Saudi threats, UN caves

A couple of days ago, UN finally showed the courage to put Saudi led coalition on blacklist for murdering over 500 children during their campaign in Yemen. It took UN a couple of days to once again prove its a useless organisation.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/middle...ren/index.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7073046.html
    http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...tion-blacklist

Beside economical threats, some sources claim that Saudi also made threats to make their top Imam announce UN an "un Islamic" organisation. So basically Saudi is using terrorism against not only members of UN, but also the institute itself. And every one wonders why ISIS exist and how to fight it. There's your clue.

Edit: added some new links
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-06-10 at 08:44 AM.

Why are they even allowed to be part of the UN again?

They were fighting a war with yemen, children dying in war cant be held against them when they were also receiving aggression. Saudi arabias war in yemen is the least of the problems I have with them.

The brilliance of Ban Ki-moon is that he met Saudi demands while still managing to tell the world that they murder children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    They were fighting a war with yemen, children dying in war cant be held against them when they were also receiving aggression. Saudi arabias war in yemen is the least of the problems I have with them.
    Not when they bomb Médecins Sans Frontières hospitals.

https://news.vice.com/article/exclus...but-faults-msf

The sad realisation when money is more important than morals. The UN was a joke before this, now they are a corrupt joke with double standards, and the chair of the Human Rights council is at the forefront of this farce. Colour me surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It would be held against the US if the US did it, or against Russia if Russia did it. Killing children can be held against you whether your cause is justified or not.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Saudi Arabia is core to many of the worlds big problems right now... its sickening that nobody has the balls to deal with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what you guys get for not buying American oil.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Why are they even allowed to be part of the UN again?
    Economics, plain and simple.

The US benefits a lot from the standard oil sale currency being the USD globally. Not to mention weapons export.
    Last edited by zealo; 2016-06-10 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Saudi Arabia is core to many of the worlds big problems right now... its sickening that nobody has the balls to deal with them.
    This.
    I mean if extremists see UN bend over by being bullied, is it a shock if they go the violent terrorism route to gain what they want?
    To defeat terrorism, we really need to get rid of these double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    The sad realisation when money is more important than morals. The UN was a joke before this, now they are a corrupt joke with double standards, and the chair of the Human Rights council is at the forefront of this farce. Colour me surprised.
    At no point in the history of trade commodities has it ever not been that way. With an over populated world and desensitisation to violence means I would be surprised if anyone actually genuinely cares outside of temporary outrage.

We don't negotiate with terrorists.
    Unless we have money to gain from it.

-UN