Poll: What do you think?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    The entire point of the heirlooms are so you don't change them, lol.
    They are for people who don't do quests for gear. They are for people who just want to get to max level as quickly as possible, not to sit and feel rewarded about some random quest green.
    Then give them mediocre stats.

Aside from breaking low level pvp and making dungeons a joke, the absolute worst thing about heirlooms is that they just make the game ugly. On top of that, you now have nearly everyone riding around on that ridiculous chauffeur mount and the early game just looks and feels like a farce. I pity new players. I love WoW but I just know that I would drop this game after an hour if I were new.

Next up, let's remove BoE items, so that people with gold can't just go to the auction house and buy great gear for their lowbie alts.

Then let's get rid of random BoP item drops, so that people who are favored by the RNG gods don't get an unfair advantage against those who aren't.

There's a ton of ways that people can bypass the whole "fun of getting good loot drops" experience. Why focus on just one of them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Personally, I'd prefer that there be options for heirlooms in the menu.

For instance, a toggle button to switch between the current "just slightly less than blue/rare dungeon rewards" to a new "just slightly less than green/uncommon quest rewards."

Then another toggle button to switch between the current "%age XP bonus" to a new "no XP bonus."

Then toss in extra heirlooms, to complete the gear set, and to add more options. For instance, my wife LOVES proccing bodyguard trinkets (her favorite was the Ghost Iron Dragonling from MoP; kept that until around level 93 on her main), so why not something like that? Or a pair of boots that gives okay stats, but provides a movement bonus (out of combat, maybe?). There's so many good ideas out there, but not offered to leveling gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    why?
    Heirlooms are generally set at similar stats of a blue @ the same itemlevel. If you want to use greens go ahead, but heirlooms are generally a blue+ item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Next up, let's remove BoE items, so that people with gold can't just go to the auction house and buy great gear for their lowbie alts.

Then let's get rid of random BoP item drops, so that people who are favored by the RNG gods don't get an unfair advantage against those who aren't.

There's a ton of ways that people can bypass the whole "fun of getting good loot drops" experience. Why focus on just one of them?

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I'd prefer that there be options for heirlooms in the menu.

For instance, a toggle button to switch between the current "just slightly less than blue/rare dungeon rewards" to a new "just slightly less than green/uncommon quest rewards."

Then another toggle button to switch between the current "%age XP bonus" to a new "no XP bonus."

Then toss in extra heirlooms, to complete the gear set, and to add more options. For instance, my wife LOVES proccing bodyguard trinkets (her favorite was the Ghost Iron Dragonling from MoP; kept that until around level 93 on her main), so why not something like that? Or a pair of boots that gives okay stats, but provides a movement bonus (out of combat, maybe?). There's so many good ideas out there, but not offered to leveling gear.
    The heirloom trinkets are generally awful so you're pretty much still free to do that, tbh. Hentai trinket is pgood though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who cares. Can't you get to 100 in like 20 hours with no heirlooms now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good idea, it would get people to use actual gear again which might make people actually play the game a bit more in terms of dungeon drops, using the auction house, crafting, etc. I doubt it will happen, there'd be a ton of outrage that blizzard took something away even though it's for the better. Like I said, good idea though.

The main reason I levelled all the heirlooms I could get to 100 was so I wouldn't have to babysit most of my gear slots.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point of heirlooms, obviously, was to give people an advantage in future playthroughs. Nobody denies this. The question is wether they've overdone it. I think they have. I think heirlooms are too powerful currently. They're equivalent / better compared to the most powerful alternative available. It makes the difference between someone who doesn't use them way to big.

Besides that, leveling up alts at an insane rate causes a whole array of problems, but that's not the discussion.
    Last edited by Pieterman; 2016-06-11 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    The heirloom trinkets are generally awful so you're pretty much still free to do that, tbh. Hentai trinket is pgood though.
    The Void Tendrils (Hentai trinket) is my go-to heirloom trinket. I don't use it often, but due to a mediocre video card, I sometimes end up surrounded by mobs before I know they're there. So a good "oh sh**" trinket. :-)

I'd like to get heirlooms that add some fun to leveling.

As mentioned, a "Ghost Iron Dragonling"-style trinket would be fun.

Or boots that add a non-combat movement bonus.

Other trinkets: Proccing primary stats (like the Inscription trinket in WoD) (plus a boost to healing); I think that the proccing would be a good complement to the "Hentai trinket's" on-use setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms are a stupid idea they shouldn't have introduced nor taken as far as it went, but they did.

Same with flying.

Same result too. It's done and cannot be undone.

Heirlooms are fine the way they are.
    Levelling has gotten so irrelevant now thats its all about hitting max level.
    I dont know why the Devs have nerfed the exp rate, all its doing is slowing down the system, making it more annoying to level than anything else.
    Coming from a guy who has 13 Level 100 toons, when Im leveling a toon, I just want to get through ding levels as fast as I can.

Deleted
    I wish to know if people who love leveling are able to become top players and then revert to just people who love leveling. I doubt it.

What's the point of talking about this when they'd just be removed on Pristine Servers? Assuming those ever come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    What's the point of talking about this when they'd just be removed on Pristine Servers? Assuming those ever come out.
    They'd have to do a lot of work to make Pristine servers something people would want to take part in. Kill fast leveling, bring back some form of attunement system(nothing ridiculous but akin to the Horde Onyxia chain), have single difficulty for dungeons and raids, not allow transfers on, only a single faction per account, remove LFG, rebuild the honor system, not allow flying mounts, etc. Even then I don't know if the Legacy or Bust crowd would go for it. I'd roll a character there but then again I've reached such a point of apathy with current Warcraft that I'm playing Wildstar and having a better time currently.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-06-12 at 01:36 AM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Honestly, I think they're fine as is. Even without them, you won't be getting your 'hardcore' experience, the game's difficulty has been drastically reduced at low levels, regardless of heirlooms.