Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The play of the game I liked most was watching as our mercy killed 3 people, got her 99-100% ult, activated and rezzed 4 people to cap a point.

It was pretty damn sexy.

But for every 1 of those, there are 10 that are like "eh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There's a lot more than just damage/killing blows going into potg calculations. Stopping ults nets you a massive amount of "points" towards it. Not to mention that doing so later in the game, or on the objective is also worth more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef1tKJaK-yU does a better job of explaining it than I did
    Yep, this is why Bastion killing himself during his ult can net him PotG, because it's considered a "Shutdown" (Usually it will tell you near the bottom of the screen what kind of PotG it is).
    https://gfycat.com/LegitimateDistantFulmar

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Most people fail to see the descriptive text on potg like these. It was probably labeled as a shutdown on the intro screen.
    I've never noticed that. I'll have to look for the text tonight.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If you look at the short video I posted, you'll see it at the very start, around Bastion's waist area.

My best/worst is I was Torb with a full scrap bar and a Reinhardt kept knocking me into a corner while I spammed armor packs to keep me alive. My turret took part in 4 kills including the Reinhardt, but it was just me staring at a wall getting beat on lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Only the non standard ones have them and they are fairly rare. There are things like sharpshooter, shutdown, lifesaver, etc. Most people never seem to notice the type on these and start ranting in chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Before I read this thread I thought play of the game only showed YOUR personal play of the game I guess I've just gotten every single play of the game since launch?
    huehuehuehue
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Only the non standard ones have them and they are fairly rare. There are things like sharpshooter, shutdown, lifesaver, etc. Most people never seem to notice the type on these and start ranting in chat.
    Yeah I played 7 games last night and didn't notice it once so it must be very rare.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    PotG and Highlights are very often ludicrous or underwhelming.

When its Torb, nine times out of ten, he's scratching his ass while his turret is making offscreen kills. And I've had plenty of highlights/PotG where its just like one or two kills and there were better plays elsewhere.

Like I was watching one of my Tracer highlights and it was me stickying one guy. One death from a sticky. Wow. Not.
    Putin khuliyo

I think the game needs to figure out a way to rank shield absorb damage higher. Had a potg yesterday when i was on reinhardt that a pharah got for pressing Q and killing 2 people. What it didnt factor in is that 4 people were hiding behind my shield for it and survived because of it. Charged and killed the Pharah after, too.

I know Jeff as said they're working internally on ways to improve the POTG algorithm, and find better ways to present them (Aardvark toblerone I'm looking at you) so fingers crossed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bonus points=
    Ult shutdown
    kills as a support
    kills on a objective
    killstreak shutdowns
    killing somone who is about to kill a ally

also you get more "points" towards play of the game near the end, as the end of a match is where its more important then the start

and play of the games can be

Lots of damage done
    Ult shutdowns
    Point defence
    killing people from far away
    saving somone from death by healing them, or killing the person about to kill them

so sometimes it seems shitty but you may not know

for example your examples maybe they killed somone who was shooting a low health ally, or about to use their ults, or had massive kill streaks, or were on objectives

3 kills of people who are on killstreaks about to capture the final point as a mercy= more likely to get PotG then 5 kills at the start of a game by a bastion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't think it's broken. Stupid PotG tend to happen in games where nothing interesting occurs, which you do see occasionally.

Lately all my PotG except one have been really dumb shit. Like, dumb enough that I appologise to everyone when it plays.

I got one two days ago for just randomly spraying bullets as Bastion

(me)

I killed two people in the play, although I think one was McCree doing his ult. I also hit some buildings, [reload] the post in front of me, tickled another player [reload], the waiting payload, and probably my own teammates [reload] if there was friendly fire. I'm not sure if the other team thought I was just terrible and blind, or some kind of supervillian just cackling maniacally while I rained bullets in all directions, but it definitely was an embarrassing thing to get caught on PotG.

We absolutely stomped them, though,and it was a short match with no team kills because they were just running into us to die one by one over and over again. So, I guess my two kills in a row was the most exciting thing that happened that game.

And yeah, as other people said, if you interrupt ults or do some kind of environmental damage (knocking people off world, etc), the game values it higher for PotG.
    not as embaressing as me getting a 6 player kill on the final point, me last person alive, molten cored, where my turret got all the kills, well i miss every single shot on them :P i got ripped so hard "36 shots and you couldent land one!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    My first PotG was as Symmetra and I literally died and watched my turrets kill three people. It was funny.

I don't think much of the play of the game, unless it isn't either stupidly boring/bland. I saw a Genji play of the game where he killed just two people with his regular attacks.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yep, this is why Bastion killing himself during his ult can net him PotG, because it's considered a "Shutdown" (Usually it will tell you near the bottom of the screen what kind of PotG it is).
    https://gfycat.com/LegitimateDistantFulmar
    Oh that is amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot more than just damage/killing blows going into potg calculations. Stopping ults nets you a massive amount of "points" towards it. Not to mention that doing so later in the game, or on the objective is also worth more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef1tKJaK-yU does a better job of explaining it than I did
    Agree. There was potg of me, literally running circles around payload from enemy team, holding overtime, waiting for my team to respawn as 5 winstons (yeah, defenders advantage is seriously OPed, being able to switch into shit like that while overtime is running is ridiculous). Then everyone went "omg wtf was that potg lol"

On the other hand - i've got potg as Zenyatta for shutting down Mccree ult and Phara ult in short succession. Literally, as i threw discord orb at Phara, she flies into the air, pops ult, gets two headshots and dies. In a split second i hear Mccree ult, discord him, and he dies in a second,
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-06-10 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you should be able to get POTG with your ultimate active.

Feels like 99% of all POTG is either Junkrat or Hanzo wiping the other team with their ultimates.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't think you should be able to get POTG with your ultimate active.

Feels like 99% of all POTG is either Junkrat or Hanzo wiping the other team with their ultimates.
    If that were the case, then 99% would be Torbjorn either lying dead or running around aimlessly, or Bastion. Would those really be an improvement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If that were the case, then 99% would be Torbjorn either lying dead or running around aimlessly, or Bastion. Would those really be an improvement?
    I think they just need to overhaul the entire system. Watching a Bastion hold left-click for 3 seconds isn't very fun, watching a Torbjörn be dead and get 3 kills isn't fun, watching Hanzo use ult and run behind a wall, getting 4 kills isn't fun.

Then again, getting an automated system to pick "fun to watch" moments would be stupidly hard and I'm not sure it's worth all the work they'd have to put in to make it work, even if I'd very much like it if they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they just need to overhaul the entire system. Watching a Bastion hold left-click for 3 seconds isn't very fun, watching a Torbjörn be dead and get 3 kills isn't fun, watching Hanzo use ult and run behind a wall, getting 4 kills isn't fun.

Then again, getting an automated system to pick "fun to watch" moments would be stupidly hard and I'm not sure it's worth all the work they'd have to put in to make it work, even if I'd very much like it if they did.
    It's true, although let's be honest, some are also well worth the watch. I'm quite sure they'll refine it down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's true, although let's be honest, some are also well worth the watch. I'm quite sure they'll refine it down the line.
    There are of course some that are pretty nice to watch (Tracer doing a nice stick) but most aren't when they're ults

I've had a few PoTG's in the last few days that didn't make any sense. Bastion on top of a payload not shooting just looking around got it once. Everyone was very confused on that one. I guess for Objective time maybe? It was weird. I had a torb play of the game where it started with me respawning and then my turret died without killing anyone. It was a PoTG for the dwarf shuffle I guess. I have been noticing more non-ult PoTG's over the last week though, maybe something changed behind the scenes there?
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.