Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

would you like dynamic seasons in wow?

ofc the cant change everything cos certain zones are either in a prmanent season such as winterspring which is always winter, but zones that can change such as elwynn forest could have dynamic seasonsNOV -JAN in elwynn trees would be bare with a bit of cosmetic snow on the groundFEB - APR is spring so it would be like it is now but alot less leaves on the treesMAY - JUL is full summer so elwynn would be as it is nowAUG - OCT is autumn/fall so they could put lots of leaves falling and leaves on the ground and change the tree leafs that are still on to an orange/red/brown color

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see seasons. I don't really know what else I'd have to say.

But that'd quadruple WoW's art assets, so it probably won't happen. Maybe two seasons, like "warm" and "cold."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I like the idea. It would require more work as mentioned by Slowpoke. However, there are some areas where it can stay the way it is year-round, some zones only need subtle changes in the environment, and then a select bunch would feature drastic changes.

I dream of a world (not necessarily of warcraft) where environments live and breathe more. Where areas have updates every so often: populations boom and dwindle, areas are torn down or destroyed while others are rebuilt, or enemies can migrate around through zones so Hogger isn't always standing in the exact same spot. Would be a great deal of effort to get going, but would be an amazing feature to breathe life into the game and give players a reason to revisit areas or roll new characters simply for a different leveling experience.

Deleted
    yes, that'd be awesome. i once read a suggestion about he bgs having seasons too, that'd be so cool imo.

Yes, would bring to game more to life just like the darker nights coming in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be rather nice But i think it will also take quite some work Would be a huge plus if they did it, but it is quite unlikely.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I doubt the ancient engine's capable of it, but it'd be cool nonetheless. Darker nights, dynamic trees, snow actually accumulating, the ground actually looking wet, etc.

Don't care.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This would take alot of work, but would very much be worth it
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ITZxRazor View Post
    I doubt the ancient engine's capable of it, but it'd be cool nonetheless. Darker nights, dynamic trees, snow actually accumulating, the ground actually looking wet, etc.
    Private servers have done it, its not really an engine problem but a time/effort problem

Nope, I like the way it is now... they could perhaps add more weather conditions that comes randomly, massive rainfall (in jungles), hail, heavy snowstorms (in snow areas), tornadoes (in desert areas) and so on.. we already have this but they are usually so puny that you don't even see them... Think The Division snowstorms for example, so dense that you can barely see!

But complete season based months, no thanks, I think that would get boring and predictable quickly... and if you really dislike snow-zones, 4 months of your yearly wow playing would suck as most zones will just go white...

10+ Year Old Account
    Like monthly or tri-monthy (is that the term? 1 per season, 4 times a year) would be cool

Would I like to? Yes, I would love to.

But then we'd probably go down from 1 content patch per expansion to zero.

Deleted
    reason i want darker nights and dynamic sesons cos at 2am it was bloody sunny in goldshire lol trees casting shadows and everything yes i know moon can cast shadows but it looks retarded at 2am looking like its midday

engine couldnt handle it, just make stuff fall down lik eleaves, rain, and snow and never actually accumulate

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in Legion you can see the rain like it should be, it could be cool to see seasons in wow, but remember that is a game played worldwide so not all the countries have the same season at the same time when in the north is winter in the south could be summer.

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    Private servers have done it, its not really an engine problem but a time/effort problem
    It'd require a complete retexture of a lot of zones and alternate models for all kinds of trees as well as a system that swaps them out based on date. It's possible, yes, but unlikely to be done procedurally. Private servers can just use Noggit mods for snow and create custom models/transplant models from other areas for autumn/winter trees.

Darker nights is easy; hell, all you need in an ENB for that, really, but they often ignore some light sources that Blizzard chose to use textures for rather than actual lighting/AO. Snow, wet effects, seasonal trees--Blizzard probably wouldn't bother. I know BDO has some weird lighting effect for snow and did a brilliant job with seasonal atmosphere; perhaps Blizz could borrow a thing or two from that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    Well in Legion you can see the rain like it should be, it could be cool to see seasons in wow, but remember that is a game played worldwide so not all the countries have the same season at the same time when in the north is winter in the south could be summer.
    well it would be based of US seasons just like holidays are in wow, like pilgrims bounty is only celebrated in the US

It's a cool idea but Blizzard seems to devote few enough resources to creating new content these days that I'd rather they didn't pull any away to use on something like this.

AC did it, I don't see why it'd be impossible here.