... LastLast
    Leaving voluntarily
    Mmmmhm

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no Blizzard is dieing!

xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNeverLucky View Post
    Beware, people saying "Blizzard is doomed" in 3.. 2.. 1....
    Its quite the opposite. I think with Jay's departure Blizzard games might become better again.

Well it was his idea to put the auction house in D3.

So as far as I'm concerned: "fuck that loser" and good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Meh, i guess people don't understand the concept of that Blizzard Teams develop games, not a singular person.
    No, they do not. Same thing happened with Ghostcrawler, people bitched about him and now that he is gone you get threads asking for him to return.

Destroyed everything he touched.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I don't know what he did exactly nor I think what he said is that terrible, there's persons saying worse things here, and everywhere too, we're all humans, but I wonder if this will make some people think the game got better even though the game would be close to what it would be with Jay

Quote Originally Posted by ausciswhitemale View Post
    Destroyed everything he touched.
    I assume you've been by his side for all his life if you can make such an offhanded statement. God beware anyone here would dare to judge without knowing.

Seriously, it's just a man changing his job. Nothing more, nothing less. People do this stuff, get over it.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

While he was only one person on the team, he was a project leader. Thus his direction influences the entire game.

I think this is reflected in the fact that shortly after he left D3 the game rapidly improved under a new lead designer.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotVanish View Post
    Are you trying to compare Jay to cancer and Blizzard to... something that can get cancer?
    That's actually a remarkably accurate comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    He can be the nicest guy in the world, but on the game development level he sucks and is an ass.
    Is that so? Do you work for Blizzard, did you see him in meetings? Did you catch up with him over a watercooler and discuss game design? Did you have to debug his code?

You know Diablo 3 wasn't one guy's game right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Is that so? Do you work for Blizzard, did you see him in meetings? Did you catch up with him over a watercooler and discuss game design? Did you have to debug his code?

You know Diablo 3 wasn't one guy's game right?
    And you know that a director/project manager has a tad more power than the guy writing the quest text right? JW was flat out responsible for the Auction House and the loot system that followed as well as other crap like non-random fixed maps, didn't take that long after his departure for that bullshit to get scrapped.

YES! At long last!!!

After fucking up D3, he tried to fuck up Legion with RNG, now he's leaving Blizzard, awesome! It's such a great news for today. :-)

JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE on jay .....

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    OK he left the building. Thing is, will his legacy and work done for Legion is gone too or will it torment us till next expansion?

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    And you know that a director/project manager has a tad more power than the guy writing the quest text right? JW was flat out responsible for the Auction House and the loot system that followed as well as other crap like non-random fixed maps, didn't take that long after his departure for that bullshit to get scrapped.

Not to mention As I recalled it, he was told repeatedly by many in the gaming community they didn't like/want a majority of those ideas and he just brushed them off repeatedly as minor and inconsequential.

Deleted
    Ain't he the guy that called his coworker, quote "Fuck that loser" end quote, back in 2012?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    YES! At long last!!!

After fucking up D3, he tried to fuck up Legion with RNG, now he's leaving Blizzard, awesome! It's such a great news for today. :-)
    He already did it, man. Legion is basically Diablo 3 from third person camera angle and sub fee attached to it. With the biggest ability pruning ever youd be better off playing diablo, your character will use roughly the same ammount of abiilities and do the same content, adventure modes, rifts, etc.

Yeah, fuck this guy. Mind my french. I was there for Hellgate: London and saw the potential that game had at the time. I was there for vanilla D3 and the whole real money auction house, and I was there for Warlords of Draenor, arguably the worst expansion in World of Warcraft's history. I'm glad this guy is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The guy was behind the RMAH and the game design being worked around that, that's good enough for me to pop a big bottle of champagne to see him go. I guess it's no major coincidence that the WoW token popped up soon after he joined the WoW team.
    I really doubt the RMAH was developed and implementation d by one guy. I'm guessing there was a lot of discussion with Blizzard's upper-management and possibly the expansion cu over at the parent-company (still Vivendi at that time?) Besides, if you ignored the AHs they wouldn't have much of an effect on your game. There was some talk about drop-rates adjusted to account for the other source of gear, but it didn't make the game unplayable or anything.