Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The bolded requires an almost absurd naïveté to truly believe. Were the prices being received "fair market prices", there would be no need to force the hands of the possible sellers.
    Actually, this statement represents absurd naivete. Just because an offer is a fair market price doesn't mean that I'm interested in selling. Heck, if someone walked up to my house today and offered a fair price, I'm not going to sell it...I like my house as it is.

Furthermore, from one of the sections that you quoted above, "willing seller, willing buyer" proves my point.

They can't be serious here. Did they Not see how it went in Zimbabwe? I mean, come on! That was just removing the white farmers under perfect conditions. Now South Africa wants to do the same thing, but after suffering major droughts? What do they hope to accomplish? Ignoring race, this is the dumbest thing they can do at the worst time possible. Yes, lets rapidly remove all of the knowledgeable and skilled farmers, who are their Only hope of full recovery after all of the droughts, and replace them with people who have literally no idea what to do. Its mass suicide! Add to the drought problem that their economy is also suffering from slow growth, and you wonder where the money for this is going to come from.

The only good thing is that the president may take his time singing it since the government can't afford to buy lard chunks of land and redistribute it to people who don't have money of their own to invest in it.

Another bad part is that the bill is vague. Property could mean land, or more.

This is just stupid on a massive scale. Hopefully it doesn't get signed too soon. Otherwise it will be nothing but suicide by the government. Its going to be hard no matter what, and hopefully the land is taken by other farmers rather then those who want to develop the land.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Stop worrying about colonialism.
    Stop having white guilt.
    Do not concede any kind of repayment.
    Defending your rights, in this case your property rights.
    The repayment should be helping the black population (schooling and infrastucture) but not taking away land from the economic powers in SA, i agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post

You do realise they are being paid right? They are not having everything taken from them like they did to others?
    And what the fuck are they supposed to do with that money if the only thing they and their ancestors have known is agriculture? That skill set is generational and shifting from it takes tremendous amount of effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Well, let's be real here. The white South Africans don't really deserve to be there. The reason that most persons of European descent own land in South Africa is directly traceable to colonialism. The control of so much formerly black-dominated land by a white minority in Africa is on some level morally illegitimate.
    Sure, let's start with that.

Next, USA is back in Natives hands, all the others should take the firsr ship to another continent.
    We will also force all Turks away from Turkey and back to Turkmenistan.
    Everybody with roman lineage will be kicked out of spain and Britain.
    The French should be forced to relocate in Germany,

And while we're there, nobody with blonde hair should be allowed to stay in Europe, since they were invaders from the eastern steppes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    The repayment should be helping the black population (schooling and infrastucture) but not taking away land from the economic powers in SA, i agree.
    What about they actually pay for that instead?

7+ Year Old Account
    Buy a farm
    And why the fuck is this entire thing needed then in the first place?

Just last week, Christian Aid came begging for money to help Zimbabwe.

Whitey never learns.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Buy a farm
    10/10 would encourage again.

I completely agree with taking land away from it's owners while paying them so that the owners can buy land. It makes perfect sense.

Also, i feel that you as a white person has perpetuated racism a whole lot so i feel obligated to now take your house away. Don't worry, i'll pay you a fair price that i decide on. That should help the situation a great deal and encourage future cooperation from everyone involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Implementing laws that negatively impact people based purely on their colour of skin is, or is not, racism?
    Of course not, you can't be racist against white people!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think i ever said i was white? To be honest I wouldn't mind if you took my house i was benifitting from stolen land and contributing to the unhealthy social climate in south africa.
    Who was the land stolen from? Be specific, because black =/= South African.

Deleted
    I don't think i ever said i was white? To be honest I wouldn't mind if you took my house i was benifitting from stolen land and contributing to the unhealthy social climate in south africa.
    Feel free to cut out the white part then. Tell me where you live and then we can take a nice look at history and find some ancestors that came in and then through war or similar things conquered things. After that we can do the above where you get paid a "fair" price for your possessions. It would be difficult deciding who should benefit from them for me but i'm sure you can come up with a fair way of dealing with things since you're know who the rightful owner of the lands in SA is.

Deleted
    Do you get a kick of out of misrepresenting what colonialism was?
    I know what colonialism was. Are you telling me that armed forces coming through and taking the land from it's rightful owners isn't something that should be treated in the same way(in terms of repatriation of the lant)?

You couldn't be arguing that because some people in the past exploited a country people who may or may not be related should get punished right? If you want to argue that well we might as well execute every single living being and call it a day. Nuclear winter here i come! Justice for all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the person who overlooks colonialism by black people in South Africa, because it does not fit their agenda.

Deleted
    noun: colonialism

the policy or practice of acquiring full or partial political control over another country, occupying it with settlers, and exploiting it economically.
    The people of the British Isles have been the victims of colonialsim since the Romans it would seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The people of the British Isles have been the victims of colonialsim since the Romans it would seem.
    The people of South Africa have been the victims of colonialism by black and white people, but the black ones do not count because...err...they are black.

In fact the black colonists are the ones who will benefit most from the policy in the OP.

Good for SA. I'm sure they cycle of hatred and bigotry is well on its way to never ending.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Who was the land stolen from? Be specific, because black =/= South African.
    I find it amusing, you spent the entire thread trying to tell him that the "blacks" are not uniform and that a lot of them are also colonists that were just beaten by better colonists. He has 100% ignored you in favor of "white = evil, black = good". Then he claims not being racist ... It is just incredible the amount of mental gymnastics these people need to do to follow their orthodoxy.

Eh i don't really feel the need to engage with bad rhetoric like "not all black people are good therefore european colonialism wasn't that bad"
    Training for the Rio olympics in mental gymnastics I see!

10+ Year Old Account
    *hint* racism *hint*
    So racism is bad but colonialism is not, unless that colonialism is done by white people?

Eh i don't really feel the need to engage with bad rhetoric like "not all black people are good therefore european colonialism wasn't that bad"
    Except this policy and ones like it are aiming to to give land to colonists. You clearly have no issue with colonialism, you just have an issue with whites doing it.