Poll: Bernie Supporters, who will you vote for?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Either not voting or voting for Hillary on a "lesser of two evils...I hope" basis.

Honestly, as a democrat both Hillary and Trump are despicable candidates to me, so at that point it's more on the grounds of which candidate I think will fuck up the country least. Trump was very much independent before he realized, at least as I saw it, that he had to play to the support of his party's most common denominator; the fearmongering and the traditionalist. He knew that this wouldn't break the opinion of the younger audiences while also gaining the support of the older, because frankly the younger people voting for him aren't necessarily voting for his policies at all and they may not even realize it. They're voting for a celebrity name.

Hillary has policies that line up more with mine though, and I don't necessarily think she'll piss off our allies or ruin trade with other countries. Trump will undoubtedly have enemies on the inside and outside of the country, whereas Hillary with have none; her time in office will be plain and sterile. But we can't ignore facts and frankly Hillary is a nightmare when it comes to hard facts; she jumps on popular opinion bandwagons, she lies and downplays and she also has admitted to repeatedly making mistakes on matters and changing her views later.
    And yes, I know, someone's opinion changing as time goes on isn't something to crucify a person for...but should we not expect far more out of a president than a current-rider? Bernie was supporting rights for essentially everyone back when an opinion like that gained him no friends, and many enemies. Go take a cursory look at his past; he's been a trendsetter his entire life in the political field and even predicted the outcome of the US's war on the middle east perfectly. Hillary represents perfectly why Bernie was so notable; they represent the difference between someone who thinks about what is right and best for the people they govern, and what will get them the most support among their peers. Hillary is shady and underhanded and Bernie genuinely gives a shit about the people he has power over, regardless of who they are.

So in short...probably nobody, to be frank. They're both shit candidates and proved to me how much the US is floundering, and how masterfully the government somehow manages to put itself into this "lesser of two evils" spot at any cost. If nothing else comes out of this, whoever wins I'm pretty damn sure US citizens will have four years to consider how hard they fucked up if Trump is in office, but with Hillary I think she may come and go through an eight year term thoughtlessly, without any kind of change in our current course. So which is better? Safe sterility, or chaos? Because that's pretty much what the vote comes down to.

I'll either write in Sanders or Rand Paul. Those were the only two worthwhile candidates from this election cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There's a noticeable moral difference between voting for who you think is best and voting for intentional negative consequences.

Or as you wrote "let it all burn".
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't democratic.

And yes, let it all burn. Then something decent can rise from the ashes.

The people were too stupid to vote for Bernie so they fully deserve this.

Super Delegates just respect their local popular vote. And its not like Clinton is the one trying to use them to win.
    No, they don't. They vote for who they want. That's why some states where Bernie won the popular vote Clinton ended up with the same(or more) # of delegates as Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post

So you're using your vote to punish people for disagreeing with you?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No one believes for even a second that these "bernieorbust" children would be ok with Clinton supporters pulling this shit.
    Ha, do as thou will. Bernie has said votes must be earned. What is Clinton going to do to earn those votes. After all, many of them aren't really Democrats, so what loyalty can people not loyal to a party expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    No, they don't. They vote for who they want. That's why some states where Bernie won the popular vote Clinton ended up with the same(or more) # of delegates as Bernie.
    Delegates and super delegates aren't the same thing and Clinton still won the popular vote by several million people.

Deleted
    Super Delegates just respect their local popular vote.
    No they don't. They pledged before voting even started.

No they don't. They pledged before voting even started.
    Just so we're clear here, you have a problem with Super Delegates yes?

Deleted
    So you're using your vote to punish people for disagreeing with you?
    They punished themselves by not voting for Bernie.

- - - Updated - - -

Just so we're clear here, you have a problem with Super Delegates yes?
    Just make your point if you have one.

They punished themselves by not voting for Bernie.
    You're evading.

Delegates and super delegates aren't the same thing and Clinton still won the popular vote by several million people.
    All the sources claiming that Clinton has won are using super delegates in their numbers. The National Democratic Convention even told them this, but the media insists on still spouting that Clinton won.

Clinton hasn't won yet. Super Delegates don't actually vote until July 25th. She has not gotten the requisite number of delegates without super delegates counted yet.

7+ Year Old Account

Living in California there is the lesson of the forest fire. Sure you can work to prevent any and all fires. But overtime a forest grows sick with debris and clutter. Eventually that forest will burst into a raging inferno one day if not allowed to burn.

Look at the Butte fire, or the Rim Fire, in a lot of ways our situation is like a forest overgrown and cluttered with debris. Do we let a fire burn now? Or wait? Maybe this will be an out of control inferno? Maybe the next one will be. Eventually the forest will be on fire. I understand the logic of waiting but every delay means the inevitable fire will be that much more intense.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Just make your point if you have one.
    If you really think super delegates are a bad thing then you should demand Sanders drop out with equal fervor, as they're his only path to the nomination.

Deleted
    If you really think super delegates are a bad thing then you should demand Sanders drop out with equal fervor, as they're his only path to the nomination.
    Superdelegates are bad but Hillary is worse. Lesser of two evils.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Living in California there is the lesson of the forest fire. Sure you can work to prevent any and all fires. But overtime a forest grows sick with debris and clutter. Eventually that forest will burst into a raging inferno one day if not allowed to burn.

Look at the Butte fire, or the Rim Fire, in a lot of ways our situation is like a forest overgrown and cluttered with debris. Do we let a fire burn now? Or wait? Maybe this will be an out of control inferno? Maybe the next one will be. Eventually the forest will be on fire. I understand the logic of waiting but every delay means the inevitable fire will be that much more intense.
    This man is on to something.

Superdelegates are bad but Hillary is worse. Lesser of two evils.
    As there's no actual metric to measure comparative harm all you're really doing here is saying that its ok when your guy does it.

Bernie or Trump, I'd rather another shitty president than besmirch the good name of Women everywhere and ruin the chances of a good female president in the future.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

But Hillary has already committed war crimes.
    Funny how almost everyone else that is more proficient in that subject disagrees with you.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Funny how almost everyone else that is more proficient in that subject disagrees with you.
    Funny how you pulled that fact right out of your ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    Indeed. I am not a Democrat, though I typically vote for them given that they're the best choice on offer in many races. The actions of the DNC and Democrat voters have made it clear that I'm not welcome with them unless I do exactly as they say, as if they own my vote. I especially despise the attempts to shame or bully people into voting their way, this thread is full of that.

When Clinton loses in the general it will not be anyone's fault other than the DNC for staunchly supporting a flawed candidate that could not bring in the independents.
    That is probably the worst of it, the gall and entitlement that my vote is owe to them, like I bent the new and proclaimed the DNC my King or something.

If the DNC wants my vote, they have to earn it.