Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many players have killed Mythic Archimonde?

Remember back in MoP we saw that only 0.23% of players killed H Garrosh?

Do you think it's a less % now for M Arch because there's less interest in the game?

Or do you think maybe it's actually a higher %, because the half of the playerbase that remains is more dedicated and more likely to raid?

If anyone knows where we can find the actual #s I would be curious to see.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Cutting Edge: The Black Gate

"Attained by 5% of profiles" from Wowhead.
    I very seriously doubt this means 5% of players.

If you look at wowprogress.com, 2030 guilds have downed M Arch. This is 4% of tracked guilds, which are in turn only a fraction of the total player population (guilds without current tier raid progression are not counted.)

Viewed another way: if each of these guilds has 30 progression raiders, then that's 60K. If that were 5% of players then the game would have 1.2M active accounts.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2016-06-08 at 02:49 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Cutting Edge: The Black Gate

"Attained by 5% of profiles" from Wowhead.

AotC: 38% of profiles.
    This is unlikely to be a representative, unbiased sample of the game's population. Chaud can probably dig the numbers up.

edit: what osmeric said, basically

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I very seriously doubt this means 5% of players.
    It doesn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say enough players have defeated the boss on mythic
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, everyone on Mmo-c and the wow forums have killed him.

Here's some anecdata for you.

I play on a EU RP-PVE realm (which obviously is not going to be a raiding powerhouse; I make no claim concerning the generality of these stats) with a pop 33,803 lvl 100 characters according to realmpop.com. Now, clearly this is not 33,803 separate accounts; if we assume on average 4 alts per account, which may or may not be accurate, we have 8450 accounts. We have one 13/13M HFC guild on the server according to WoWprogress. So 0.24% of the realm population have bagged mythic Archimonde, not counting non-guilded buys and carries.

...which is remarkably similar to the OP's value of 0.23% for H Garrosh.

ive only made it as far as Heroic Archimonde. got my aotc and mount. dont have a guild. couldn't be bothered at this point to push to remedy all that when i still need to finish leveling my toons to 100.

maybe in legion I'll push to find the right guild and make it through mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    ive only made it as far as Heroic Archimonde. got my aotc and mount. dont have a guild. couldn't be bothered at this point to push to remedy all that when i still need to finish leveling my toons to 100.

maybe in legion I'll push to find the right guild and make it through mythic.
    The 20 man barrier seems to have created a large dropoff from H Arch to M HFA. 16025 => 10255.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Deleted
    The 20 man barrier seems to have created a large dropoff from H Arch to M HFA. 16025 => 10255.
    Do not mess up \trash with Myth boss who even that looks easy is gated behind few others
    5% with current populatin is prety much fair
    Garrosh have even less and with much bigger Overal population of active players
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-06-08 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Do not nmess up \trash with Myth boss who even that looks easy is gated behind few others
    Um... what?

Deleted
    Um... what?
    Mythic HFA is just trash fiight
    Archimond is gated behind several guild breakers like Gorefend then Xhul Hurac and if these are not enough you get Mannoroth

Mythic HFA is just trash fiight
    Archimond is gated behind several guild breakers like Gorefend then Xhul Hurac and if these are not enough you get Mannoroth
    Ah, ok. I was just pointing out there was a large drop going into M, even for the first boss. If it's "just a trash fight" then that reinforces the point I was making.

Well according to this website, over 1% of people have a Felsteel Annihilator. I think it pulls it form the armory, so the 5% thing could be true, unless someone knows another reason why the percentages shown would be off?

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts

That barrier exists because Blizzard do not merge realms as needed.
    They may have been waiting to see the reaction to the movie release and to Legion. It's possible there will be a large influx of players due to these. If not, I think we'll then see more merging (or, at least, virtual merges via the sort of realm hookups we've already seen.)

Deleted
    Ah, ok. I was just pointing out there was a large drop going into M, even for the first boss. If it's "just a trash fight" then that reinforces the point I was making.
    Well because that guild breaking bosses
    Its not because 20 man barrier (i always think that 10 man wasnt a raid but dungeon group) My guild for example collapse on Gore because after these wipes ppl get nervious and some drama hapen
    Dont forget that HC archimonde also is not that easy boss that it looks just like Blackhand and Imperator.So if ppl arent dedicated enough no wonder that numbers in myth fell down alot

That barrier exists because Blizzard do not merge realms as needed. I think I posted this before, but anyway: my main is on a very populated realm, my alt on a dying realm. It's like 2 different games, actually I consider the dying realm bad for my health because of the stress of being unable to put together a roster and inability of replenishing with more recruits. These issues are non-existent on the populated realm, in fact, there are so many recruits we can be very picky. In the dead realm we end up taking almost anyone.

If Blizzard would merge realms as needed to keep a healthy population (you know, make the game look like a realm MMO), that 20 man barrier would no longer be there in 90% of the cases. Only the most uncompromising 10 man guilds would still suffer, the type that don't wanna make new friends or allow anyone in their small circle and come up with stuff like "I used to know everyone, now I can't tell who is who" just because of 10 more people. Maybe also guilds with very bad recruitment practices that expect fully formed Mythic players when they barely made it out of Heroic, who knows.

In fact, I have no idea how this server issue (it is an issue, many realms dying) is not a more serious problem than LFR gear or whatever. I would be really happy to see people performing a concerted QQ at Blizzard so they merge realms and make the game feel like a real MMO again.
    That hapens because the way how blizz merge realms.If they merge low populated realms with High populated ones we will get healty populations to build a good roster.For example servers like Twisting nether, Kazzak, Ragnaros and so one in EU are not merged with anythig.But if you put a few not populated realms attached to these ones things will became much easy for every one, ofc maybe that is techincly not possible
    Before WoD i was on Sunstrider realm who after merge get to much Alliances and horde population almost did not increase, and guess what i get forced to leave the realm because damn allis start to mess up with my isual chill out things around the world
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-06-08 at 04:09 AM.

Deleted
    I did it in LFR and not even interested in Mythic. Then player come and complain to remove LFR cuz it is ruining the game. I think it is more popular than Mythic by far. Yet Blizzard cares about that 0.23% and even gives them unique tier gear looks. I just want to say, don't complain about LFR, some players are satisfied with it, and don't have time for more serious content. Not everyone can do regular raiding.

Well because that guild breaking bosses
    Its not because 20 man barrier (i always think that 10 man wasnt a raid but dungeon group) My guild for example collapse on Gore because after these wipes ppl get nervious and some drama hapen
    What? How could the decline in participation from H Arch to M HFA be due to later bosses? The guilds that aren't doing M HFA aren't even getting to those later bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I would say enough players have defeated the boss on mythic
    I would say it is too soon to say. How Mythic is in Legion will reveal if there were enough players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    I would say it is too soon to say. How Mythic is in Legion will reveal if there were enough players.
    Mythic in Legion will not show you, how many players killed Archimonde. Most players, who are gonna try their hand on Mythic difficulty in Legion, have proberly only touched the first few bosses or have only completed heroic. So i would say that it is early enough to say, that the players, who should have killed Archimonde on Mythic, have done so.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.