Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    The game gave the audio cue (BANG!) and my ULT power went to 0%. However he shot me at the last minute and I died and he lived. Killcam shows I never shot.
    That sucks, but yeah I've had the ult misfires happen to me as well. I've also had a rat tire blown up before it even spawned on my screen to drive. Again, I'm the one who isn't lagging so this doesn't even make sense. I have had Hanzo's dragon deplete me to zero, then no dragon comes out. I think this is the closest to your situation. The audio cue played to full, meter went down, died and a dice roll said no dragon.

I don't know if this is intended and the game is telling the truth, if signals are getting crossed and it's just rng, or whether it's a bug and needs to be fixed. No idea. Again though, this happens few and far between...it's just that those situations stick out hard. Most of the time all of my ults work, times when me and an enemy double kill eachother seem accurate...example widow+hanzo, my arrow took time to travel so even though I shot first we both died.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to knock Blizzard. Everyone has an opinion on what is great or isn't great.

Personally the straw that finally broke the camels back for me was a Hanzo who shot a wall on the opposite side of a large open room and took me from full health to dead with scatter arrow. The problem is, these RNG moments happen a lot to me. (not just isolated to Hanzo).

The game was pretty fun at first, but quickly polish gave way to abrasion and all the little things have started to scrape away at my enjoyment where I'd say 80% of my game time is frustration and 20% is enjoyment. Keep in mind this is merely my personal opinion, if you enjoy OW more power to you, I think I will revisit in a few months after they have had a chance to ponder and possibly change some mechanics.

Couple of other key problems I have with game:

- hit boxes (example: being shot when you are next to a door but not actually visible, there are numerous YT videos clearly demonstrating this)
    - server + client comms and how they are handled (example: being hooked around a corner by Roadhog)
    - lack of custom game browser (I personally find Arcade Brawl awesome)
    - balance passes for all characters

Again, in case it wasn't clear, these are my personal opinions and may not match yours. Hell they may be the exact opposite of yours.
    I hear you. Playing less and less myself. Didn't even play it last night, spent my time watching TYT for primary coverage.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyvah View Post
    If you're going to post inane responses, I'll just assume that you're salty after losing one too many games.
    Inane? It's a perfect example.

Or you consider bowling with friends competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post

It's not even "a perfect example".

Whether you consider Overwatch competitive or not doesn't matter. The game is going to have a competitive game mode, and if Blizzard wants there to be tournaments, then it will just grow from there.

But to humor the question, yes, bowling with friends can be competitive. It's the intention, not the game.

If you're drinking beers, talking about your week, and just throwing the ball down the lane - nah, that's killing time.
    If you're on a bowling league team with some friends, playing against another team? - sure, that's competitive.

Hell, speed running the original Mario Brothers game is highly competitive in some circles and it's not even playing against someone, just their best time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Every game has "That's fucking bullshit" moments. It is hardly an Overwatch only thing. Have fun with whatever else you're doing, I'm gonna stick with the only fun game Blizzard has atm.
    Well yes, this is true, however OW is the only FPS in say, the last 6 years I've played where its more common (to me).

I've never experienced RNG deaths of this level with any other game. (or deaths I can't control, like being headshot next to a wall or doorway because my invisible hit box is showing)

Again, disclaimer, this is purely my personal opinion.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-08 at 08:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That sucks, but yeah I've had the ult misfires happen to me as well. I've also had a rat tire blown up before it even spawned on my screen to drive. Again, I'm the one who isn't lagging so this doesn't even make sense. I have had Hanzo's dragon deplete me to zero, then no dragon comes out. I think this is the closest to your situation. The audio cue played to full, meter went down, died and a dice roll said no dragon.

I don't know if this is intended and the game is telling the truth, if signals are getting crossed and it's just rng, or whether it's a bug and needs to be fixed. No idea. Again though, this happens few and far between...it's just that those situations stick out hard. Most of the time all of my ults work, times when me and an enemy double kill eachother seem accurate...example widow+hanzo, my arrow took time to travel so even though I shot first we both died.
    I think it's something with Hanzo. It seems to be the case with a lot of his skills because they actually travel. He's the only one where I die delayed after I'm safely away.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I'd have to say the absolute most rage inducing WTF bullshit moments with Hanzo are rezzing in the spawn point then instantly dying from his ULT.

Why that ULT is allowed unlimited travel till it hits a map boundary is beyond me.

It has not happened often, but enough to make you go, "What the hell were they thinking?"

Traveling through walls is fine, but reduce its travel distance to something modest like 100-200 yards.

I'd have to say the absolute most rage inducing WTF bullshit moments with Hanzo are rezzing in the spawn point then instantly dying from his ULT.

Why that ULT is allowed unlimited travel till it hits a map boundary is beyond me.

It has not happened often, but enough to make you go, "What the hell were they thinking?"

Traveling through walls is fine, but reduce its travel distance to something modest like 100-200 yards.
    I didn't think it can actually damage you in spawn, but could just not have it damage people in the spawn room if possible. Can't have pure damage immunity while in spawn because it would just lead to widowmaker cheese on attack.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm not nearly to the point where I am "Done" with OW for any amount of time, but I absolutely agree that they NEED to address some of the issues in the OP. Getting shot/hooked through walls is so frustrating that after it happens a few times, I just have to stop playing. It wouldn't be as big an issue if it were rare, but it is so damn common that I can only get through 1-3 matches a day before I get fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I didn't think it can actually damage you in spawn, but could just not have it damage people in the spawn room if possible. Can't have pure damage immunity while in spawn because it would just lead to widowmaker cheese on attack.
    Often thee spawn room is broken down into two sections, there is a main section where you can get insta-healed (notated by the health symbol on the force field) and then there is a section right outside spawn, but still in an "off limits" area to attacks (regular force field).

Route 66 is a good example where people sometimes snipe from the "safe area" of the diner, but you can still take long range damage from here, but no one can reach you in melee range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    OW for me, is a side game to World of Warcraft, almost like hearthstone. Hearthstone for instance: Ton of replay-ability having to pay 0.00$ and just earn every bit of the game - it's easy. OW was nice because it was SUPPOSED to be Titan, and because it was scrapped, they kept the PVP side of it - it's what I like to this day in WoW..

OT I guess.. Everyone needs a break from every single thing in the world. It doesn't matter if you're happy at a job, happy with a person, SOMETIMES.. you need a break. If the break is around balance, that can be fixed, but I always think about min/max'ing and all the crazy stuff people do in this game already (it being such a new game), I think obviously at extremely high levels of play, their will always be a meta, always be that side game of swapping out characters to counter teams, and there will always be that one lucky shot EVERY GAME that just takes someone from full to 0 in one hit.. This happens a LOT more in Call of Poopie (Duty), and ALL OTHER actual good shooter games, since 1989 - Now.. it's been the same exact 'bullshit' comments. Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

If you think blizzard's done a bad job, ask for a refund.

The only thing that bugs me in OW is the players who run around totally ignorant of the objective, both on attack and defense.

New or "Bad" players are perfectly fine aslong as they atleast try to help with objective.

Yeah, I spend most of my time on MMORPG's (WoW, and sooner or later FFXIV) because those don't require the intense amount of skill needed to be remotely competitive in FPS (CS and OW, even though OW's problem is imbalance for the most part) and if I ever take a long break from my current FPS it takes a lot longer than it does in WoW or any other MMORPG to reach the skill level I left at. That alone makes me not want to play FPS for an extended amount of time, I usually just play an FPS if I'm in the mood. Everything I play though is pretty much a side game to WoW atm.

As for the MM issues I've seen people talk about in here, that happens in every single game that has a matchmaking system. It's unavoidable. There's shitbags, idiots, ignorant players, high horse people, amazing/skilled players, etc. Some play only to troll matchmaking, some do it because they're bored so they ignore the objective and focus on killing people. It happens in TF2, it happens in CS, etc. It happens in every FPS I've seen so far.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-06-08 at 09:43 PM.

You know what competitive really means, don't embarrass yourself.
    I just mentioned the definition in my post. I still wonder why you are so puzzled about OW being a competitive game.

Had to at least laugh at myself if anything. Came across this and it instantly made me think of this thread: