Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They made a mistake, it is not April the first.

April fools joke got released too soon.

Oh boy! More features I never wanted.

ok, i'l play the other side of the ballpark.
    there may be new people coming into wow, who uses facebook, think the age 30+ so middle age people, who has never played World of warcraft before, but has facebook and communicates with other people. This might be something THEY MIGHT be interested in or it might help people to go play world of warcraft, if they see their friend playing it.

I will test the feature see how well it works, when it goes live, if it works good I will continue to use it, just as I use the Twitter Integration.

For those who will crap on me, I will say this. Did I wish for this? no, did I wish for the Twitter integration? no, I did not. I was frustrated with it, because no new content was added. Hell i'm Frustrated with Blizzard, with the fact that they put STORY ELEMENTS INTO MYTHIC RAIDING. and before the "Get gud" yeh.. sorry I do not have the TIME or patiance to invest in Mythic Raiding, plus I do not wish to change a class every damn time, my Raid Leader told me to change, because I happen to play a Ret Paladin or some other forsaken spec. I play the Game for Fun, not to sit and calculate every single tiny weeping detail, about what i am doing wrong, on a fight.

lastly, no i'm not trying to White-knight blizzard, I've already fought with them, over several things mainly their complete and utter disregard for Roleplay over all, After all, World of Warcraft is a MMO-RPG.

but wat about mah myspace account? Thanks for nuffin, Blizz.

I'm hoping they make it backwards compatible with Myspace.

Blizzard:
    We have listened and heard how players are disappointed with the lack of content in WOD so we are proud to present
    Patch 6.3 Facebook Intergration

Patch notes
    Facebook is now useable in wow
    End of patch notes

Hope you enjoy this major new content!

Facebook, of all the social media sites to use?
    Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    《Insert whining or unrelated rant here》

I don't use Facebook, and never have, so this doesn't mean anything to me. The only way I'd get concerned is if guilds started requiring Facebook. The closest I have come to social media is a defunct tumblr account, abandoned after I discovered how user unfriendly it was.

*grabs pitchfork* Sigh, really, Blizzard?

Calling everyone playing WoW a dumb, cash fountain. Happily, I'm not in that wagon for almost three years. If people still insist on playing the shithole called WoW, then they should definitely be called dumbasses, morons etc.

In before someone loses their job because their boss watched them streaming WoW and being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by hellinter201 View Post
    Calling everyone playing WoW a dumb, cash fountain. Happily, I'm not in that wagon for almost three years. If people still insist on playing the shithole called WoW, then they should definitely be called dumbasses, morons etc.
    And yet here you are. Trolling a site dedicated to a game you don't even play anymore. Makes you wonder who the dumbass really is doesn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorne View Post
    In before someone loses their job because their boss watched them streaming WoW and being a dick.
    Then don't integrate, simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of the Real ID fiasco on the Blizzard forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon01 View Post
    This reminds me of the Real ID fiasco on the Blizzard forums.
    Isn't it a 'hidden' Real-ID when you integrate the two things in one?

Whatever,i don't use Facebook.

Patch 7.1 confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidPerson View Post
    Facebook: "Hey Blizzard? Hi there. How about this brilliance; we partner up, just like we did with other services such as Google/YouTube, Microsoft, PayPal, eBay etc, and give you a ton of money. Wouldn't that be awesome? You're not an idiot, so you can obviously tell that it is nothing but a business model, allowing us to collect and cross-reference even more data on people, which we sell to all these businesses right over there in that big pile of fake over there. They love it, we make a fortune, and people are too dumb to realize that our neat little service is selling them as the product. It never gets old. The scrubs think that they are enjoying the product. But they ARE the product. So good."

Mike: "Ehm, but ehm.."

Facebook: "Sorry Mike, I do not understand one word of Gnomish. But I'm guessing that you're questioning whether people will let us have all that info for free. All willingly and shit. but don't you worry my little friend. We'll just pull the classic 'screw you' and mask our agenda behind what can easily be perceived as something useful and wanted by the community at large. We'll have them think that we're doing them a freaking favor. Just you watch the idiots fall in line and praise this trick.

Mike: "/cheer" "/dance"
    This is closest to the truth than any of the other comments in this thread so far. I use Facebook, but I put in the minimum amount of info possible, don't post photos, don't click links, or use any of their "services" beyond staying in touch with extended family and friends. I know the cost of that minimal data is it being sold on the open market. I'm okay with that - for now. Same for Google. As long as this is optional, I'm fine with it. But don't expect me to click on "Share your achievement in Diablo 3 on Facebook and get a free vanity item!" or any nonsense like that. That's why they have never gotten my real email, or why I refuse to put my phone number in there. Because fuck them - You want my phone number? I'm gonna need a little bit more of a payoff than contacting my aunts and getting flooded with "Click here and be amazed at what happens next!" click bait. You want your app on my phone? What do I get for that? I don't *need* Facebook when I'm not home - or any other time. Fuck off. My phone is FB free, and always will be. They don't tap dance for me hard enough to do it.

If you're okay with Facebook's "share your life - so we can sell it to the top bidders!" business model, more power to you. I like to fuck with them, and feed them bad data, because I can.

As long as this is optional, whatever. I'll never touch it. But the second it's required is the last second I ever play a Blizzard game again, until it's removed.

I'm not paranoid, I just loathe Big Data's methods of getting their raw materials for free. You want my life, my shopping patterns, any of that? You gotta tap dance a little harder, guys. I'm not a cheap date.

Facebook decided they first wanted to test the Garrison table minigame, since everyone loved it so much they are going a step further! And this is that, the next step is to make you play WoW ON facebook! /gasp

Facebook's tracking and information gathering is so fucking ugly and shady.