Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Friends with Benefits

I am make assumption and have opinions without a plethora of scientific studies to back them up so be prepared.

How come men are much more open to friends with benefits than women. It seems like women place a ridicules amount of importance on being in a serious relationship before anything physical happens. To me it just feels like they are trying to trap me in their web of shit, which I wont be able to escape from, before they share their goodies with me. I just hate how women hold sex over men's heads and use it to control them to satisfy their wants and needs. If women claim that they are so independent and don't need a man, then why do they control them through sex to get whatever they want. According to their constant arguments about equality, they should be able to get all the shit they want on their own.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-06-07 at 07:48 PM.

So they're holding you hostage in a sense?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Nobody is obligated to sleep with you.

Deleted
    Evolutionally speaking: the most optimal survival strategy for a man (and thus the strategy that increases the chances of your genes being passed on) is to get as many women as he can pregnant, to increase the chance of a viable offspring surviving.
    On the other hand, since the woman can only get pregnant a maximum number of times, her optimal survival strategy is to get pregnant from 1 man who is really commited to her.

Hence the difference between the eagerness for sex that men and women have.

Besides that it doesn't help that there is a positive social connotation to a man that has sex with multiple different women (''player'') and a negative connotation to a woman who has sex with multiple different ment (''slut'').

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more inclined to treat this seriously if the OP didn't sound like a bitter guy who just got rejected.

Society. Biology. Pick one -- they both are forces into why men are more comfortable with casual sex than women.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    It seems like women place a ridicules amount of importance on being in a serious relationship before anything physical happens.
    It's not ridiculous just because you don't agree with it.

Differing social standards for men and women, also men are less likely to become attached via sex than women do due differing hormonal responses, Oxytocin response being one of those differences.

Come on, you knew at least part of the answer before making this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Nobody is obligated to sleep with you.
    I am not saying women are obligated to sleep with men. I am saying that most women are not open to sex outside of a serious relationship. They want the man to be trapped in a serious relationship before they do anything physical.

Deleted
    I am not saying women are obligated to sleep with men. I am saying that most women are not open to sex outside of a serious relationship. They want the man to be trapped in a serious relationship before they do anything physical.
    I wouldn't be open to it either, because for me, those two things belong together - and I don't think it's ridiculous or anything of the like. If you don't want to be "trapped" (lol) in a relationship, try to find someone who doesn't care about it.

Gay guys don't have this problem. I'm not gay but I assume.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Evolutionally speaking: the most optimal survival strategy for a man (and thus the strategy that increases the chances of your genes being passed on) is to get as many women as he can pregnant, to increase the chance of a viable offspring surviving.
    On the other hand, since the woman can only get pregnant a maximum number of times, her optimal survival strategy is to get pregnant from 1 man who is really commited to her.

Hence the difference between the eagerness for sex that men and women have.

Besides that it doesn't help that there is a positive social connotation to a man that has sex with multiple different women (''player'') and a negative connotation to a woman who has sex with multiple different ment (''slut'').
    Fuck, are we still operating by that archaic logic? There are tons of contraceptives today and even other options if a pregnancy still happens.

Your views on relationships are weird.

Some/many women do not want to do casual sex because they attach/bond through sex and do not want to get hurt. This is also true of some men.

Clearly you are not one of those people so you can date women who are game for casual sex, of which there are many. The end, have a nice day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'd be more inclined to treat this seriously if the OP didn't sound like a bitter guy who just got rejected.
    He definitely sounds like a bitter guy who just got rejected.

I wouldn't get involved in a friends with benefits situation. Someone would probably get attached and end up hurt and that someone is likely to be me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I wouldn't be open to it either, because for me, those two things belong together - and I don't think it's ridiculous or anything of the like. If you don't want to be "trapped" (lol) in a relationship, try to find someone who doesn't care about it.
    Get with the times it is 2016. Contraceptives are available over the counter and abortion clinics like planned parenthood help with abortion fees. Casual sex does not have the same consequences that it use to. Besides slut shaming, which I think is stupid, girls can be more promiscuous without as many repercussions. Get with the times and stop living in the caveman past.

Another option would be a flesh-light.

-- Capt. Copeland

I have a wife with Benefits :3

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post

tl;dr men need sex, women don't.
    Uh, that is not true at all. Everything you said about men can equally apply to women.

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    thats hot
    /10

Newsflash: Women cheat and fuck around more than men do.

Deleted
    Get with the times and stop living in the caveman past.
    I don't think what I (or anyone else for that matter) do(es) in this regard is any of your business. Not everyone has the same views on the matter, get over it.