Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Has anyone ever won Temple of Anubis on attack?

What the fuck was Blizz thinking putting Def spawn point literally 3 inches from the last cap area?

There's just no way to win that if you're on attack. Even if you wipe the entire team, 5 seconds later they're going to be back out shooting at you.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    If ur team dosnt got 6 mouthbreathers its not that hard to win
    Say if ur team consist of 5 widowmakers or McCrees, u gon have a hard time getting the point, but ppl rather bitch that its too hard rather than changing to an hero that will help get the point
    Last edited by Frolk; 2016-06-06 at 02:21 AM.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. If you group up for a solid push and are able to wipe most or all of their team, you just have to watch the two (mostly one) path's from the spawn and mow down defenders as they funnel in one by one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    What the fuck was Blizz thinking putting Def spawn point literally 3 inches from the last cap area?

There's just no way to win that if you're on attack. Even if you wipe the entire team, 5 seconds later they're going to be back out shooting at you.
    Plenty, save ults for the push if needs be.

I've won on attack and lost on defence.

During beta everyone complained about it, but as it went on people learned how to deal with it and it ceased to be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue with winning Anubis is having a bunch of idiots. I don't know why but people have this need to run in single file or split in 3 directions to die a miserable fate. I try to go Reinhardt and get people to hide behind my shield to blow up Bastion/Turrets but no one ever does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just lost while absolutely dominating the winning team. And then roles reversed and we won easily on D without that same team even capturing the first point.

No way this map is balanced. I always notice this on it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

It's really easy to snowball on that map and just win the 2nd point after the first.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

How to win on any Assault map.

Save ults then chain them on the last point, wiping the enemy team. Split up 5 people to watch both spawns and you win.

Super boring, but super effective.

Won it multiple times. Lost multiple times. There's 3 ways in, with different heights/angles to shoot at/from. Yes, in 6 seconds the enemy team will be back, but that's more time then needed to cap during Overtime as well as fully capping if you have players that can slow them down trying to get back on point. Most wins/losses come down to multiple equations, but the most common denominator in deciding a win or loss is teamwork, coordination, and a willingness to swap a character if needed to counter.

Yeah, won it a bit, but I think it relies on the defending team being significantly worse than the attacking one. That last point is so incredibly easy to defend unless you're all wiped out in a single ult or something (which really shouldn't happen). It's not unbalanced to the point of being impossible (nowhere near it), but it's definitely skewed in the defending team's favour.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes, frequently. Git gud.

- - - Updated - - -

Just lost while absolutely dominating the winning team. And then roles reversed and we won easily on D without that same team even capturing the first point.

No way this map is balanced. I always notice this on it.
    If you lost you didn't dominate the winning team, you just mistook this game for call of duty.

its soo easy

so many ways in

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

They called me Godhardt after that day, for my unorthodox use of his charge, since my shield was useless without my team behind it.

Yeah i know what you mean its troublesome when random people want to not cooperate and play whatever, but hey its quick play you cant expect everyone to play what " the team needs" then again if you go to see Volskaya has the same issue with the point being a stone throw away from re spawn. However have won a number of games on both maps but yes i agree the defense in this game is much easier than attacking, concourse this is a personal opinion but I still stand by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Yes, frequently. Git gud.

- - - Updated - - -

If you lost you didn't dominate the winning team, you just mistook this game for call of duty.
    If you're not going to add anything to the discussion then don't reply. No point in trying to troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    its soo easy

so many ways in
    Point is that it's like 1 foot away from the defense spawn. They just rez back up after a few seconds and step out right onto the defense point and then keep it contested which means attack team can't progress on the cap while more Def rez up and run into fight seconds later.

If they're going to keep rez times low then they should at least move the rez point farther than the cap point like with all the other atk/def maps.

I killed the same Pharah like 2 or 3 times before finally dying while on the cap point. Pretty dumb. And then I finally die and have to waste 30 seconds running back in while they take like 3.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-06-06 at 03:13 AM.

Tend to do really well with Zarya on this map.

Something else I've noticed far too few people doing:

Get a mic. Use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg747 View Post
    How to win on any Assault map.

Save ults then chain them on the last point, wiping the enemy team. Split up 5 people to watch both spawns and you win.

Super boring, but super effective.
    Fun fact: this is how you win every attack game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What I noticed was on attack, if you have a D.Va or Reaper, wait til the timer is down to 10seconds and pop the ults, Reaper first to clear them or make em hide then D.Va to make them continue hiding. Usually, this is enough time to capture and win especially when your team is all in there randomly shooting at every direction.

On defence, get a turret and Bastion, opposite sides facing each other with someone roaming, preferably reaper/pharah/genji annoying them on the outer perimeter, this usually works. And NEVER GROUP TOGETHER IN B. So many times I've lost a game cause somebody popped an ult and we all die together.

Or cheese it, during open beta, the attacking team had 2 D.Vas and they bum rushed B, popped ult and won sooo fast, our team came together and did the same with 4 D.Vas. Rushed em, tried to kill as many as we could and when our mechs were down, we popped Q just before we got ejected. Worked like a charm.

This game is so addictive when strangers, without communicating, just magically gel and work in sync with each other. So awesome.