Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye bye, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Judas Priest what junior conspiracy theorist made that infographic?
    That actually happened, it's not a conspiracy. Stop using a term you don't understand to sound smart.

Deleted
    inb4 new author of the Blizz novels

Hallelujah!

First, Diablo3's combat and visceral feel are quite good. When Jay Wilson spoke of that game, he often commented on those successful attributes. That was his passion and he delivered on those parts. Second, he tried to direct the creation of an Online RPG in an era of MMORPG. Maybe Blizzard needed to step it up and go MMO, or at least change the scope and focus on the overall game. That's another subject.

When it comes to WoW, many of the Diablo-like aspects of Legion are spoke of in positive ways. And if Legion is in anyway better than Warlords, what do you think we should attribute that to? Maybe, in part, the guy who just walked out the building.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    In Ghostcrawler's defense, the game got massively worse after he left.
    agree completely and I never thought I would ever say that

Whats the difference between Titan and Duke Nuk'em? Duke got released.

I can guarantee half the people who jumped to Breviks defense had 0 fucking clue who he was until that "Fuck that loser" comment. Typical jumping on the bandwagon attitude.

Deleted
    Yesterday I genuinely was wondering if he was being sideliened/forced out or whatever, the class design was very Diablo 3-esque (supposedly, his influence) in the alpha but has been moving steadily away from that as more builds come out.

Blizzard is headed into a fresh new direction. Good luck to you Jay.

I never liked him that much, seemed extremely arrogant and vanilla D3 was pretty bad.

Honestly, He's probably the reason WoW has been having so much Diablo esque legendaries and item design, I know they have been bringing over Diablo team members recently too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I can guarantee half the people who jumped to Breviks defense had 0 fucking clue who he was until that "Fuck that loser" comment. Typical jumping on the bandwagon attitude.
    So people can't dislike him and will be dismissed as bandwagoners? He's childish and shouldn't have been the head of the diablo team.

Deleted
    Wouldn't be surprised he actually got fired instead, and to prevent a shitstorm, they all just say he left to work on writing a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post

I never liked him that much, seemed extremely arrogant and vanilla D3 was pretty bad.

Honestly, He's probably the reason WoW has been having so much Diablo esque legendaries and item design, I know they have been bringing over Diablo team members recently too.

- - - Updated - - -

So people can't dislike him and will be dismissed as bandwagoners? He's childish and shouldn't have been the head of the diablo team.
    Oh no I just meant I guarantee a lot of the people jumping to attack him after that comment had 0 fucking clue who Brevik was. Also despite Vanilla d3 being garbage I doubt he was the sole reason like all the morons throwing about how WoD was his fault alone.

He said it best himself - fuck that loser. Honestly though, he was not good at his work. Not going to miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised he actually got fired instead, and to prevent a shitstorm, they all just say he left to work on writing a book.

Thats usually how company firings go I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The number of times I've seen this said... I swear blizz employees must be the dumbest people to abandon the "Sinking ship".

Everyone remember when Ghostcrawler jumped ship because WoW was going to die and not have an expac after MoP at all?
    I'm confused what you're trying to argue here. GC jumped ship at the end of WoD's development. A lot of people said he saw how shit WoD was and wanted out. Looking back at the turd of WoD it would appear that was the case and he made the right decision.

staff turnover seems to be on the rise, I wonder if these people are indeed "leaving" or being (forced to) "Leave". They seems to be recruiting in pretty much every developmental area -
    • Art & Animation
    • Design
    • Engineering
    • Production
    • Operations

According to their website.

I guess there has been a behind the scenes reshuffle going on, a fair few people have "left" over the last year or two and they've been recruiting more than ever at the same time. All for the better IMO, there's no denying wow has been in decline for some time, reshuffling the development team would probably greatly help.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh no I just meant I guarantee a lot of the people jumping to attack him after that comment had 0 fucking clue who Brevik was.
    Oh my bad, I didn't mean to come off as an ass. Sorry about that. I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Oh my bad, I didn't mean to come off as an ass. Sorry about that. I agree.
    Oh don't worry about it this thread is gonna get heated. But like I said above I wouldn't personally attribute the state of Vanilla d3 to him alone. Same with people who say WoD is his fault.

Looks like the haters will have to pick someone new to hate. Who are we going to blame for ruining the world (of warcraft) now? There must always be a scapegoat.