. We know Xbox 360 emulators work like Xenia, and the PS3 emulator RPCS3 will both eventually be able to play D3 console version on PC. Besides being able to pirate on those consoles as well. There's a diablo 3 server emulator that exists. It's just crazy what people can do. The Nostalgia server just blows my mind, in terms of being able to recreate Blizzards servers.

Also, Denuvo isn't a victory. Once cracked, the creators of this tool will find themselves in a losing battle.
    Everything is "crackable" but I'd rather not promote this whole war of pirates v developers where consumers get the short end of the stick. And yes, more devs/publishers should be providing trial periods or demo plays of some sort. That combined with refund policies is the way to improve the games industry.
    That is exactly what needs to be done. If I had a proper demo, or "shareware" version of a game, I would consider buying it if I tried it. Mad Max for example is a game I'm certain I wouldn't like it. Metacritic shows that people really liked the game, but without trying it I can't judge it for myself. And I really don't like putting down $60 to find out the hard way.

The way I buy games today is based on memes. If people are talking about it, and creating memes like crazy, then you know it's a good game. Just look at all the Undertale craziness. The people weren't wrong, cause that game is awesome. Battleborn is best selling game right now, but nobody talks about it. Overwatch has tons of people talking about it, though I haven't tried the game myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you download a digital piece of music/games/entertainment,etc. without paying for it when it is intended to be paid for you are a thief plan and simple. you are taking something that is intended for you to pay for and not paying for it. if you can't afford it then you DON'T GET TO HAVE IT. all your bs excuses of big corporations and crap doesn't matter your committing a FELONY.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I already know I ain't going to do or make any shit of anything with my life because of piracy so that's that.

If I build capital it will be taken from my corpse. If I write a story it will be rewritten in another country's language before I can release my version and then if I try to fight it I will be sued as the pirate who stole their story. Any skills I could learn are just a matter of hypnotism.

There's literally zero reason to do anything period.

If I had a great and wonderful life, shit myself in wealthy hedonism for a couple of decades, maybe then, I might be able to produce something without fear of losing my only way out of poverty in doing so because I would already be safe from that with the wealth. But if I was an investor who could provide that I wouldn't gamble on myself because I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend the rest of my life putting pleasures straight into my pudendal nerve any way I can cram it because FUCK YOU!

many video games... scratch that.. a few computer games use anti-piracy methods to ensure there arent any copies illegally downloaded. like Blizzards Diablo 3 cd keys and no offline only mode. diablo 2 as well does that but u have to play offline to beat it. anyway
    Piracy of new games- its bad
    Piracy of movies/music - subjective. lots of movies are really shitty and some music i might buy the album if i like their tunes.