View Poll Results: Is WoW bad or are u just done with it?

Voters
716. This poll is closed
  • You might be right. Maybe i'm getting too old for this game.

99 13.83%
  • I never spend thousands of hours into other games, so its kinda logical im burned out.

101 14.11%
  • No. WoW is bad. I dont like it so WoW is bad.

266 37.15%
  • I still like WoW!

250 34.92%
Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is WoW terrible now or are you just done with it?

Lets look at some facts:
    You not enjoying a game and You not enjoying the content, doesnt mean a game is bad.
    Obviously Blizzard researched the market like any billion dollar company does and decided this was the way to go based on numbers and statistics.
    Currently, as far as we know, 7 million people still play WoW.

Maybe, and i know this is hard on forums, we should all take a step back and reflect for a second
    We have been playing this game for years and hours on end.
    In the 10 years of WoW, our interests might not be what they used to be.

Most complaints are about "how it used to be". Cant it just be that we are burned out, simply because we've spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours in this game? Hell my main has 200 days played. Thats 5000 hours. Name ONE other game you played for 5000 hours before you were bored with it.

Maybe we should all reflect and conclude that WoW isnt for us anymore. We've grown out of it. And thats ok. Let the new generation enjoy it and find something else.

Thoughts?

I'm putting more time into EQ1 then WoW since WoD dropped. I dont get "burnt out" on things I like because of o0o00o0 moderaaaaation. It's the lack of quality that's stopping me from putting more time in WoW, nothing more.
    Shit im still playing NES games I played when I was 5. Blame the community all you want for blizzard getting extra money grubby and lazy over the past few years tho, thats cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    I'm putting more time into EQ1 then WoW since WoD dropped. I dont get "burnt out" on things I like because of o0o00o0 moderaaaaation. It's the lack of quality that's stopping me from putting more time in WoW, nothing more.
    Shit im still playing NES games I played when I was 5. Blame the community all you want for blizzard getting extra money grubby and lazy over the past few years tho, thats cool.
    Quality is subjective though. Might not be your cup of tea, it is 7 million other people cup though. So for YOU the game nolonger provides the quality it used to. Im not blameing anyone, i just find it silly to blame a company something they have no control over: How you experience a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Lets look at some facts:
    You not enjoying a game and You not enjoying the content, doesnt mean a game is bad.
    Obviously Blizzard researched the market like any billion dollar company does and decided this was the way to go based on numbers and statistics....
    Thoughts?
    First, you don know that they used market research in designing WOD. Unless you work on the team you don't know how they made design decisions.

Second, assuming that they do what you sya.... great games are not an outgrowth of focus groups and statistics.

WoW isn't terrible. At it's core, it's still a very enjoyable game which I'd love to continue playing.
    However, in WoD, the direction they've chosen doesn't provide enough engaging or interesting content that I'm personally interested in.
    I don't really like raiding all too much.
    Also, the expansion itself just seems...low quality and it almost feels like the devs aren't interested either.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quality is subjective though. Might not be your cup of tea, it is 7 million other people cup though. So for YOU the game nolonger provides the quality it used to. Im not blameing anyone, i just find it silly to blame a company something they have no control over: How you experience a game.
    There are a ton of threads that deal with objective facts on why the quality of WoW declined over time, beginning with Cataclysm. The fact that you don't want to take other people's opinions into account and vehemently cling to your own...now that's another matter entirely. Quality is NOT subjective. Preferences are. If you look at what WoD brought to the table, versus what it eliminated, you will find an obvious discrepancy. I'll indulge you for one second and mention the things WoD brought versus the things it took out:

+Ashran which I won't get into details because the community has spoken
    +New raid, like every expansion did
    +The same usual PVP, which is now in a very bad shape from what I hear(I don't pvp)
    -Daily quests
    -Professions(they reduced them to a daily CD and the things you craft with that daily CD)
    -Scenarios(one question: Why?)
    -Reputations
    -World content(MoP at least had Thunder Island and Timeless Island to keep you going out into the world, whereas WoD has laughable Apexis dailies)
    -Relevant content added with the first 'major' patch(Seriously, patch 6.1 brought nothing but selfie cams and twitter integration. Not even a freaking quest hub!)
    -Player interaction due to how garrisons are structured

So yea, one can form an objective opinion about WoD's quality, given that the only things to do IN THE CURRENT expansion are raiding, pvp, garrison missions. The majority of people find relief into the content of the OLD EXPANSIONS, preferring to farm old raids rather than go out into the vast world of Draenor simply because there's nothing you can do out there. Literally nothing.

Eh, keep throwing that 7 million number out there like it means something. We're the minority here, a good chunk of players couldnt give a shit about the actual quality of the game, they think it's neat to run around a 3d world and collect pets and mounts from the past. In the end you're saying blizzard has no control over their own product they design, create, and market for, and that the players are playing too much. That's just being a bad consumer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    First, you don know that they used market research in designing WOD. Unless you work on the team you don't know how they made design decisions.

Second, assuming that they do what you sya.... great games are not an outgrowth of focus groups and statistics.
    Yea i do. Because i know how billion dollar businesses work. Once you make it into corporate life, you'll know what im talking about. If you actually believe they have creative freedom beyond the boundaries of doodads and the occasional joke, your deluded. Devs do not decide. They are staff. Doing what managers say. Managers do what CEO's say. CEO's do what investors say.

Have you learned nothing from EA? Activision? Ubisoft?

It could be but I still enjoy playing classic TBC and wrath private servers as well as FFXIV which is very close to WoW playstyle but with a dev team and keeps content coming on a regular basis with achievements that have tangible rewards, The fact I can play with friends even at the highest level of end game helps too. Heck I even took up playing runescape again and that's far more engaging and rewarding than wow currently that's somewhat telling, Maybe I just don't like the direction wow has taken, I really fucking hate how every cool mount gets thrown into the store where as in game we get recolour after recolour; Ill play 1 month of 6.2 but unless it blows me away I think ill be done.
    Last edited by MagicMert; 2015-06-05 at 11:30 PM.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Yea i do. Because i know how billion dollar businesses work. Once you make it into corporate life, you'll know what im talking about. If you actually believe they have creative freedom beyond the boundaries of doodads and the occasional joke, your deluded. Devs do not decide. They are staff. Doing what managers say. Managers do what CEO's say. CEO's do what investors say.

Have you learned nothing from EA? Activision? Ubisoft?
    Lol now that's just funny...

Deleted
    Eh, keep throwing that 7 million number out there like it means something. We're the minority here, a good chunk of players couldnt give a shit about the actual quality of the game, they think it's neat to run around a 3d world and collect pets and mounts from the past. In the end you're saying blizzard has no control over their own product they design, create, and market for, and that the players are playing too much. That's just being a bad consumer.
    If Blizzard's CEO's decided tomorrow that player characters should all be replaced by virtual pink dildo's if statistics showed it would make them more money, they would. Thats a choice. Just like you have the choice to say "no i dont like this so im gonna walk away".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    So yea, one can form an objective opinion about WoD's quality, given that the only things to do IN THE CURRENT expansion are raiding, pvp, garrison missions. The majority of people find relief into the content of the OLD EXPANSIONS, preferring to farm old raids rather than go out into the vast world of Draenor simply because there's nothing you can do out there. Literally nothing.
    Once you finished your reputations too exalted, all you did in other xpacs was afking in cities aswell. Or you did them for gold.
    They basicly replaced dailies with apexis dailies, 200 treasures to find, reps to grind and 400 rares to kill. Theres more to do in the outside world.
    The rest stayed the same. Raiding, PvP. Its not a different game.

If Blizzard's CEO's decided tomorrow that player characters should all be replaced by virtual pink dildo's if statistics showed it would make them more money, they would. Thats a choice. Just like you have the choice to say "no i dont like this so im gonna walk away".
    So summing up: We play and pay for a game for a decade. They turn it into something else. We shouldnt voice our concerns as fans and possibly bring back the quality recently lacking in the game, instead we should stop playing because we played it too much.

I dont get it.

Right now im not playing because in my opinion warlords of dreanor is an overpriced, underdelivering bad videogame experience. That doesnt mean i have written off WoW - i wouldnt be here checking on updates for potential returns to form if i had - but even after playing blizzard games since the mid 90's im not the brand loyalty indoctrination sort so i can criticise when a dev i love makes a garbage product. God knows Konami did that with the latter Silent Hills and thats my favourite series of all time, but that doesnt mean i defend the later teams design mistakes based on the name on the box. Im not so much a slave to a brand to feel i should defend its honour and purity like a brave internet knight.

Its an mmo. Things constantly change. My personal opinion is the current incarnation is simply bad. Its not fun, the story blows and the gameplay of garrisons or mob grinds in a ghost town world are frankly obscene examples of a 'finished product' for any massively multiplayer role playing game. It simple looks like hot trash compared to mmos like FFXIV, worse its got less interaction than critically less than well received games like destiny.

WoW is barely an mmo right now and the only people enjoying it are those whos idea of an mmo has been 'seal me in a closed space seperated from the world with a dozen or so other people to kill the same bosses each week' and quite frankly thats not enough for me. I pay a sub to access a vibrant rpg world with other players to interact with. You cannot say that applies to warlords of dreanor. As an mmorpg its frankly a shameful ripoff.

But im still waiting to see news on Improvements because the game is always changing.

Hopefully the staggering number of complaints and largest, fastest decline in the games history gets the message across that its meant to be WORLD of wacraft, not RAID of warcraft.

The game is just bad now. I'm as big a warcraft fan as you can be, i played warcraft on ps1, warcraft 3, wow since 08, i've read books, i'm a lore geek, but i cannot bring myself to playing WoW as it is right now.

Terrible game, simple as that. If it was any good i'd be playing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    The game is just bad now. I'm as big a warcraft fan as you can be, i played warcraft on ps1, warcraft 3, wow since 08, i've read books, i'm a lore geek, but i cannot bring myself to playing WoW as it is right now.

Terrible game, simple as that. If it was any good i'd be playing it.
    again, 7 million people beg to diver.

- - - Updated - - -

So summing up: We play and pay for a game for a decade. They turn it into something else. We shouldnt voice our concerns as fans and possibly bring back the quality recently lacking in the game, instead we should stop playing because we played it too much.

I dont get it.
    If you enjoyed peanutbutter your entire live and suddenly become nausious at the very smell of it, is peanut butter bad? No. Its just nolonger for you.

Lets look at some facts:
    No, it means I think it's bad.... popularity outside of that has nothing to do with that judgement.

And yes, I think this game is in a very poor state right now. It's not an issue of being tired of it. The graphics aren't dated to me, the premise isn't dated... it's just not appealing right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm just done. Nine years playing a game is a long time invested into one game.

And since my guild just decided to quit raiding, that seals the deal for me.

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

I highly doubt your still sitting on 7 million subs now fella...that number is most likely closing in on under 6 mil now

- - - Updated - - -
    Keep in mind there are people like myself who are subbed simply becasue
    A) Its free
    B) They have obligations to their guild of friends
    C) They are just going through the motions, They don't enjoy the game but have been here for 10 years so meh why not stay.
    D) People are scared to leave the game as it makes them think "Wow I just wasted 10 years of my life playing wow with nothing to show for it"

I imagine the amount of active subscribers (Not just paying ones im talking people who log in daily or every other day) is much much much less than 7 million.

If you enjoyed peanutbutter your entire live and suddenly become nausious at the very smell of it, is peanut butter bad? No. Its just nolonger for you.
    That's such a silly argument becasue peanut butter does not change its core components, WoW has changed. If the creators of said peanut butter changed what they put into it (Dog shit, Vinegar etc) Or started making the peanut butter out of insects then it would be a valid argument.
    Last edited by MagicMert; 2015-06-05 at 11:51 PM.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

- - - Updated - - -

Conflicting analogies aside your arguments for why people can't like a thing could also be applied to why millions stuff their gullets with mcdonalds. Quantity of customers does not correlate to quality of the product.