Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done it before. I was 14 walking to the corner store when a pitbull mix grabbed my arm and pulled my down. I was able to get on top and punched in the face and stomach her till she let go and ran off whimpering. I was unharmed but my bubble coat was finished. I was scared shitless for a second then I got really pissed...if she didn't leg go of my arm I was going to beat the dog to death...

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Killer dogs are trained to go for the throat.
    no pedestrian on the street has a killer dog. I am not going to start a discussion a rottweiler lovers, but I have already KO ed one rottweiler. I don't give a shit. No dog can attack directly to my neck. Especially from front, when I am aware. I am the boss now take away your pesky rottweiler.

And I attack to kill at that moment, not to fend off. I admit I am a murderer in that sense.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I was thinking the other way. Holding it open. Or pulling his bottom jaw so far down it snaps.
    Not going to happen. A dog's jaw has much stronger closing power than opening power. You can win the struggle of holding it closed, you are not going to win holding it open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I broke my arm trying to dunk a basketball. I didn't even realize it was broke until like 15 seconds later, when I saw it flapping around.
    You're confusing shock with adrenaline.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2016-06-07 at 03:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Not going to happen. A dog's jaw has much stronger closing power than opening power. You can win the struggle of holding it closed, you are not going to win holding it open.
    Actually, the proper way to get something from a dog when it doesn't want to let it go is to squeeze it's jaws so that you push your fingers (and it's cheecks) between it's molars. That forces it's jaws open quite easily.

If you jam your arm as deep as you can in it's mouth so that you stop it from biting, it can't do shit. Then it's no problem to snap it's neck if it's a smaller dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got lucky but I never leave home without some kind of pocket knife since then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Reported to peta
    I live in a city where they roam in packs of 30 or more......I heard stories of a pack tearing kids apart.

Unless you have some super martial arts training and manage to kick it before it sinks it's teeth into you you won't get away unscathed. Depending on where it gets you you have a chance to wrangle it down and defeat it, that is unless it gets you by the neck (front) or face. Would also depend on the size. The cow like giant dogs are probably not possible to wrangle down given their own weight and build. I'm confident I could crush a pit bull with my weight though, not that I'm eager to get my arm torn to shred in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Unless you're armed...you will probably not have much luck fighting off something like a pitbull.
    Not true in the slightest. You need to know how to maneuver a dog if it gets aggressive. Firstly showing fear enables it, as they feed off it. Secondly all dogs have a skin patch, that is insanely sensitive to pain, with no fur by their back legs. The goal is to get it on it's back and keep it on it's back while you grab that skin patch and let the dog know you could kill it that second if you so wished. The problem with most people is they don't know how to get the dog on it's back to get to this skin patch. I'm not saying you'd get out unharmed as you would most likely get bitten, but you can get out of it if you know what you're doing.

Lastly, and this is directed at the OP @Kapadons....Two of the three breeds he listed aren't naturally aggressive. They are taught aggression. Jack Russels are naturally aggressive dogs, as are most small breeds but nobody reports them because they're "small and cute".

Signed,

A professional dog trainer

Absolutely. Create a fist and shove it down the dogs throat. You'll obviously get cut up a bit, but you'll choke the dog to death

Deleted
    A grown human have a huge physical advantage over most dogs. We're stronger than them, heavier, taller, more agile and smarter. A dog can only use one part of its body to cause serious damage. A human can punch, kick, stomp, crush, grip, tear and even bite in a pinch. Furthermore we can do several of these things simultaneously. And once that adrenaline kicks in... Well, I can't imagine it's even a fair fight. But I don't know. Physically it's absolutely no problem but perhaps you'd end up freezing, panicking and so on. Mistakes like that is the only way I can see myself getting killed by a lone dog and you don't know how you'll react until you're in that situation.

Deleted
    Leonardo fought off a bear. I'm sure a dog should be no problem.

I've been practicing this move just in case the day might come:

Quote Originally Posted by NotVanish View Post
    I've been practicing this move just in case the day might come:

I lol'd

/10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on your physical shape, martial experience and conditioning. I'm pretty sure I could fight off an attack of even a large dog... However, if for some reason I failed to focus on the combat and panicked, then a large dog would probably beat me easily, since I wouldn't have any control over what I'm doing. But then, the dog could have panicked as well, so I guess that evens it out.

A bear or a wild wolf though... Hell no, I would be dead meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Truth is dogs are not very good individual fighters. Their strength has always been in a pack. That's why wolves become cowardly scavengers when they are alone. Sure we train attack dogs, but that's because 90% of the population flail like girls as soon as a dog bites. It wouldn't be that useful of a talent, but if someone in martial arts wanted to train themselves to kill a dog, they would find themselves with plenty of advantages compared to a K9.

How do mods allow this? Like seriously i get banned for a month and a half for posted a video twice on two different threads and this is allowed?
    Cause this is about self defense. I'm not promoting animal abuse. I'm giving information on how to survive a dog attack (people have survived this way).

INB4 someone mentions sexism

- - - Updated - - -

I guess i am salty about how the mods hate me...
    You are just a ray of sunshine. Been a real treat having you "contribute" to this thread.

Deleted
    Then again, if you come across a Kangal, say your prayers.

Granted, they're not exactly all that big, but still.

Bred to kill wolves and other predatory animals. Used in Africa with big cats and so on.

Yes once...

I drove my fingers into its eyes and limped away as it was thrashing about blind.

Not the best childhood memory.