Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Lol, yeah, that's what it shows alright.
    Western businesses were being encouraged to deal with Libya at that time, so it is exactly what it shows.

Pristine logic....no really.....
    You said...

Yawn, this was just 2 years before he was killed. During the "second bad period" with good ole Muammar.
    However, when Trump was trying to get investment with Gaddafi it was at the time the US had just appointed its first ambassador to Libya for decades, so you clearly did not know that the West had been trying to mend relations.

You do not like Trump, so target him for something relevant, not this load of irrelevant bollocks.

I want Gaddafi back, the Arab League summits are no longer worth watching after he's gone.

Gaddafi was like the Lady Gaga of the Arab world, with the silly attire and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So? We were friends with them.
    I hate Trump as much as any other guy, but this is really stretching it.
    And it's Buzzfeed, don't link Buzzfeed. Do not read Buzzfeed.
    Yay i agree with Kangodo on something. HURRAY . Would have been totally diffrent if it was after the bombings etc started though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Western businesses were being encouraged to deal with Libya at that time, so it is exactly what it shows.

You said...

However, when Trump was trying to get investment with Gaddafi it was at the time the US had just appointed its first ambassador to Libya for decades, so you clearly did not know that the West had been trying to mend relations.

You do not like Trump, so target him for something relevant, not this load of irrelevant bollocks.
    Stop.

It shows he's business man. A business man who will do anything to make more money....which is EXACTLY the type of thing he and his supporters say he won't do.

Secondly, the quip about your logic was pointed at your reasoning for posting in a thread you think is stupid.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop.

It shows he's business man. A business man who will do anything to make more money....which is EXACTLY the type of thing he and his supporters say he won't do.

Secondly, the quip about your logic was pointed at your reasoning for posting in a thread you think is stupid.
    Ehm, do you even know what "business partner" means? I really hate Trump, but come on, can't you make a better argument against him than this?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop.

Once again, what exactly did he do wrong? I do not know how many times I can point out that Libya and the West were trying to mend relations before it sinks in.

It is a stupid thread because it completely fails to understand the political situation at the time. If you do not want people to criticise your threads for being nonsense, then do not post one in a forum where you cannot moderate the comments yourself.

Trump loves America so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Once again, what exactly did he do wrong? I do not know how many times I can point out that Libya and the West were trying to mend relations before it sinks in.

It is a stupid thread because it completely fails to understand the political situation at the time. If you do not want people to criticise your threads for being nonsense, then do not post one in a forum where you cannot moderate the comments yourself.
    I've answered that question two times already.

I'm also not asking why you think the thread is stupid. I'm questioning the intelligence of repeatedly posting (and thereby prolonging) a thread you think is so stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ehm, do you even know what "business partner" means? I really hate Trump, but come on, can't you make a better argument against him than this?
    Yes, I do.

This "argument", shows him to be the hypocrite he is. He's willing to make money over anything else, which he and his supporters swear he won't. It also shows US security and his BS towards the Middle East and Muslims is lip service that is just pandering to the Repub base.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Hilary Clinton did business with the isil terrorists that overthrew based Qaddafi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do.

This "argument", shows him to be the hypocrite he is. He's willing to make money over anything else, which he and his supporters swear he won't. It also shows US security and his BS towards the Middle East and Muslims is lip service that is just pandering to the Repub base.
    How does wanting to be business partners with Qaddafi mean "willing to make money over anything else"? He thinks Qaddafi would be a good business partner for him; doesn't mean he will be partners with anyone who can help him make money.

He is hypocrite, and he does value money more than pretty much anything else - however your argument doesn't make much sense and doesn't support it in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    How does wanting to be business partners with Qaddafi mean "willing to make money over anything else"? He thinks Qaddafi would be a good business partner for him; doesn't mean he will be partners with anyone who can help him make money.

He is hypocrite, and he does value money more than pretty much anything else - however your argument doesn't make much sense and doesn't support it in any way.
    Sigh......

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh......
    Jesus Christ.... are you deliberately trying to run around with a blindfold?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libya%...zing_relations

From 2003 - 2011 the relationship between the US and Libya was normalizing.
    I mean, I get it if you were probably too young to remember and grasp the events. But at least research the timeline and it's events.
    And additional information for 2011 itself:
    https://www.treasury.gov/press-cente...es/tg1387.aspx
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I cant wait till November and all of this Trump talk ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I cant wait till November and all of this Trump talk ends.
    Not gonna happen. Even as a loser, he is a high ranking Republican. Will need to hear his opinion on everything Hillary does.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Not gonna happen. Even as a loser, he is a high ranking narcissistic attention whore. Will need to hear his opinion on everything Hillary does.
    fixed that for you,
    I am not buying into him being a republican.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of credible sources about Trump's dealings in the Middle East that you don't have to make up a hypothetical one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    fixed that for you,
    I am not buying into him being a republican.
    You don't have a choice. He's the party's nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sperrow View Post
    buzzfeed is hardly a respectable source. Don't believe everything you read on internet
    when dealing with trump, you don't need respectable sources.......just shit he makes up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You don't have a choice. He's the party's nominee.
    Like Rand Paul.
    People running under a party umbrella aren't always what the party stands for.

Hence the big backlash against Trump currently from "his" own party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Like Rand Paul.
    People running under a party umbrella aren't always what the party stands for.
    Nope. He's the party's nominee. He clinched the delegate count. Everyone else dropped out. He's now the effective head of the Republican Party. Your objections are understandable and irrelevant. You can keep using words like "umbrella" but he's still the one holding the handle.