Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Trump Leads Clinton on Top-Ranking Economic Issues [Gallop]

PRINCETON, N.J. -- If the race for president comes down to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Trump could benefit from an edge in public confidence on the issues Americans are prioritizing most this election. A slight majority of Americans choose Trump as better able to handle the economy (53%) and jobs (52%), and 50% choose him -- versus 46% who choose Clinton -- on terrorism and national security.
    (Source)

Hillary is not as trusted as Trump by the public on issues of.... Economics OR National Security. Hillary may be a much weaker candidate than originally thought.

Well, this is a sticky wicket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I have to commend Trump for making a lot of people think that bankrupting 5 businesses is somehow good business rather than having succesfull business.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I have to commend Trump for making a lot of people think that bankrupting 5 businesses is somehow good business rather than having succesfull business.
    He has apparently been apt at convincing idiots he will be good at many things. The above poll says Trump is more favorable in tax and deficit reduction categories... Despite every expert on the subject pointing out that his tax plan cuts trillions in federal revenue over the next several years whilst simultaneously promising no reduction in the largest areas of spending in the US budget (Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Defense). And he is rated higher in economy despite, once again, almost all experts agreeing that his promised antagonistic attitude toward our top trading partners and incoming trade war would most likely result in another global recession.

Really shows you how stupid the average American is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    He has apparently been apt at convincing idiots he will be good at many things. The above poll says Trump is more favorable in tax and deficit reduction categories... Despite every expert on the subject pointing out that his tax plan cuts trillions in federal revenue over the next several years whilst simultaneously promising no reduction in the largest areas of spending in the US budget (Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Defense). And he is rated higher in economy despite, once again, almost all experts agreeing that his promised antagonistic attitude toward our top trading partners and incoming trade war would most likely result in another global recession.

Really shows you how stupid the average American is.
    I wonder if insulting his supporters will change their minds about Trump?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how these numbers will shift when Trump -- who has literally less than zero experience with terrorism and wants to abolish the federal minimum wage -- goes up against Clinton, who is pushing an increase to at least $12/hour and is shown here as Bin Laden was caught and killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Sometimes things don't always work out. Filing for bankruptcy is just part of doing business sometimes. Instead of harping on his 5 failed business why not list his thriving ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I wonder if insulting his supporters will change their minds about Trump?
    Perhaps?

Probably a lot better chance than simply allowing them bask in their ignorance?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather avoid the problem in the first place... Not wait until he destroys the economy and then worry about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather avoid the problem in the first place... Not wait until he destroys the economy and then worry about it.
    Well, I mean it hasn't worked thus far, perhaps if you try harder?

I think Trumps appeal is driven both by the established parties abandonment of the Working Class, and both Parties absolute disdain for them. Who else were they going to rally around. The only other possible champion is Sanders and the DNC isn't having that so.... whose it going to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean it hasn't worked thus far, perhaps if you try harder?

I think Trumps appeal is driven both by the established parties abandonment of the Working Class, and both Parties absolute disdain for them. Who else were they going to rally around. The only other possible champion is Sanders and the DNC isn't having that so.... whose it going to be?
    Only Trump gets more Republican establishment everyday. And the supposed abandonment of the middle class is the product of the party you are supporting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Sometimes things don't always work out. Filing for bankruptcy is just part of doing business sometimes.
    Holy crap, that's a hell of a cop-out. That's almost as big of a cop-out as why Trump won't release his taxes. I assume we can quote and/or reference this later? "Sometimes things don't always work out" sounds like an all-purpose defense for anything.

Filing for bankruptcy is not part of doing business. By definition, it is part of failing business. It is admitting openly that you got yourself in so much trouble, you cannot pay the debts you legally owe. And it is not an option the US Govt is realistically capable of doing, so even if it was an acceptable business ploy, it's still not an acceptable option the president has.

Deleted
    I think Trumps appeal...
    A lot of Trump's appeal is that he is giving the middle finger to folks like I Push Buttons and telling them to kiss his ass. Many, MANY people condone this.

Perhaps?

Do you actually think telling people they're stupid is likely to be a compelling argument for the people in question? This seems really unlikely. A much more likely outcome is that this sort of "you think what you do because you're stupid" style argument is one driving factor in the backlash that's propelled Trump into being a viable candidate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Filing for bankruptcy is not part of doing business. By definition, it is part of failing business. It is admitting openly that you got yourself in so much trouble, you cannot pay the debts you legally owe.
    You don't have the first fucking clue as to what bankruptcy is. Not only that, you don't have the first fucking clue as to WHY bankruptcy even exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    My goodness, not even a page, and the bull is spewing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Holy crap, that's a hell of a cop-out. That's almost as big of a cop-out as why Trump won't release his taxes. I assume we can quote and/or reference this later? "Sometimes things don't always work out" sounds like an all-purpose defense for anything.

Filing for bankruptcy is not part of doing business. By definition, it is part of failing business. It is admitting openly that you got yourself in so much trouble, you cannot pay the debts you legally owe. And it is not an option the US Govt is realistically capable of doing, so even if it was an acceptable business ploy, it's still not an acceptable option the president has.
    His plan isn't bankruptcy, his plan is to go to the debt holders (mostly US citizens and entities) and say "FUCK YOU, we're the United States and we are going to pay less than we promised! There's nothing you can do about it!"

"The top holder by far is U.S. citizens and American entities, such as state and local governments, pension funds, mutual funds, and the Federal Reserve. Together they own the vast majority -- 67.5% -- of the debt.

---

Of the $12.9 trillion chunk of debt owned by Americans, $5.3 trillion is held by government trust funds such as Social Security, $5.1 trillion is held by individuals, pension funds and state and local governments and the remaining $2.5 trillion is held by the Federal Reserve."

So not only does he fuck over tens of millions of Americans, but he discredits our government against all future lending... Probably resulting in huge austerity when we can't borrow the difference in future budgets.

Sounds like a great plan!

Quote above from CNN.

I don't like trump much, yes he is poor on a lot of issues. The sad fact is though, is that he is better than Hillary on most things. Hillary has an impressive resume on paper until you look at what she did in her positions which is pretty much nothing. She really only got to where she is, riding the coat tails of her husband, the Clinton name, and her gender.

Meh, the general election hasn't even started yet, Hillary is still running against Barrie.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Only Trump gets more Republican establishment everyday. And the supposed abandonment of the middle class is the product of the party you are supporting.
    Indeed he does, and it remains to be seen if he can hold his ground among those people. But thus far I have no reason to explicitly doubt he can hold his ground purely because he has proven himself to be surprisingly good at campaigning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Meh, the general election hasn't even started yet, Hillary is still running against Barrie.
    Hillary has never been running against Bernie. Indeed, much of the press hardly acknowledges that race except to explain Hillary's many short comings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    My goodness, not even a page, and the bull is spewing.
    Sorry to encroach on your turf of posting random articles, I know you are found of being the news aggregator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    You don't have the first fucking clue as to what bankruptcy is.
    It's a court-ordered injunction of creditors ceasing to attempt collection efforts due to admission under oath of inability to pay. It's pretty standard, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Not only that, you don't have the first fucking clue as to WHY bankruptcy even exists.
    Yes I do. And I know why people and businesses attempt to avoid it when realistically possible.

EDIT: In fact, let me add to that. Why does Trump "only" have a few? If it's such a good thing, why doesn't he have ten? Or a hundred?

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry to encroach on your turf of posting random articles, I know you are found of being the news aggregator.
    No encroachment, I am not commenting on you, but on the responders.