How Are Demon Hunters?

Would like the opinions of people here instead of the DH forum, that place seems like a small circlejerk where they all hold similar opinions.

The class has been out for testing for months now, we're almost to the finish line. Are they good? Bad? Class seems overly simplistic to me and that's disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Would like the opinions of people here instead of the DH forum, that place seems like a small circlejerk where they all hold similar opinions.

The class has been out for testing for months now, we're almost to the finish line. Are they good? Bad? Class seems overly simplistic to me and that's disappointing.
    I don't know too much about the DPS spec, but the Tanking spec is amazing able to constantly move and, once I improve, jump out of damage, and then straight back into the fray. I wouldn't call the class simple, rather focused. It knows what it wants to be and sticks to that fantasy. besides, I've always hated having too many keys. Without a naga it's hard to key bind them all. I'm already finding it hard with DH, especially if you take the more active talents.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I don't know too much about the DPS spec, but the Tanking spec is amazing able to constantly move and, once I improve, jump out of damage, and then straight back into the fray. I wouldn't call the class simple, rather focused. It knows what it wants to be and sticks to that fantasy. besides, I've always hated having too many keys. Without a naga it's hard to key bind them all. I'm already finding it hard with DH, especially if you take the more active talents.
    What I got from this is that you can't handle 17-18 binds and it's almost overwhelming for you. I guess in that vein you wouldn't think the class was simple at all. Not to sound like an elitist, because I am a casual as well, but frankly the class seems like it was made for someone like you in mind.

What I got from this is that you can't handle 17-18 binds and it's almost overwhelming for you. I guess in that vein you wouldn't think the class was simple at all. Not to sound like an elitist, because I am a casual as well, but frankly the class seems like it was made for someone like you in mind.
    There's frankly no need for 17-18 binds. So yes, I prefer a class I can play without worrying if a situational ability that I use once every month is CTRL-A or CTRL-B

You also didn't take the fact that they are an incredibly fun mobile class, which looks simple outside, but is so damn fun to actually play.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    There's frankly no need for 17-18 binds. So yes, I prefer a class I can play without worrying if a situational ability that I use once every month is CTRL-A or CTRL-B

You also didn't take the fact that they are an incredibly fun mobile class, which looks simple outside, but is so damn fun to actually play.
    The mobility is cool. I come from playing a rogue in the past, so I had a lot of control options in my toolkit, and the Demon Hunters lack control compared to a rogue, so to me it seems like they lose out on some depth and I don't know where that is replaced.

The mobility is cool. I come from playing a rogue in the past, so I had a lot of control options in my toolkit, and the Demon Hunters lack control compared to a rogue, so to me it seems like they lose out on some depth and I don't know where that is replaced.
    Demon Hunters aren't meant to provide control, not that it matters much in a PVE setting. In pvp, they do lack. And they also lack survivability, which is a total shame since they die far too quickly in 2's. That said, I think they're perfectly fine for PVE

They are easily the best DPS and Tank in the game in terms of DPS.
    Havoc is very simple in its Single Target rotation, but very very hard hitting.
    Vengeance is VERY fast paced, mobility centric and extremely heavy burst AOE and single target.

They will likely be nerfed at some point, but as of right now (and likely for a while on live,) they will be the best dps in the game 100 percent.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They are easily the best DPS and Tank in the game in terms of DPS.
    Havoc is very simple in its Single Target rotation, but very very hard hitting.
    Vengeance is VERY fast paced, mobility centric and extremely heavy burst AOE and single target.

They will likely be nerfed at some point, but as of right now (and likely for a while on live,) they will be the best dps in the game 100 percent.
    Hope the tanking isn't nerfed. I still get 1 shot by a pack of trash mobs while demon spikes is us

I definitely think that juggling that many skills is a little too much. I mean sure you could have the rotations be rewarded with higher dps but where do you draw the line for accessibility and balance? I feel like they could tone it down a bit and everyone would still approve.

I like them but playing them in first person like how I play my others chars is impossible

Personally, I truly enjoy Havoc. They are very simple to play, but I don't mind that. They feel extremely agile and powerful during combat, and that makes them fun for me. I like that there are several abilities you can add to your rotation through talents later on, or you can choose to stay as simple as when you started playing. They feel a lot like Illidan in Heroes of the Storm, which is pretty fun for me.

The huge complaint for me is that leveling is somewhat oddly balanced. They tend to die a lot at lower levels in the Broken Isles, unless you manage to pull a bunch of smaller mobs and kill them quickly to steal their souls. I don't know why, but 102-104 feels like I died a lot, while 105+ wasn't too bad at all. At 110, I feel more invincible than the Fury Warrior I made, who has better gear.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

They're pretty fun tbh. I've only played Havoc but I got to about 103 or 104 and then decided how I felt about them. Double jump and glide for me personally, was still fun and more than a novelty way past the intro and an hour into gameplay.

I'm definitely going to level one, but it won't be my main.

I'm only 104 so I don't have an end-game position yet, but despite their lack of button variety (or perhaps because of it) I've really enjoyed my Demon Hunter, to the point I'm almost thinking about maining one in Legion.

They feel so quick and agile, and just really satisfying. Though I'm still learning the ropes; one minute I feel invincible and the next I feel annoyed at having died three times in ten minutes.