Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I just want to tell him that I could draw from my holster and shoot him in the head in about three to five seconds. Maybe less if trained.

I could ruin his life and mine in a few seconds, the idea that his son should be given leniency because it was only "twenty minutes of action" is ludicrous and offensive. The action is severe enough that it ruined someone's life, both his son (who he and his father seem to never be capable of recognizing the pain they caused to Emily Doe.) The amount of time it took is meaningless.

I'm also disgusted by the fact that Brock was granted leniency because he's "an athlete." Why the fuck are athletes in this country treated like gods? Who the fuck cares how goddamn fast this piece of shit swims? He was molesting an unconscious girl's vagina, ass and breasts!

He had "no prior convictions?" Oh? You telling me he doesn't know that sexual assault is bad? Bullshit! No one on Earth knows it's bad. Sometimes first offenses are so severe they don't deserve a second chance!

This whole ordeal is disgusting, from the judge granting leniency on the stupidest reasons, to the dad and the rapist both crying about how *their lives* were ruined while ignoring the girl that he FUCKING RAPED while she was unconscious.

Fucking scum.
    Settle down.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The jail sentence is pretty lenient - if this had been a black gang member he more than likely would have gotten 10+ years. And the crime wasn't just rape - she was also assaulted, blood and bruises.

That being said, he is utterly fucked for life. No competitive swimming, no Stanford degree, registered sex offender for life - game over man. He couldn't even coach swimming in 20 years. It's possible he could find a better life somewhere else - but iirc registered sex offenders can't travel outside the U.S. - there are heavy restrictions based on the state - and your passport is forever marked.

So, did he get a light sentence? Without a doubt - and that judge is now facing a recall notice. Is his life over at the age of 20? It sure is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Maybe they shouldn't have to, but if I ever have a daughter, I'll certainly be explaining to her that if she's thinking she might get very drunk, she should always have good friends, people she trusts, with her to help protect her from bad situations. I'll also teach her how to lower her risks in other situations.

You shouldn't have to prepare for these risks, but you should still prepare for these risks.
    Well said - I do have one and when she's old enough (only 2 now) I will certainly be preparing her.

Maybe they shouldn't have to, but if I ever have a daughter, I'll certainly be explaining to her that if she's thinking she might get very drunk, she should always have good friends, people she trusts, with her to help protect her from bad situations. I'll also teach her how to lower her risks in other situations.

You shouldn't have to prepare for these risks, but you should still prepare for these risks.
    It's good advice to have a good support network when you are drunk for not-rape reasons. I don't live at home anymore but I know if I get too ripped to drive I can call my mom at a moments notice to come get me so I don't endanger myself or others.

Or just don't drink so much you are over 3x the legal limit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The jail sentence is pretty lenient - if this had been a black gang member he more than likely would have gotten 10+ years.
    Race has nothing to do with this :/

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The problem is threads like these, we aren't a court and the media/topics around something like this effects the legal process. It isn't a court of public opinion.
    The court of public opinion can be way more damaging than the legal process, and in this case it likely will. But I'm totally against the idea that an outraged mob should have any impact on the legal system
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    This Turner kid, his father, and the judge are all disgusting human beings.

And OP, you say you aren't implying the victim is responsible, but that is exactly what you are doing. No one should have to prepare for rape. Ever.
    So, by that logic, no one should have to prepare for anything, ever?
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

10+ Year Old Account

But that's why a case like this is such a problem. It's not teaching people that rape is bad when you are sentenced to 6 months, probably only 2 with 'good behavior'. It's a sad day when this is what parents have to teach their daughters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    So, by that logic, no one should have to prepare for anything, ever?
    I didn't realize other daily activities equated to rape. Nice stretch there.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's why a case like this is such a problem. It's not teaching people that rape is bad when you are sentenced to 6 months, probably only 2 with 'good behavior'. It's a sad day when this is what parents have to teach their daughters.
    I agree with this. Parents should be teaching their sons that rape is disgusting and wrong. But that isn't an over night sort of thing. So in the meantime, while there are still rapists walking the streets, it is best to also teach daughters to be protected.

If for some reason I get suckered into having kids, and end up with a daughter, I will certainly be putting her in martial arts at a very young age, and insisting it continue until I feel comfortable with her ability to defend herself.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    The court of public opinion can be way more damaging than the legal process, and in this case it likely will. But I'm totally against the idea that an outraged mob should have any impact on the legal system
    I could not agree more.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't realize other daily activities equated to rape. Nice stretch there.
    It's a possible outcome. Just as I prepare for accidents when I drive. And, as "statistics" are commonly reported, 1 in 4 women experience sexual assault so I would deem it a pretty valid and reasonable thing to prepare for.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

The sentence was disgusting. The judge is an idiot. Cant say I'm surprised in the bay area though. It's definitely more liberal than most. It's cool to be against "incarceration" so of course the actual criminal is the "victim" here. It's all about his life and how the punishment will impact his future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    It's a possible outcome. Just as I prepare for accidents when I drive. And, as "statistics" are commonly reported, 1 in 4 women experience sexual assault so I would deem it a pretty valid and reasonable thing to prepare for.
    Funny thing is, that women are conditioned to prepare for it. But things happen when you start to feel safe, or when you least expect it.

You can be prepared for an accident all you wish, but nothing will prepare you for an 18 wheeler that blows through a traffic light. Sometimes, being prepared will fail you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    The sentence was disgusting. The judge is an idiot. Cant say I'm surprised in the bay area though. It's definitely more liberal than most. It's cool to be against "incarceration" so of course the actual criminal is the "victim" here. It's all about his life and how the punishment will impact his future.
    I scoff at you. *Scoff, Scoff*

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fairly well understood by most that going on the sex offender registry is a pretty fucking massive punishment, regardless of the jail term. Being a sexual felon means you'll probably never get a good job, your neighbors will actively avoid you if they don't actively hate you and try to prevent you from being in their neighborhood, etc. Many of your family and friends may turn away from you. 6 months in prison or not, he'll be paying for this the rest of his life.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I think it's hard to get work visas in other countries if you're a felon in the US. Probably even harder if you're a registered sex offender felon.
    Well. It's easy if you're a refugee going to Europe. Just say you "lost the documents".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fairly well understood by most that going on the sex offender registry is a pretty fucking massive punishment, regardless of the jail term. Being a sexual felon means you'll probably never get a good job, your neighbors will actively avoid you if they don't actively hate you and try to prevent you from being in their neighborhood, etc. Many of your family and friends may turn away from you. 6 months in prison or not, he'll be paying for this the rest of his life.
    You know as well as I do, that many won't rest until a rapist is given a public execution. Anything short of death will not satisfy many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which, as a rapist, he should be. This is still way too lenient.

People are acting like this is just normal college shenanigans. The guy's a violent rapist. He should spend the rest of his life trying to atone for that crime.

He sure raped the wrong girl. She wrote a 7 page letter that was read aloud in court. I only pasted a couple paragraphs below, it's all over the internet.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbake...QD7#.ncB3bgzvY

You don’t know me, but you’ve been inside me, and that’s why we’re here today.
    On January 17th, 2015, it was a quiet Saturday night at home. My dad made some dinner and I sat at the table with my younger sister who was visiting for the weekend. I was working full time and it was approaching my bed time. I planned to stay at home by myself, watch some TV and read, while she went to a party with her friends. Then, I decided it was my only night with her, I had nothing better to do, so why not, there’s a dumb party ten minutes from my house, I would go, dance like a fool, and embarrass my younger sister. On the way there, I joked that undergrad guys would have braces. My sister teased me for wearing a beige cardigan to a frat party like a librarian. I called myself “big mama”, because I knew I’d be the oldest one there. I made silly faces, let my guard down, and drank liquor too fast not factoring in that my tolerance had significantly lowered since college.
    The next thing I remember I was in a gurney in a hallway. I had dried blood and bandages on the backs of my hands and elbow. I thought maybe I had fallen and was in an admin office on campus. I was very calm and wondering where my sister was. A deputy explained I had been assaulted. I still remained calm, assured he was speaking to the wrong person. I knew no one at this party. When I was finally allowed to use the restroom, I pulled down the hospital pants they had given me, went to pull down my underwear, and felt nothing. I still remember the feeling of my hands touching my skin and grabbing nothing. I looked down and there was nothing. The thin piece of fabric, the only thing between my vagina and anything else, was missing and everything inside me was silenced. I still don’t have words for that feeling. In order to keep breathing, I thought maybe the policemen used scissors to cut them off for evidence.

[more at link]

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some pretty lenient sentences before, for some lesser crimes, by very hard ass judges. of course, lenient in most cases, is a few years less. Goddam though, this is a fucking serious crime... its rape and murder that carry some of the heaviest punishments and heaviest hatred to the perpetrator. Much like the affluenza teen, this is an absolute joke.

That defense attorney better be paid a handsome sum, because that is some Rob Kardashian magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I agree with this. Parents should be teaching their sons that rape is disgusting and wrong. But that isn't an over night sort of thing. So in the meantime, while there are still rapists walking the streets, it is best to also teach daughters to be protected.

If for some reason I get suckered into having kids, and end up with a daughter, I will certainly be putting her in martial arts at a very young age, and insisting it continue until I feel comfortable with her ability to defend herself.
    BJJ and Judo and she is good to go, or combat sambo but thats hard to find. Add some boxing and you got a future MMA champ
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2016-06-08 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Well. It's easy if you're a refugee going to Europe. Just say you "lost the documents".
    That only brings you like 2 years in that country living together with all sorts of people in small halls with no privacy at all and then you would get deported. Not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which, as a rapist, he should be. This is still way too lenient.

People are acting like this is just normal college shenanigans. The guy's a violent rapist. He should spend the rest of his life trying to atone for that crime.
    I'm not denying that he should be punished as I said. I'm just saying that focusing entirely on the jail term ignores the fact that the majority of the punishment happens outside of jail.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10 years would be more reasonable. What is 6 months for that?? Did he steal a candybar or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.