Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    there are more buttons to every rotation than in wod mop or cata.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    paladin is so bereft of abilities to use that I have not had to get bartender out. just using the blizzard frames for the first time in forever.
    ....As a Paladin Player, I'm literally using the same amount give or take 1 or 2 slots.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much for the time you have spent to infrom us, @klaps_05. This is quality.

Deleted
    Won't affect PVE as much, but when it comes to PVP they're removing so many utility spells that it drastically reduces the skill cap and after trying out PVP on beta myself it just feels like a damage fight with no options to outplay people whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    there are more buttons to every rotation than in wod mop or cata.
    unholy DK looks pretty complicated, if you are a top raider and having to min/max all those spells, procs, etc... some ppl would just pick passives which also give you even more procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    Won't affect PVE as much, but when it comes to PVP they're removing so many utility spells that it drastically reduces the skill cap and after trying out PVP on beta myself it just feels like a damage fight with no options to outplay people whatsoever.
    wut. All the Utility is in the PvP trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    This. There's nothing left but damage and more damage, it's kill or be killed. Designed for filthy casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    wut. All the Utility is in the PvP trees.
    the pvp trees are full of passive talents with one or two active spells in total, there is almost no actual utility there lol

Interesting pics.

Looks just about right. I have no idea why people are shitting their pants over it so much. Whining for the sake of whining, if I was to guess.

Besides: my action bars already look somewhat like that. I don't know what the whiners are on about.

I don't give a fuck these days. Anything that isn't instrumental to the gameplay gets yanked off the bar. All the useless shitty "situational" crap that I might need 3x during an expansion cycle, or just don't use all.

Deleted
    Well my Balance Druid has more abilities in Legion and spec's like WW Monks still have too much bloat. I think people are just salty that x ability was removed and resort to hyperbole to make it more of an issue than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    the pvp trees are full of passive talents with one or two active spells in total, there is almost no actual utility there lol
    Passive talents can also be utilities. Using the Balance Druid as an example there's Moonkin Aura (increases your teams critical strike chance when you cast Starsurge), Prickling Thorns (causes damage when Entangling Roots is dispelled), Shapemender (heals you for 5% of your health when you shapeshift), and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    But what exactly did most lose utility wise from WoD legion if they gained a bunch of passives and some actives?

You can see the general ballpark they were going for, but man druid still has so many more compared to the rest lol

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    You can see the general ballpark they were going for, but man druid still has so many more compared to the rest lol
    To be fair, you can cut that down by putting the form-dependent abilities on your main action bar.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    So lots of people talk about how the expansions so far have gutted classes and removed tons and tons of abilities, and that Legion will remove even more. I spent a couple hours today preparing this gallery for two purposes:

1) It shows how filled your actions bars will be
    2) It shows the difference in AMOUNT of spells between a player who chooses only PASSIVE spells and one that chooses only ACTIVE spells. Yes, there will probably be a cookie cutter build per spec, etc., but its nice to see it first hand.

I have seen some comparisons in earlier alpha versions, but I figured I will make a new one so its up to date and you can see ALL specs.

The pictures in the screenshots are from build 7.0.3.21863, level 110 characters, Completed Artifact weapon and level 50 honor rank. So this is how your action bar should look I guess several months into the expansion. There are no double spells, no macros, no racials, no pots, no favorite toys, no mount macro, etc.. ALL spells listed(including stuff like teleports, utilities, etc.).

I wanted to make the screenshots nice and not just cut out action bars to get a better feeling of it. You can decide on your own whether Legion is cutting even more or adding more!

Enjoy - http://imgur.com/a/ya9fD
    *the images are a lot and fairly large, but easy to browse.

edit: updated that the screenshots only show the specs spells, no additional stuff which you will probably use such as macros, pots, etc.
    nice work. UH DK still has tons of spells.

IMO 2 action bars + pet OR stances OR a third action bar are the sweetspot

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    IMO 2 action bars + pet OR stances OR a third action bar are the sweetspot
    26-30 abilities is the sweet spot.

The people arguing for this either don't know how bad it is or are just simply bad players.

"If I can't use every ability in every situation, it's bad! Flavor? What the fuck is that, give me 2% more damage".

we hunters lost eyes of the beast all those years ago, now you will all suffer as we have! mwuhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by yoge View Post
    nice work. UH DK still has tons of spells.
    unholy, warlocks and resto druids seem to have their binds full

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The people arguing for this either don't know how bad it is or are just simply bad players.

"If I can't use every ability in every situation, it's bad! Flavor? What the fuck is that, give me 2% more damage".
    Pretty much. Remember you arguing with MOBA players that believe less abilities add depth. That may apply for MOBA but that doesn't apply to MMORPGs.