Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

i hate watching potg

80% of the time it's just skill-less tunnel vision or just fucking w/ people

i win a game with a super clutch play and i dont even get commendations. I made the enemy sniper cry like a little bitch. I flanked the fuck out of a bastion who thought he could play that turret bullshit with me. i clinched the game winning play through a shadow of doubt. but this asshole dwarf with his turrets gets potg

its like kill 4 people in 10 seconds and you got potg

so wack

i'd rather not have to watch another Skillzo dragon flying through a wall or any crap like bastion shooting fish in a barrel.

Deleted
    Cue all the people saying you're "salty" because you never get PotG.

It's pointless in all honesty. They should remove it. And the commendations. Pointless. Completely pointless.

I don't mind, and wouldn't mind people leaving during POTG, if it didn't result in my loosing my EXP for the round, and giving me a EXP penalty for leaving it too many times in a short period.

The system doesn't give your earnings until the scorescreen pops up.

Ubisoft's Rainbow 6 Siege seems to do the same thing, as does Halo 5. (If you leave during the Victory / Losing screen.)
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    They should give us tickable option to not watch POTG, and just wait the longer time for the medals etc.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    the commendations i dont really care about; they are fun sometimes, i dont think they really mean anything. but a quadruple kill, a play of the game does not make. i think the game should focus more on objective based plays than player elimination plays.

i mean i dont expect it to happen tomorrow but i almost never really care about play of the game. i wish there was an option to skip it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I don't mind, and wouldn't mind people leaving during POTG, if it didn't result in my loosing my EXP for the round, and giving me a EXP penalty for leaving it too many times in a short period.

The system doesn't give your earnings until the scorescreen pops up.
    I've gotten several boxes, and as such levels, after leaving as soon as the game is over, before the PotG screen, so I know for a 100% fact that you get XP at that point. I'm not sure if you get the +250XP for sticking through the game, but I know you do get XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Cue all the people saying you're "salty" because you never get PotG.

It's pointless in all honesty. They should remove it. And the commendations. Pointless. Completely pointless.
    That would be awful in my opinion.

Sure, some are boring, but it's still interesting to see most. And there is a point, to acknowledge other player's accomplishments (Although I would say getting PotG/Commendations should score you bonus exp.)

You get your XP as soon as Defeat or Victory appears on the screen. You don't have to wait until the silly XP animation. Ever notice you got your level achievements right when the game ended? Come on people it's simple.

I don't agree with removing PotG or commendations, but I would like an option to at least diable PotG, as Narna mentioned.

It's tiring watching what is, essentially, the same thing over and over and over and over. Cool, you got a quad-kill with Bastion because my team funneled directly into your line of fire. Oh, neat. You got a triple kill with Hanzo's dragon, because someone can't hear the audio cue over music, apparently.

It's boring, and terrible in its current iteration. My stance will likely turn around once they add in other things to change the outcome. A play that requires actual skill, say.. rather than the press of a Q button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That would be awful in my opinion.
    Well, OK. What I truly meant was that I'd like an option to disable them for myself. Of course people who like them can keep them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghouldan View Post
    It's boring, and terrible in its current iteration. My stance will likely turn around once they add in other things to change the outcome. A play that requires actual skill, say.. rather than the press of a Q button.
    Right? I mean, even the play I made wasn't that skillful... But it was ballsy, and it won the game.

and some of my teammates will never know how i used my superior knowledge of maps to flank the enemy and open the objective for capture

Sometime they aren't that great but sometimes they are hilarious. Once on offense at the end of King's Row I jumped near the payload capture point and apparently landing has a knockback to it and I landed right beside 3 people and knocked all 3 off the edge. M play of the game was literally me flying threw the air, landing, turning around to attack and no one was there and then suddenly "Triple kill" and then we won.

Also that Torb one who got PoTG with his sentry while he was looking at a Widowmakers ass the entire time was priceless. Don't like them? Alt tab or grab a drink.

3 things that are pointless in this game.

Levels, POTG and Commendations.

Levels give you loot boxes, that's all. Fun fact, my legendary skins all came from loot boxes i PURCHASED whereas the ones I get from levelling keep giving me commons and blues. I did get an epic? or legendary Mei skin... in Orange... from the free loot boxes. That's some real RNG bad luck eh?

POTG gives you maaaaaybe a funny moment you can put up on reddit.

Commendations? Pointless. I only give it to the guys who got 3-4 Gold Medals or the healer that did that crazy clutch ress, most times i hit ESC and surf stuff on my 2nd monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Sometime they aren't that great but sometimes they are hilarious. Once I jumped with Winston and landed near the end of King's Row (on offense), apparently landing has a knockback to it and I landed right beside 3 people and knocked all 3 off the edge, my play of the game was literally me flying threw the air, landing, turning around to attack and no one was there and then suddenly "Triple kill"

Also that Torb one who got PoTG with his sentry while he was looking at a Widowmakers ass the entire time was priceless. Don't like them? Alt tab or grab a drink.
    I had one that was just me as Symmetra being ulted by Reinhardt, and then their team tried walking in one by one for some reason to be killed by my turrets, so the PotG was just me staring at the floor basically seeing the entire team get killed because they didn't all come onto the point at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a Lifesaver with Reinhardt, another Reinhardt was charging into us and I charged into him. We both died and my body flew across the map and everyone got to see it. It was great.

Weird shit like that makes it worth it sometimes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I got a Lifesaver with Reinhardt, another Reinhardt was charging into us and I charged into him. We both died and my body flew across the map and everyone got to see it. It was great.

Weird shit like that makes it worth it sometimes lol.
    Lifesaver is one that causes me massive sadness.

Because most the time I see it, it's from Torb saving his own life with his turret.

But glad it came through at least once!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Lifesaver is one that causes me massive sadness.

Because most the time I see it, it's from Torb saving his own life with his turret.

But glad it came through at least once!
    Normally they're dull but that one was hilarious, watching Reinhardt ragdoll across half the map after a head on collision with another Reinhardt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoy when a PoTG isn't an ult.
    Sure, they may not be as flashy, but watching a Reinhardt pin someone to the wall, turn around, and beat the shit out of the team is always fun.

edit: i did get one earlier as WM though. Overwatching point on Volskaya "A" when a Pharah runs out the small room in the corner and Does her boost-jump just as I shot her in the head. Killed a couple others to secure PoTG. It was only after watching the end that I saw her limp body fall from the heavens about 5 seconds after I shot her.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-06-08 at 06:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    POTG is extremely weighted towards anything happening on or near the objective so it does generally show a play that helped take/defend the objective not one where genji killed 3 people outside spawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I actually enjoy when a PoTG isn't an ult.
    Sure, they may not be as flashy, but watching a Reinhardt pin someone to the wall, turn around, and beat the shit out of the team is always fun.

edit: i did get one earlier as WM though. Overwatching point on Volskaya "A" when a Pharah runs out the small room in the corner and Does her boost-jump just as I shot her in the head. Killed a couple others to secure PoTG. It was only after watching the end that I saw her limp body fall from the heavens about 5 seconds after I shot her.
    Yeah I've gotten PotG quite a few times on Widow, and whether I pop three or four heads off, the response is always mockery from the other people.