Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    "Small time" surely shows how far gone you are in this whole debate.

And the discussion hasn't died down. People are waiting for the Nostalrius team to make a post about their meeting with Blizzard.
    When they should be celebrating and preparing for the imminent launch on legacy servers. Didn't happen.

It was now or never.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    What is there to sustain the hype? Until its announced i wouldnt expect to see much
    Yea exactly. No matter how much you want something, after 2 months of constantly screaming "I want it I want it I want it" you get tired. It doesn't mean that you no longer want it, just that you're kind of tired of screaming into an abyss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaddon View Post
    Nostalrius have already had their meeting with Blizzard and are flying home; they said they had fun and the news was good.
    This is the quote from twitter that was linked:

The meeting with Blizzard went well!
    Mike Morhaime, some people from the wow dev team were there, as well as a few community managers.

We all had a great time during this 5 hour meeting. They are all genuinely passionate about vanilla WoW, and completely understand you guys.

We had worked on this presentation, on the survey, post mortem... for months, and worked the whole last week together to prepare it.

We are all flying home now, and want to take the time to make the best recap for you next week.

Thank you for your support, you are a truly amazing community.

It's early and I haven't finished my coffee yet, but where in there does it say about good news?

I highlighted in Bold and Underlined words that this thread does not debate the topic of implementation. I am discussing the topic of peoples sustainability to care about a topic that seemed to be a very high priority a month ago and has since been basically forgotten about. Which leads me to believe it may not have been that important of a topic to people in the first place, it was just another thing to complain about due to content drought.
    Only you seem to think and repeat the word "forgotten."

It isn't.

This whole thread just appears like a whole "subtle" shit talk about other people's opinion, how "unimportant" and "forgotten" it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    "Small time" surely shows how far gone you are in this whole debate.

And the discussion hasn't died down. People are waiting for the Nostalrius team to make a post about their meeting with Blizzard.
    Small time is quite accurate however. Everquest is a game very dear to me for the time I played it. However, I recognize that it was a very small game that I do not even believe broke 1 million players at its peak. Compared to WoW's numbers of any era it is small time in comparison. There shouldn't be a debate over that. Many MMOs are much larger than EQ was though I will agree not many had much of an impact compared to EQ.

The discussion has died down though, people that were hyping it moved on to other things, the youtubers/twitch streamers that were vocal about it didn't stay vocal about it for long.

Im pretty sure that Legion will be the last nail in the coffin of this Twitch bandwagon

7+ Year Old Account
    Obvious answer is obvious... People care but they have no news, so they should keep circle jerking and repeating the same thing over and over. When more info is available the conversation will start again.

Deleted
    It was only about a month ago, Nostalrius and vanilla servers was the topic raging in every corner of social media only to disappear to some unsightly corner of the internet and peoples minds. Did Blizzard drag this whole 'meeting' thing out long enough for us to stop giving a shit and find something else to focus and complain about while this topic quietly sank to the icy depths of the fucksgiven ocean? Who knows.

Nostalrius have already had their meeting with Blizzard and are flying home; they said they had fun and the news was good. Now when they say that do they mean they had a great time being shown around on campus and then told all the reasons blizzard isn't going to release a pure vanilla server? Who knows maybe.

I'm not an advocate for either side of this debate. Would I like to see legacy expansion servers? Sure that would be neat. Are there technical and logical issues to take into consideration when doing this? Definitely. Would I go to the floor kicking and screaming if Blizzard had denied us these legacy servers? I'd like to think I wouldn't and I'd like to make it clear This thread is not about the creation of vanilla servers, it is a question of just how much people take this topic to heart.

I tend to see a Nostalrius thread maybe here and there, usually the old ones from a month or two ago being bumped by the lone soul. It seems like a subject that was over talked about to the point where the thought of it just exhausted people. The multiple threads, polls, youtube videos, petitions all the waiting around for a meeting to occur and a straight answer. But we all know Blizzard are good at ducking and dodging like a trained fighter, I mean c'mon, Abbysal Maw raid, Farahlon etc. Announced and buried as quickly as a one direction album.

So just your thoughts and opinions, do you think this subject was purposefully dragged out to dispatch interest? was this just another bandwagon? do you still consider this to be a major high priority topic for Blizzard to address?
    Yup, Blizzard played it perfectly. They knew it was a bunch of people with pitchforks who would get tired and lose interest over time. A large portion of those complaining about private servers most likely didn't play on one before the drama, or didn't even know they existed, yet they made it seem like the end of the world. It's easy to get carried away with things you don't actually care that much about because everybody else is doing it, it's human nature to stick together.

I'm just glad it's all over and everybody has forgotten about it. After playing on Vanilla servers for about 4 months last year I got bored with the content I literally spent over 150 days on while it was live, that's just my experience though, maybe people who haven't played before would enjoy it more Vanilla WoW can R.I.P, just move on with our lives and find new games to play

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Obvious answer is obvious... People care but they have no news, so they should keep circle jerking and repeating the same thing over and over. When more info is available the conversation will start again.
    Circle jerking and creating new threads about it when there is already a mega thread that isn't seeing that much action.

It means they are professionally obligated to not talk about every single thing that was said and that Blizzard is busy as fuck and that you should just hold your horses.

It's not over until Blizzard says it is, and whatever they announce could be months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Yup, Blizzard played it perfectly. They knew it was a bunch of people with pitchforks who would get tired and lose interest over time. A large portion of those complaining about private servers most likely didn't play on one before the drama, or didn't even know they existed, yet they made it seem like the end of the world. It's easy to get carried away with things you don't actually care that much about because everybody else is doing it, it's human nature to stick together.

I'm just glad it's all over and everybody has forgotten about it. After playing on Vanilla servers for about 4 months last year I got bored with the content I literally spent over 150 days on while it was live, that's just my experience though, maybe people who haven't played before would enjoy it more Vanilla WoW can R.I.P, just move on with our lives and find new games to play
    You're in for a special treat, then.

They could easily implement classic servers, other games have proven its easily done. I dont believe for a second that they dont have each build archived
    You're an idiot, Blizzard, Mark Kern and Nost Begins have all agreed it would be very hard.

I don't think it was dragged out on purpose, but many things needed to be considered and it is to big a topic to just rush.
    I wonder why you say 'the hype died down'? Yes, there is little news, but for discussion the 'big' Nost tread on MMO-C is going on with >28000 post now.
    Besides, unlike retail, legacy players have stuff to do in-game, so maybe they are just playing on different servers which can't be mentioned but are easy enough to find.

Please keep your nostra/vanilla shit in the megathread please :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    You're an idiot, Blizzard, Mark Kern and Nost Begins have all agreed it would be very hard.
    except several private servers have done it with little to no gain to themselves for effort spent and lacking the wealth of experience a team like blizzard has, try again. Maybe be civil next time

except several private servers have done it with little to no gain to themselves for effort spent and lacking the wealth of experience a team like blizzard has, try again. Maybe be civil next time
    Blizzard wouldn't be content with the quality of a private server, esp. when they'd be charging people money for it. Try again.

It was only about a month ago, Nostalrius and vanilla servers was the topic raging in every corner of social media only to disappear to some unsightly corner of the internet and peoples minds. Did Blizzard drag this whole 'meeting' thing out long enough for us to stop giving a shit and find something else to focus and complain about while this topic quietly sank to the icy depths of the fucksgiven ocean? Who knows.

Nostalrius have already had their meeting with Blizzard and are flying home; they said they had fun and the news was good. Now when they say that do they mean they had a great time being shown around on campus and then told all the reasons blizzard isn't going to release a pure vanilla server? Who knows maybe.

I'm not an advocate for either side of this debate. Would I like to see legacy expansion servers? Sure that would be neat. Are there technical and logical issues to take into consideration when doing this? Definitely. Would I go to the floor kicking and screaming if Blizzard had denied us these legacy servers? I'd like to think I wouldn't and I'd like to make it clear This thread is not about the creation of vanilla servers, it is a question of just how much people take this topic to heart.

I tend to see a Nostalrius thread maybe here and there, usually the old ones from a month or two ago being bumped by the lone soul. It seems like a subject that was over talked about to the point where the thought of it just exhausted people. The multiple threads, polls, youtube videos, petitions all the waiting around for a meeting to occur and a straight answer. But we all know Blizzard are good at ducking and dodging like a trained fighter, I mean c'mon, Abbysal Maw raid, Farahlon etc. Announced and buried as quickly as a one direction album.

So just your thoughts and opinions, do you think this subject was purposefully dragged out to dispatch interest? was this just another bandwagon? do you still consider this to be a major high priority topic for Blizzard to address?
    Considering the sheer number of things Blizzard is responsible for getting accomplished on a weekly basis, I'm happy they were even willing to discuss the idea publicly. I never expected to get a response to begin with, much less information to be shared with community.

Theres a pretty forgotten megathread for legacy shit.

Mods need to shutdown this one (just like Nost people hopes)

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Small time is quite accurate however. Everquest is a game very dear to me for the time I played it. However, I recognize that it was a very small game that I do not even believe broke 1 million players at its peak.
    It didn't even break half a mil, the peak was 450k in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It didn't even break half a mil, the peak was 450k in 2003.
    Could have sworn it did a bit better than 450k but yeah I'm not really surprised if it was that low. Still for its time that was damned good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Blizzard wouldn't be content with the quality of a private server, esp. when they'd be charging people money for it. Try again.
    Oh come on! Running an emulator is TOTALLY the same thing that Blizz would do! wink wink!?

I still don't think people understand the difference.