Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Given you know what one is, mind my asking of what a bloomin onion is? A form of onion as the name implies? Don't think I've seen one here in the UK
    It's an onion that has been cut into strips, but left connected at the bottom. It is then fried. It's from a restaurant in the US that specializes in fake Australian food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnantinos View Post
    So I have another question on a more serious note. Are all Australians positive minded or can they be a bit of a stick in the mud?
    my dad is a stick in the mud
    but your question is not related to where someone lives
    humans in general can be aggressive and stubbon for no reason
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    Its fun convincing tourists about drop bears. But the joke is actually on us Aussies. During the Megafauna there was a carnivore that could climb trees.
    We had a lot of huge badass animals here haha, like Thylacoleo. "a T. carnifex weighing 101 kg (223 lb) had a bite comparable to that of a 250-kg African lion" pound for pound the most powerful bite of any mammal, living or extinct.

Now days it's the Tasmanian devil which holds the title for strongest bite per unit body mass of any extant mammal land predator. Their jaw can open up some 70-80 degrees whilst producing a bite force of over 553 N (124 lbf in roman catholic) which is insane for a creature that's only around 652mm and 8kgs (25.7" and 18lb).

We also had creatures like Varanus priscus which was a giant, carnivorous goanna that could get up to 7m (23ft) long and weigh as much as ~2000kg (or 4409 lb in roman catholic).

Side note: if Australians seem proud of our dangerous wildlife it's because we are :P
    Last edited by skitzin; 2016-06-09 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metuere View Post
    It's not like any of us deny it though because, as stated a few times, we live to play jokes on foreigners.
    Ha, I've been to Sydney! I know it's not all desert and kangaroos! It's babes, cute parks, awesome markets and street artists, a bridge and a funny shaped opera house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Side note: if Australians seem proud of our dangerous wildlife it's because we are :P
    Well, you don't have much else going for you in terms of "being best at". That and swimming for some odd reason. One can only suppose it's because you try to swim away from oz.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, you don't have much else going for you in terms of "being best at". That and swimming for some odd reason. One can only suppose it's because you try to swim away from oz.
    Well I thought it would be obvious ... See here for reason: http://i.imgur.com/FtRyU3J.gifv

(side note: that's not shopped 20ft ish long and ~3000 kg (or 6600ish lb)

But we also have amazing beaches* to be found all around the coast which is why swimming is a huge thing here, particularly when most major cities are on the coast.

*- many of our good beaches aren't well known, it's nothing personal we just enjoy the tranquility :P
    Last edited by skitzin; 2016-06-09 at 10:45 AM.

Well I thought it would be obvious ... See here for reason: http://i.imgur.com/FtRyU3J.gifv

But we also have amazing beaches* to be found all around the coast which is why swimming is a huge thing here, particularly when most major cities are on the coast.

*- many of our good beaches aren't well known, it's nothing personal we just enjoy the tranquility :P
    That and the irukandji can squeeze through the nets, and kill ya right?

10+ Year Old Account

Whitehaven Beach!

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Whitehaven Beach!

Yeah white haven is nice.

Fortunately, I don't have to go far myself for a similar experience.

This is lucky bay in Esperance (south of Perth): http://i.imgur.com/HGeG5RS.jpg

Having said that Hawaii is quite nice. I particularly liked how chill the wildlife is there. Like sea turtles had no probs swimming with us when we were there.

That and the Irukandji can squeeze through the nets, and kill ya right?
    Depends, where you go and what species you are dealing with.

You tend to only find them in these areas: http://i.imgur.com/KfNx3s6.gif

And yeah they can kill but most stings will just make you experience extreme pain and make you feel crook. It's always a case of going to the hospital either way.

Yeah white haven is nice.

Fortunately, I don't have to go far myself for a similar experience.

This is lucky bay in Esperance (south of Perth): http://i.imgur.com/HGeG5RS.jpg

Having said that Hawaii is quite nice. I particularly liked how chill the wildlife is there. Like sea turtles had no probs swimming with us when we were there.

Depends, where you go and what species you are dealing with.

You tend to only find them in these areas: http://i.imgur.com/KfNx3s6.gif

And yeah they can kill but most stings will just make you experience extreme pain and make you feel crook. It's always a case of going to the hospital either way.
    So only the Northern parts!

So only the Northern parts!
    Pretty much, yeah. Although they do show up in other parts of the world too - like the USA :P
    Last edited by skitzin; 2016-06-09 at 04:44 PM.

Pretty much, yeah. Although they do show up in our parts of the world too - like the USA :P
    Lol, I never knew that