Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Ronald Reagan's Son: I'm Not Voting For Trump And Neither Would My Dad

06/06/2016

Michael Reagan, a son of former President Ronald Reagan, tweeted Monday that he won’t vote for Donald Trump and doesn’t think his late father would have supported the presumptive GOP nominee.

Reagan said he wouldn’t vote for Trump in the California primary on Tuesday. He followed that tweet with another that said that if his father were alive today, this would likely be the first time he wouldn’t back his party’s presidential candidate. Ronald Reagan, who remains one of history’s most popular Republican politicians, was president from 1981 to 1989. He died in 2004.

I will not be Voting for Trump tomorrow in the Calif.Primary..
    — Michael Reagan (@ReaganWorld) June 6, 2016

This most likely would be the 1st time if my father was alive that he would not support the nominee of the GOP @Reince @newsmax
    — Michael Reagan (@ReaganWorld) June 6, 2016

The backlash against Reagan’s comments came swiftly. In a message to a Twitter user’s criticism, Reagan called Trump “an embarrassment.“

Today’s Republican Party, Reagan tweeted, isn’t the same as when his father were alive. “My father would be saying I didn’t leave the GOP the GOP left me,” he tweeted in response to another critical comment.

Michael Reagan is the president of the Reagan Legacy Foundation, which celebrates his father’s accomplishments and advocates for issues he supported.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0b60682deb7e5
    It is clear Trump doesn't even represent Conservatism at all, but rather a bunch of White supremacists masquerading as Republicans.

...some GOP heads are going to explode between Reagan worship and Party worship. Hoboy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair the Republican Party has gone the distance Right over the last 30 years. Even Reagan would be considered "Too Left" for modern Conservatives.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Michael Regan is the stepson of Ronald Reagan.

Trying to stay relevant (if he ever was). Nothing new.

15+ Year Old Account
    He is right though. Both the Republican and Democratic parties have been moving further right, in general, for years. A lot of old Republican party ideas would be considered too liberal today. Hell, Nixon was the first president to try and get healthcare reform done until Watergate happened. Now that a Democrat tried and (kind of) succeeded with a (watered down) version of healthcare reform, Republicans are falling all over each other to try and repeal it. It's sad really. It's the extreme changes to the party that turned me away from them. I considered myself independent for years, but now I can't ever see voting Republican as its just not the same party any more.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

You changed your avatar pretty quick. Did the life of a magical girl not suit you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    ...some GOP heads are going to explode between Reagan worship and Party worship. Hoboy.
    Most GOP supporters don't want to vote for Trump either, but they REALLY don't want to vote for Hillary. The majority of the country would rather vote for neither, but unfortunately they are the candidates. It's not really republican vs. democrat any more at this point, apart from merely on the shallow surface. For most people it is coming down to a decision between the lesser of the two evils. How did we even get to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You changed your avatar pretty quick. Did the life of a magical girl not suit you?
    I thought he had done that from losing a bet or something.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Most GOP supporters don't want to vote for Trump either, but they REALLY don't want to vote for Hillary. The majority of the country would rather vote for neither, but unfortunately they are the candidates. It's not really republican vs. democrat any more at this point, apart from merely on the shallow surface. For most people it is coming down to a decision between the lesser of the two evils. How did we even get to this point?

This. They will publicly say they wont vote for him but they will when it comes down to it because how corrupt Clinton is.

Hmm. It really is a wonder how threads that start like that remain open. I guess Endus must have missed this one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I lost a bet.

Time expired on my loser obligation.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we supposed to dump Trump because a terribly overrated President's son said so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the same son who took to the airwaves to deny the very popular rumor that his own father, Ronald Reagan, didn't recognize him?

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    It is clear Trump doesn't even represent Conservatism at all, but rather a bunch of White supremacists masquerading as Republicans.
    Yup, today's Democrats are far more inline with the values of the early GOP (Lincoln era). Funny how that works, isn't it.

The GOP is DEAD, good riddance.

Not a Stepson. Adopted Son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adoptive son. He was adopted by Reagan and his first wife, Jane Wyman. They also had a daughter, Maureen Reagan (died 2001).

The other two children, Ron and Patti, were with his second wife, Nancy.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Are we supposed to dump Trump because a terribly overrated President's son said so?
    Well one cant really worship Reagan and then simultaneously go for someone Reagan wouldnt have gone for. Kinda contradictory, or at least makes their Reaganism insincere.

and a kid / step kid (that wasnt on bad terms with their folks) is highly likely to know the beliefs of their parents so..

If you dont suffer from Reagan worship syndrome, then this shouldnt mean much.

I lost a bet.

Time expired on my loser obligation.
    Wow, mark the occasion on your calendars everyone. I was right about something.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Not a Stepson. Adopted Son.
    Doesn't it mean the same thing?

Of course he wouldn't, hes dead.
    Kids these days...
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV