Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Wait until criminals get a hold of one of these devices.
    Criminals already have had these type of devices for awhile, which is why replacing your leather billfold with one of those metallic card cases that make these types of devices utterly useless is a great idea.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the authorities seize money and people then have to go around spending time and money to prove that the money is theirs.

This is guaranteed to be abused by policemen for a variety of reasons and punish innocent who aren't law-savvy.
    Whoever approved the use of these devices should pay all the victims of this system an indemnification.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-06-08 at 10:14 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

In america law breaks you

Love it.

just watch as nobody opposes this and people get robbed blind for doing nothing other than looking suspicious to paranoid cops.

Whats next? Precrime department?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    In america law breaks you

Love it.

just watch as nobody opposes this and people get robbed blind for doing nothing other than looking suspicious to paranoid cops.

Whats next? Precrime department?
    Tennisace will be the department head.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Tennisace will be the department head.
    And we will call it 'progress' and the citizens will love it!

Next time you guys advocate Big Govt, keep this shit in mind.

Big Govt is behind this. Need cash to feed the fucking beast of growing govt that the Left keeps expanding.

And while your at it, try thinking about how you keep giving govt all this power to do shit and then try thinking how the fuck its gonna be used against you.

Holy fucking shit! the most ridiculous thing I have read for a long time. It will set a wonderful example for the rest of the world. God I knew I should have been a police.

ERAD group who provides the software and the scanners gets 7.7% of all money taken, seems legit..
    Only thing I could find on them real fast was its a small company of less than 10 people

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Only thing I could find on them real fast was its a small company of less than 10 people
    thats about to get rich as fuck

Big Govt is behind this. Need cash to feed the fucking beast of growing govt that the Left keeps expanding.

And while your at it, try thinking about how you keep giving govt all this power to do shit and then try thinking how the fuck its gonna be used against you.
    Both political parties are against any and all civil rights, (except the 2nd) and both political parties are in favor of total authoritarianism. What makes this a left/right issue, exactly? You think Republicans wouldn't expand law enforcement's grasp?

The Republican candidate has carried Oklahoma in every presidential election since 1968.

15+ Year Old Account

Say, how old is civil forfeiture? This is not introduced just yet, it´s based on an age old law.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

~1827 if I remember correctly

- - - Updated - - -

At least that was the year of the first supreme court case on the issue.

By the way: Defenders of civil forfeiture (as few as they are) like to argue that the SCOTUS rulings permit the practice. But all rulings I find only deal with whether it is ok, to seize someones property, even if he himself was not the one who used it to commit a crime. (For example: Husband uses wifes car to commit a crime, son uses parents house.) Which is only one of the probelmatic aspects of civil forfeiture. But in all those cases there still was a conviction of someone for a crime. Is there actually a ruling that can reasonable beseen as allowing seizure without any prove or even without any charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    This will make robbing rich people easier and more profitable than robbing a bank. Yeah, i can´t see how this could go wrong.

I don't think rich people walk around with prepaid visa's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    They really need to beef up property seizure laws to prevent shit like this.
    Or maybe just following the 4th Amendment to the Constitution which is the ultimate law of the USA.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized"

That's about as clear-cut as anything gets. Cops CAN'T seize people's stuff without a) Probable Cause and b) a Warrant.

Every cop, judge, prosecutor and legislator who ever supported any form of civil asset forfeiture should be stripped of their jobs and their pensions and barred from every working for the government again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Govt is behind this.
    Oklahoma
    Governor - Republican
    Lieutenant Governor - Republican
    House of Representatives - 71 Republican, 30 Democratic
    Senate - 39 Republican, 9 Democratic

Looks like the party of Small Government is behind it.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I don't think rich people walk around with prepaid visa's.
    "allows them to seize money in your bank account or on prepaid cards"

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Oklahoma
    Governor - Republican
    Lieutenant Governor - Republican
    House of Representatives - 71 Republican, 30 Democratic
    Senate - 39 Republican, 9 Democratic

Looks like the party of Small Government is behind it.
    There's big government Republicans too, in fact most of them are now and only pay lip service to the notions of small, limited government. That's been one of the major battles in the party for awhile, getting true believers in small government who stay that way once they're plugged into the sugar daddy system. Seems to be a near impossible task at times.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    There's big government Republicans too, in fact most of them are now and only pay lip service to the notions of small, limited government. That's been one of the major battles in the party for awhile, getting true believers in small government who stay that way once they're plugged into the sugar daddy system. Seems to be a near impossible task at times.
    There is always Ron Paul who was a republican.

There is always Ron Paul who was a republican.
    Ron Paul is retired and doing speaking engagements and other types of activities, and his son is definitely not cut from the same cloth. We'd need a small army of Ron Pauls to start seeing a difference, singular types are reduced to token gestures and protest votes in the mess that is the governmental/bureaucratic system.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    This is going to blow up in their faces. Some govmint redneck with a gun will start blowing away cops the moment this happens too them.
    The problem is that a scenario like this won't happen as long as said redneck isn't caught in it. "Criminals," black people, and anyone who isn't just like he is are fair game, just as it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Obama ordered this, and then got rid of a federal law prohibiting it while all these Republican states are clearly just taking a stand against it.

This is what happens when you stop funding shit while expecting police to work for free, by not holding cops accountable and training them, and from.... well yeah, being a fucking cheapskate and expecting the world to work for free.