Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    ok think about it this way
    as a solider in an army you will not be accepted unless you are full grown up adult to join their ranks.
    -----------------
    on side note I was searching and 12 years old is growing up orc
    that only applies to real world, in wow who knows you could be a adult at 12, also how do you know you arnt like 1 day old and was magically aged like garona?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    that only applies to real world, in wow who knows you could be a adult at 12, also how do you know you arnt like 1 day old and was magically aged like garona?
    Because that isnt allowed in the new Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because that isnt allowed in the new Horde.
    how do you know! voljin seems like he would be too high to bother enforcing child labor laws

Deleted
    This is more of a RP related Question. But yes, you have to be mindful (if you actually want to RP), what your character has actually done and what he/she actually knows about. If he/she isn't a nightelf, he/she probably doesn't care that much about the War of the Ancients for example. Or why the Horde had to invade Azeroth.
    Some might - most probably wont even care enough about it.
    Same with history. Just think about how many people in the world (the real one that is) actually care about History. It is save to say, that about that many would care about history in the World of Warcraft (not that many).
    And depending on your class/role you play, you can also assume some .. biases or opinions that the character actually cares more about than to learn something about the world he/she is in.
    Warcraft is a world of suffering and hardship. So most people wont even be that educated.

TL;DR: This is in essence a RP Question. Most characters are fairly stupid and probably don't really care that much about history. Long lived races may pose an exeption of that rule.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    This is more of a RP related Question. But yes, you have to be mindful (if you actually want to RP), what your character has actually done and what he/she actually knows about. If he/she isn't a nightelf, he/she probably doesn't care that much about the War of the Ancients for example. Or why the Horde had to invade Azeroth.
    Some might - most probably wont even care enough about it.
    Same with history. Just think about how many people in the world (the real one that is) actually care about History. It is save to say, that about that many would care about history in the World of Warcraft (not that many).
    And depending on your class/role you play, you can also assume some .. biases or opinions that the character actually cares more about than to learn something about the world he/she is in.
    Warcraft is a world of suffering and hardship. So most people wont even be that educated.

TL;DR: This is in essence a RP Question. Most characters are fairly stupid and probably don't really care that much about history. Long lived races may pose an exeption of that rule.
    If he/she isn't a nightelf, he/she probably doesn't care that much about the War of the Ancients for example.

Tauren, Night elves, Blood elves, High elves, all were part of the war.

7+ Year Old Account
    fair enough, think about it this way then
    - as Spell-caster "mage" you need to learn in schools in dalaran to be recognize as one also lore wise the Warlocks are former mages or "adults" who can understand the Fel-magic
    - as Shaman you need years of training to communicate with the elements , same goes for Druid to communicate with Nature.
    - as Rogue you need to be accepted to the league of Shadows "horde", or the league of Assassin "Alliance"
    - as Warriors - Paladin you need to be full grown up to weald a weapon, same goes to DK and DH
    - as Priest you either need to Fully aware of the light in Church " Alliance", of join the Cult of forgotten shadows " forsaken", or become Sunweaver/blood knight who are former Warriors " mostly".
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    how do you know! voljin seems like he would be too high to bother enforcing child labor laws
    Children's day is a thing in the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    fair enough, think about it this way then
    - as Spell-caster "mage" you need to learn in schools in dalaran to be recognize as one also lore wise the Warlocks are former mages or "adults" who can understand the Fel-magic
    - as Shaman you need years of training to communicate with the elements , same goes for Druid to communicate with Nature.
    - as Rogue you need to be accepted to the league of Shadows "horde", or the league of Assassin "Alliance"
    - as Warriors - Paladin you need to be full grown up to weald a weapon, same goes to DK and DH
    - as Priest you either need to Fully aware of the light in Church " Alliance", of join the Cult of forgotten shadows " forsaken", or become Sunweaver/blood knight who are former Warriors " mostly".
    mages dont allways go to dalaran to be so

Orc warlocks were shamans, where others were mages

both could be trained from quite younge, malfurion started early early on
    to just be a rogue... no you dont really >_> just need to be a theif...
    arthas was in his late teens when he became a "honorary paladin"
    Anduin was 10 when he became a priest

7+ Year Old Account
    If he/she isn't a nightelf, he/she probably doesn't care that much about the War of the Ancients for example.

Tauren doesn't live that long, and they don't Write documented history.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Children's day is a thing in the Horde.
    yeah, sending children into dangerous raids and pvp battlegrounds! forcing them to run along side people on their mounts

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren doesn't live that long, and they don't Write documented history.
    guess you havent played/read legion highmountain ;3

Deleted

Jesus Christ, do I have to list everything for an example?

Not to mention High-/Bloodelves were all Nightelves back then. Tauren aren't that long lived.

But sure. Nitpick away.

7+ Year Old Account
    mages dont allways go to dalaran to be so

Orc warlocks were shamans, where others were mages

both could be trained from quite younge, malfurion started early early on
    to just be a rogue... no you dont really >_> just need to be a theif...
    arthas was in his late teens when he became a "honorary paladin"
    Anduin was 10 when he became a priest
    - Antonidas, mentioned before he dies (in-game book) that his own student was studying the Fel-magic and becoming more and more warlocks than mages, and he forbidden any mage In Dalaran to study the Fel-magic, also necromancy.
    - most mages had to go to Dalaran, and even if you didn't study in dalaran to become a mage " like Horde mages" you needed to be accepted in Dalaran city in WOTLK.
    - Anduin is one Case of hero not all Priest can Achieve what he become in early age.
    - Warlock can come from any back-ground, but most Warlocks were mages.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention High-/Bloodelves were all Nightelves back then. Tauren aren't that long lived.

But sure. Nitpick away.
    and no one in the main char of High-/Bloodelves remember the War of the Ancient, which suggest that all High-/Bloodelves who were alive back then died.

7+ Year Old Account

But sure. Nitpick away.
    read up on highmountain

7+ Year Old Account

guess you havent played/read legion highmountain ;3
    no I didn't
    but the Horde Tauren doesn't have Written data

7+ Year Old Account
    - Antonidas, mentioned before he dies (in-game book) that his own student was studying the Fel-magic and becoming more and more warlocks than mages, and he forbidden any mage In Dalaran to study the Fel-magic, also necromancy.
    - most mages had to go to Dalaran, and even if you didn't study in dalaran to become a mage " like Horde mages" you needed to be accepted in Dalaran city in WOTLK.
    - Anduin is one Case of hero not all Priest can Achieve what he become in early age.
    - Warlock can come from any back-ground, but most Warlocks were mages.

- - - Updated - - -

and no one in the main char of High-/Bloodelves remember the War of the Ancient, which suggest that all High-/Bloodelves who were alive back then died.
    yeah... as i said orc shamans became warlocks, but for the other races it was mages, but also not all mages whent to dalaran

also no the first warlocks and most warlocks were from shamans, as allmost all shamans on draenor changed to locks

and velen also became a priest early in his life

Deleted
    read up on highmountain
    I am still waiting for your point. I was talking to the OP and you started to nitpick. Nobody cares about highmountain right now. The question was:
    "What do the characters know vs. what we know?"

I brought up some examples. And no, not every Tauren has/had access to some highmountain script or whatever. If they don't really care about the History they wont read up on it.
    Like I said - most people don't care. They would care even less if they lived in a world like Azeroth where you can literally be cooked by some oversized dragon any day.

This is a RP Question. Try to understand RP before you lecture me about lore. Because the two are related but not the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah... as i said orc shamans became warlocks, but for the other races it was mages, but also not all mages whent to dalaran

also no the first warlocks and most warlocks were from shamans, as allmost all shamans on draenor changed to locks

and velen also became a priest early in his life
    Early Age for Dreane is like 1000 years old or something
    Velen is the most aged Mortal Char in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

I am still waiting for your point. I was talking to the OP and you started to nitpick. Nobody cares about highmountain right now. The question was:
    "What do the characters know vs. what we know?"

I brought up some examples. And no, not every Tauren has/had access to some highmountain script or whatever. If they don't really care about the History they wont read up on it.
    Like I said - most people don't care. They would care even less if they lived in a world like Azeroth where you can literally be cooked by some oversized dragon any day.

This is a RP Question. Try to understand RP before you lecture me about lore. Because the two are related but not the same.
    maybe I should add this question to RP forums

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Jesus Henry Christ. There is a lot of unwarranted bickering going on in this thread. And whether some of you mean it or not, some of your replies come off argumentative, and even abrasive. Maybe dial back a little bit of the ego. It's just a conversation. Someone asked a question and you can either share your personal opinion on the matter, or move on. Posting like a bull in a china shop just makes you look arrogant.

And someone posting their personal opinion doesn't make them wrong because they don't see eye to eye with you. They may have some incorrect info, or are misguided... but you don't need to get preachy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first warlocks were eredar, who started off as sorcerers. The majority of their race turned. Orc shaman didn't number very high, they were a small caste within orc society. And orcs sucked at being warlocks.
    Born of the Eredar race, warlocks are absolutely corrupt and unimaginably powerful. Their chaos magics have burnt out whole worlds and annihilated countless species over the aeons. Kil'jaeden taught the orcs the secrets of warlock magics, but the orcs could never master the powers of entropy and destruction as well as the wicked Eredar. Under Archimonde's command, the warlocks serve as the Legion's tacticians and strategists.
    --WC3 Manual

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The first warlocks were eredar, who started off as sorcerers. The majority of their race turned. Orc shaman didn't number very high, they were a small caste within orc society. And orcs sucked at being warlocks.
    Born of the Eredar race, warlocks are absolutely corrupt and unimaginably powerful. Their chaos magics have burnt out whole worlds and annihilated countless species over the aeons. Kil'jaeden taught the orcs the secrets of warlock magics, but the orcs could never master the powers of entropy and destruction as well as the wicked Eredar. Under Archimonde's command, the warlocks serve as the Legion's tacticians and strategists.
    --WC3 Manual
    Gul'dan would like to talk to you