Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    So it doesn't spoonfeed you but it's literally a linear experience with autopathing to quests, literally handholding you the entire way. Then there's a daily dungeon system i think? Where it didn't register my girlfriends progression 50% of the time, but did on my end. A dungeon finder system where even if you're not queued it seems to pop up every few minutes even if you're not in the finder anymore, it even spams you during the dungeon.

My.com promised me all content to 49 was pretty much translated, but it isn't, infact, they removed a lot of cinematics from the game and pretty much all VO from quests themselves which further dulled them down, atleast before they had some sort of "soul" in the quests, now it's just text.

But tell me where to figure out all this stuff? Their Discord? Website? Do they even have a site for this information or do i have to magically learn it by spamming in chat nonstop?
    Incoming "It's beta" excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravec View Post
    Nobody said anything about leveling, that as an edit made long after you began putting words in my mouth. Someone said they were having issues with the game because there's a lot of complex systems, and not a lot of clarity is being provided to the player.

I responded to that by saying that translations in the game are not done yet, and that a little more time investment will reveal that it is not as complex as it seemed at first. I added to that, that we're all getting used to simplification so suddenly playing a game which is the opposite on that area is a lot to take in.

Beta is beta, untill a game leaves beta you have right using that against me, once again you're just assuming and it's getting old.

That's the last second of my time I'm wasting on trying to converse with you, good luck with your life.
    Actually from past Asian MMOs I can assume quite well the final product will still be a piece of buggy crap and not the greatest gift to mankind as you keep saying it is. Also I put no words in your mouth. Any critique presented here you have tried to sweep under the rug with rubbish.

Also off topic I don't need luck. I'm in good health, stable income and a nice wife who shares common interests with me such as F1, Video games and classical movies.

Deleted
    I dont understand why every character seems to be ice skating when they turn around though

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    I dont understand why every character seems to be ice skating when they turn around though
    Shitty physics. Nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Incoming "It's beta" excuse.
    I'm sure, but atleast beta should be past the stage of 95% of the text and hardcoded overlays being in russian and chinese/whatever it is. The CBT1 was a fucking disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    I'm sure, but atleast beta should be past the stage of 95% of the text and hardcoded overlays being in russian and chinese/whatever it is. The CBT1 was a fucking disaster.
    CBT2 just closed as well so not sure what we're looking at here. Release coming soon (bad idea) or open beta? Hopefully they fix some shit before either of those.

My friends really want me to try Moonlight Blade when it comes out for NA. There's also bless online that's coming somewhere down the line. Both of these are competing with revelation in terms of market audience and honestly Moonlightblade and Bless online both seem a bit more interesting. Not sure though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    CBT2 just closed as well so not sure what we're looking at here. Release coming soon (bad idea) or open beta? Hopefully they fix some shit before either of those.

My friends really want me to try Moonlight Blade when it comes out for NA. There's also bless online that's coming somewhere down the line. Both of these are competing with revelation in terms of market audience and honestly Moonlightblade and Bless online both seem a bit more interesting. Not sure though.
    The problem is that open beta is often release ready for them and they don't do wipes sometimes, for their sake i really hope they do because right now the game is in a shit state, barely anyone is gonna stay convinced after a few levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Revelation Online is probably released within the next 6 months, open beta/early access probably sooner. Bless might be released in 1 year and Moonlightwhatever in 1,5 years. So there's that why RO is a bit more interesting at the moment.

For me, Bless looks the best out of those games, but the thing is RO will be out earlier no doubt...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Revelation Online is probably released within the next 6 months, open beta/early access probably sooner. Bless might be released in 1 year and Moonlightwhatever in 1,5 years. So there's that why RO is a bit more interesting at the moment.

For me, Bless looks the best out of those games, but the thing is RO will be out earlier no doubt...
    Yeah that's true. Well it looks good enough for me to play until Bless online comes out. Bless is so open world it's crazy I wanna play it so bad.

But RO honestly isn't bad. It needs to be translated but it's definitely worth it for me at least.

The one thing I'm worried about is my.com and there ridiculous crusade of making games p2w.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed to hear the beta is going so poorly. I've been watching this for a bit, even with the sketchy developer. I was tempted to get a pack for beta during Christmas b/c I had extra money for all of 2 hours, but I spent it on food and a new bed for my cat. I guess that was a wise decision. I'll keep waiting for an actual beta invite (probably not happening and they are only selling it) or the release coming up.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought and played the beta for 5 minutes and got a refund for the lack of invert mouse.

I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't even start to argue about it, just accepted the refunding immediately.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Yes there's a lot of complex systems going on and the game does not spoonfeed people (which is why the majority of us plays it) we've all just gotten used to the oversimplification that seems to be trending in mmo's
    God I love the "(which is why the majority of us plays it)" line. That makes it sound like so many other failed games in the past that had a few rabid fans going crazy to defend it. Complex systems + little explanations = less people playing the game. At least that is how it usually goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    God I love the "(which is why the majority of us plays it)" line. That makes it sound like so many other failed games in the past that had a few rabid fans going crazy to defend it. Complex systems + little explanations = less people playing the game. At least that is how it usually goes.
    Dude there are still people defending a few of those games on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Dude there are still people defending a few of those games on here.
    Oh I know it. I meant more on like those game's forums when they first came out. You should have seen the Star Wars forums in the first month, my god it was glorious with the fanboys rushing to defending it as hard as they fucking could. When the game cratered after like the first month because of the many fuckups and poor choices the dev team made...well you saw what happened.

Don't get me wrong, I actually loved Star Wars, but jesus the fanboys murdered any goodwill that game could have had.

Oh I know it. I meant more on like those game's forums when they first came out. You should have seen the Star Wars forums in the first month, my god it was glorious with the fanboys rushing to defending it as hard as they fucking could. When the game cratered after like the first month because of the many fuckups and poor choices the dev team made...well you saw what happened.

Don't get me wrong, I actually loved Star Wars, but jesus the fanboys murdered any goodwill that game could have had.
    Yep any game that caters to the rabid fanboys who put their fingers in their ears of any criticism screaming "LALALALALALLALALALA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU HATER" is gonna fuck up.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    The majority of people I know, including myself, play it because the game does not spoonfeed people, not because of overly complex systems. This game does not cater towards casuals, which I find fantastic. Every second I play games like WoW without a guild/static group of players (random queues) drives me insane, casuals are a nightmare to any player who is above the avg in skill, maybe even top-tier & ''hardcore'' but isn't able to commit/invest such amounts of time, and thus is sort of forced to cooperate with randoms and casuals to get anywhere in the game. You will rarely find bad-mediocre players at level cap in Revelation, it's just too hard and time consuming for them to reach.
    Last edited by Ravec; 2017-01-05 at 01:51 AM.

The majority of people I know, including myself, play it because the game does not spoonfeed people, not because of overly complex systems. This game does not cater towards casuals, which I find fantastic. Every second I play games like WoW without a guild/static group of players (random queues) drives me insane, casuals are a nightmare to any player who is above the avg in skill, maybe even top-tier & ''hardcore'' but isn't commit/invest such amounts of time, and thus is sort of forced to cooperate with randoms and casuals to get anywhere in the game. You will rarely find bad-mediocre players at level cap in Revelation, it's just too hard and time consuming for them to reach.
    You know how many dead or dying games have people that play them that say "This game does not cater towards casuals"? You'd think it would be a nice mindset to have that this game is tough and hardcore and poses a challenge but then you realize that the game needs a lot of people playing them to stay afloat. And when you try to make the same tired WoW argument that people have tried to make for years about WoW saying that casuals are the bane of the game...you DO realize that casuals were the majority in Vanilla and it has stayed the same throughout the entire existance of WoW right? A very small minority of people were raiders period, not just hardcore raiders but raiders.

So if the selling point of Revelation is that it is too hard for the majority and you won't see them at the level cap, well there are some games out there like Black Desert Online, Wildstar and so on that have had that same problem plaguing their games.

And finally, don't make statements like "The majority of people I know" because you are just using anecdotal evidence to try and prove something that may or may not actually exist. The game is in beta right now. What if before the game releases they add in a lot of things to help people understand the systems and not make it as hardcore as you like?

Deleted
    The majority of people I know, including myself, play it because the game does not spoonfeed people, not because of overly complex systems. This game does not cater towards casuals, which I find fantastic. Every second I play games like WoW without a guild/static group of players (random queues) drives me insane, casuals are a nightmare to any player who is above the avg in skill, maybe even top-tier & ''hardcore'' but isn't commit/invest such amounts of time, and thus is sort of forced to cooperate with randoms and casuals to get anywhere in the game. You will rarely find bad-mediocre players at level cap in Revelation, it's just too hard and time consuming for them to reach.
    I don't think a game should cater to one over the other. 'fukin casuls' make up for most of the community in many online games because the majority of people simply dont have a significant amount of time they can invest into a game. If you aim your entire game towards 'hardcore' players you'll end up with a relatively small playerbase. although often these types of games try to appeal to the casual community by bombarding their game with p2w elements so the casuals can catch up but I've yet to see this method succeed in an online game.

Deleted
    The majority of people I know, including myself, play it because the game does not spoonfeed people, not because of overly complex systems. This game does not cater towards casuals, which I find fantastic. Every second I play games like WoW without a guild/static group of players (random queues) drives me insane, casuals are a nightmare to any player who is above the avg in skill, maybe even top-tier & ''hardcore'' but isn't able to commit/invest such amounts of time, and thus is sort of forced to cooperate with randoms and casuals to get anywhere in the game. You will rarely find bad-mediocre players at level cap in Revelation, it's just too hard and time consuming for them to reach.
    Thats because anyone who enjoys a good experience leaves the trainwreck before it derails.

That right there is going to kill the game. Casuals make up most of pretty much every game out there. I'm fairly hardcore and dedicated when it comes to my hobbies like video games but even I know what you stated right there is a negative, not a positive.

Want people to like the game? Want people to play it? Want it to be popular or at least not have a dwindling player base? Then that last sentence shouldn't exist.

CBT3 up today. Well the Asian voice overs are gone. Wonder if they will do English voice overs or just leave it silent?