Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Dude read what I said............What I said does not suggest that at all.
    You're trying to claim abortion will not effect them as much as I suggest. We KNOW that adult men can be devastated by it.. but somehow that won't apply to kids as well? Some men don't care. Some men carry that grief with them their entire life. Kids generally don't even know abortion EXISTS until suddenly they get told that it means their kid dies.. yeah, that's going to have *some* effect, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    You're trying to claim abortion will not effect them as much as I suggest. We KNOW that adult men can be devastated by it.. but somehow that won't apply to kids as well? Some men don't care. Some men carry that grief with them their entire life. Kids generally don't even know abortion EXISTS until suddenly they get told that it means their kid dies.. yeah, that's going to have *some* effect, for better or worse.
    That doesn't mean I'm saying, men can't be affected lol. Yea this kid may have issues, later in life, or he may not. That is fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

That doesn't mean I'm saying, men can't be affected lol. Yea this kid may have issues, later in life, or he may not. That is fact.
    Which is EXACTLY what I said, but you took exception to it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Which is EXACTLY what I said, but you took exception to it for some reason.
    Nah you responded to my post, which actually didn't go against what you said. Just a miscommunication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Sicari, clear something up for me. How the f does it harm him going forward to ( as a heterosexual male) willingly have had sex with an attractive woman for an extended period of time?

Yeh yeh he can't give legal consent because of the law. I'll let you in on something: when I was a 13 year old boy, I would have thanked God for my luck. Sure the law says NONONONO, but that wouldn't have pushed me to tell her no or tell my parents or something.

So, could you please present even one plausible scenario where he's somehow damaged for the future?
    Why don't you talk to a child psychologist about all the possible issues that can arise after events such as these?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Why don't you talk to a child psychologist about all the possible issues that can arise after events such as these?
    Cite some sources. Find some data.

Because everyone (not just you) are arguing their intuitions.

It seems intuitive that this will be harmful, but in other ways it seems intuitive that it won't.

Nah you responded to my post, which actually didn't go against what you said. Just a miscommunication.
    Ahh, I probably misread... no cooking and posting!

I hope that woman goes to jail for a very, very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Felquickie View Post
    I hope that woman goes to jail for a very, very long time.
    Why? jail time yes, she broke the law so she does the time for the crime. His parents were OK with their relationship and the sex was as consensual as it could be given the statutory rape situation that it is....

Admittedly I think she's a little weird for choosing a 13 year kid when she clearly could have found a guy her own age, but she's not your stereotypical dangerous criminal. I mean she'll already never teach again, so no worries about other students being affected.

15+ Year Old Account
    If she kept his kid would he have been liable to pay child support when he turned 18?

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Cite some sources. Find some data.

Because everyone (not just you) are arguing their intuitions.

It seems intuitive that this will be harmful, but in other ways it seems intuitive that it won't.

Very well. Although, in general I think the onus should be on those that want to change the law to support their positions. But, there does seem to be a great misunderstanding about why these laws exist in the first place.

http://www.bandbacktogether.com/stat...ape-resources/

What Are the Risks of Statutory Rape?

• An underage male who fathers a child may be liable for child support, regardless of whether he is of working age.
    • Misunderstandings about the meaning of the sexual act, whether it is part of a continual relationship, and what the physical and emotional consequences may be for both parties. This can have a negative impact on an individual's self-esteem, self-worth, and/or body image.
    • Minors who have sex are at greater risk for experiencing mood disorders, such as depression.
    • Underage girls (particularly those under the age of 16) are often not fully developed physically and may experience more pain during sex.
    • Individuals under the age of 18 may have more difficulty obtaining birth control and STD protection (especially if they do not confide in their parents), which puts them at greater risk of pregnancy and contracting STDs.
    • Teens who become pregnant find it more difficult to graduate high school, which can impact the jobs they are able to obtain and their ability to be financially independent and able to care for their child. Because of this, 75% of teen mothers will rely on welfare at some point during their lives.
    • Minors are more emotionally vulnerable and have a greater risk of experiencing physical and/or emotional abuse in a relationship with an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Why? jail time yes, she broke the law so she does the time for the crime. His parents were OK with their relationship and the sex was as consensual as it could be given the statutory rape situation that it is....

Admittedly I think she's a little weird for choosing a 13 year kid when she clearly could have found a guy her own age, but she's not your stereotypical dangerous criminal. I mean she'll already never teach again, so no worries about other students being affected.
    For some reason, I sincerely feel that your opinion would be slightly different if it had been a male teacher on an "ok and consensual" sexual relationship with a 13 year old girl..

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

I would like you to define "dangerous". We still don't know how the kid will be affected by this - she might have broken something, just like she herself had to be broken to seek affection from a pre-teen boy.

A lump of cells died. Big whoop.

Now imagine what a big burden like fartherhood would've done.

Let's not take this anywhere but here (Scope of discussion). He's a 13 year old kid. It probably would've fucked him menteally if she kept it.
    granted youre right, no ones that cold. cut the crap and accept that you have a soul, it misses you.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    granted youre right, no ones that cold. cut the crap and accept that you have a soul, it misses you.
    Bolded for emphasis.

I like the actual truth more than just whitewashing stuff. I'm open to change my stance if given new evidence, of course.

Seeing things the for the way they are is the first step to having a "soul"

Bolded for emphasis.

I like the actual truth more than just whitewashing stuff. I'm open to change my stance if given new evidence, of course.

Seeing things the for the way they are is the first step to having a "soul"
    and being an anime fan. HIYA
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You really don't understand, do you?
    The law is clear. The facts are clear.
    Rules of our society: Sex with minors = bad -> no exceptions.

Topic done.

All we actually can discuss are our personal opinions and hypothetical what if's.

The question you need to ask is: can a 14yr old girl truly "want" someone while weighing all possible consequences or are these feelings of infatuation and desire beyond her own comprehension and cloud the little logical thinking that 14yr olds have?

If she can -> no harm done (no matter what you or I might think about the age difference)
    If she cannot -> old man would take advantage of a person in a state of diminished mental capacity (same boat as taking advantage of an intoxicated person) despite the fact that she initiated the action.

Now the truly interestion debate would revolve around: are there 14yr old youngsters that have the capacity and if so, how does one recognize it?

Naturally, our law and society prefers to err on the side of caution and declares all minors unfit for these kind of decisions.
    Right, you only have to ask yourself if a 14 year old girl can oversee the consequences or if these feelings of infatuation and desire are beyond her own comprehension, but a 14 year old boy obviously can, right..
    This is just a bunch of sexist nonsense, no 14 year old can oversee the consequences of these actions, no matter what their sex is.

The fact is, no one has truly a real idea what having kids entails before they start having them. That doesn't mean that all ages should be allowed to start a family when they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felquickie View Post
    I would like you to define "dangerous". We still don't know how the kid will be affected by this - she might have broken something, just like she herself had to be broken to seek affection from a pre-teen boy.
    Was more talking about violent. I get that she may have a screw loose and can possibly cause the boy to get a screw loose as well, just think extended jail time is wasted on people who are just misguided. Save the jail for violent criminals, sending the mental ones to the right place. Jail wouldn't fix her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    For some reason, I sincerely feel that your opinion would be slightly different if it had been a male teacher on an "ok and consensual" sexual relationship with a 13 year old girl..
    Probably. But it would also depend on how the parents felt about the relationship. In this case the boys parents welcomed her, so that reduces a lot of my vitriol on the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    darn autocorrect.

"i swear your honor i wasn't raping that kid i was teaching them proper sex techniques"
    Really? You want to cheapen actual, horrific rape by comparing it to consensual sexual acts between an older person and a younger person?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Bleh, I hope she gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I normally don't like to believe accusations like this out of the gate without more evidence, but since she's admitted to it to just about everyone, into the pin with her! That boy might think it's cool to be having sex at 13, but there is the potential for severe psychological harm in his future. Unfortunate situation all around.
    That psychological harm would only come from others. Maybe you should blame them. You who are among them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You said this wasn't abuse by "any reasonable definition". Well, the majority of the first world disagrees with you on that.

Maybe, just maybe, it isn't the rest of the civilized world that is wrong?
    Ah, the classic argumentum ad populum. You should know that it's a fallacy.

Let's go back 25 years and ask the same question about the gays. A couple more decades, and ask that question about the blacks. Prevailing cultural opinion is not always right. Sometimes it's more useful to glean insight from nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Of course when it's a little girl we will all be outraged. That's the way the world is and I doubt it's changing anytime soon.
    ^This, this and this^