Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Trying to level an alt.

So, I logged on my level 58 warrior, finally decided to give leveling a proper go.

One hour later, I have been able to finish one quest. Simply because the NPCs are dead 24/7, and there is about 5 lvl ?? that is killing me every time I ress.

I don't get it, it pisses me off, and it ruins the whole experience.

So if anyone of you ever do this, fuck off.

*EDIT*
    Because people suck at reading more than this post I feel I have to add somethings:

1. I wanted to do the quests, as I haven't done that since the TBC/WotLK days, so I have leveled so far by doing every dungeon once for the quests only, no dungeon spamming, because that shit is boring as fuck.
    2. After that hour of being corpse camped (killed asap I ress), I did queue up for dungeons and flied to Zangramash when I hit 60. There I only met one Alliance that killed me once, then went on with his buisiness, just as what is normal on PvP servers. Or normal for people that got standards.
    3. I won't reroll to a new PvE server, simply because I got all my gold, friends, guild, characters on this realm. Been playing on PvP servers since Vanilla. So that is not an option, also people camp on PvE servers, there they kill off the NPCs.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2016-06-08 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    While I can relate - seems like you chose a PvP Server. Sadly this is expected. Although you can in fact search for people on Trade to get rid of this guy.

So either don't play on a PvP server, or Group Finder until 62-63ish and level in Zangar.

The "play on a PvE server" argument is moot. I got all my characters on Kazzak, why would I reroll on another one to just do the questing? Fuck, I wish I could get these low life players banned.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

But Muh World PVP
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    The "play on a PvE server" argument is moot. I got all my characters on Kazzak, why would I reroll on another one to just do the questing? Fuck, I wish I could get these low life players banned.
    The "play ona PvE" argument is not moot. The information about all your characters on Kazzak is irrelevant - the server is flagged as PvP, and by World PvP rules in World of Warcraft (and many mmorpgs before and after), you are subject to being killed by high-level players. It's part of the "fun". It's on the package. You accepted it when you began leveling in that PvP server. I hate that stuff, which made me a PvE-server player.

So, I logged on my level 60 warrior, finally decided to give leveling a proper go.

One hour later, I have been able to finish one quest. Simply because the NPCs are dead 24/7, and there is about 5 lvl ?? that is killing me every time I ress.

I don't get it, it pisses me off, and it ruins the whole experience.

So if anyone of you ever do this, fuck off.
    What zone were you in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    While I can relate - seems like you chose a PvP Server. Sadly this is expected. Although you can in fact search for people on Trade to get rid of this guy.
    Yeah - this actually works. I've helped many people in trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The "play ona PvE" argument is not moot. The information about all your characters on Kazzak is irrelevant - the server is flagged as PvP, and by World PvP rules in World of Warcraft (and many mmorpgs before and after), you are subject to being killed by high-level players. It's part of the "fun". It's on the package. You accepted it when you began leveling in that PvP server. I hate that stuff, which made me a PvE-server player.
    To each their own. I enjoy it. When I'm killed by a high level it pisses me off, so I get my main and we battle it out.... makes me laugh later.

Only got worse since CRZ, sadly nothing can do.

Playing on a PvE server wouldn't help with his problem since it's not just that he's being killed the npc's are being killed and kept killed so you can't turn in quests

I have a few 90's on a pvp server, in short pvp servers are nothing but a low level gankfests. As long as the numbers are uneven people will "enjoy it" and when it evens out, it evaporates.

If you can kill a level 10 with a dot, you probably enjoy playing on a pvp server.

There is a solution but you are not going to like it.

Deleted
    My Hunter is PvP dedicated simply because of these people, to combat those Super Elite Gladiator whatever the fuck they're called people. Who prey on people who are not even PvP oriented simply because they can and because you can't combat them with your PvE gear.

Request an invite from a friend on a PvE server or use group finder to do it, complete your quest and move on.

Warning: Even on PvE servers they can still kill the npcs (yes, there are high lvls doing this).

Personal Opinion: PvP servers in WoW suck. It's mostly high lvls one-shooting low lvls, all the fun happens in BGs, Arenas or PvP Zones such as ashran, tol barad, winter, etc. so no point in actually playing a PvP server tbh (at least not since BC or so)

Honestly its really just a zone or two that this happens in... Hellfire being the main one. I'd suggest just specific queuing and doing the dungeon quests.. you'll quickly get past Hellfire.

The information that his other toons are there is Not irrelevant. It means low levels have access to his gold so he can get bags and professions leveled if he wants. It means that he has a set guild that he can have his alt in, and possibly raid with. It means he wants all of his toons on one server for what ever reason.

Being a PvP server doesn't change how much of a d bag move it is these guys corpse camp. It sucks in Any game, even PvP orientated games.

I am on a PvP server because its 1) High populated with horde and 2) It's a good pve server. Of course my mains are there. I would rather level on a pvp server and take my chances then sit on a pve server without a guild or my mains.

OP: Honestly, Dbags are rampant in BC zones. Just dungeon finder it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Ended up doing what I've been doing for the latest expansions - dungeon spam.. So tired of it though, so wanted to give the questing a go, as I haven't really done that since TBC/WotLK.

The reason I play on a PvP realm, is that I have since Vanilla, when World PvP actually was more than killing people 40 levels under you. I got all my characters on two PvP realms, and I'm just not ditching what this game is about: Friends. Friends I've gathered during the decade I've played the game. Also would be sad to lose 860k gold by changing server. And transfering 7 level 100s is out of the question.

I just get so frustrated about the fact that I can't just do my quests, and level as the game was designed, without doing dungeon spams from a capital city. I miss the world, but everytime I visit it, I get reminded about what a shitfest the community of WoW is.
    Sure, I could have logged on my main, and most likely found a group to go battle these guys, but wasn't really in the mood for some random PvP. All I wanted was watch a movie while doing a couple of levels trough questing for once.

A shame so many zones and quests are as good as useless because of low life idiots camping and killing everything they see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand in a safe major city and queue for random dungeons until you reach an appropriate level to quest somewhere OTHER than Hellfire Peninsula, then continue.

Even in the worst PVP spots, like Hellfire and Hyjal, I find that once I get out of the immediate intro quest area, I get ganked a lot less.
    People tend to focus on Nordrassil in Hyjal, and Thrallmar/Honor Hold in Hellfire, so if you really want to, you can just get your ass out and away from the city ASAP, and continue questing in the less "hunted" parts of the zone. You'd probably rage a lot less just doing my first suggestion though.

All I wanted was watch a movie while doing a couple of levels trough questing for once.

A shame so many zones and quests are as good as useless because of low life idiots camping and killing everything they see.
    This really isn't an issue in most zones though.

I thought you could level in Zangamarsh at level 60.

Eh... PVE servers are just as bad for NPC's at hubs being dead all the time, the only difference is you don't get killed and camped.