Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Umm, so I loved me some Skyrim, but that money could (and should) be diverted to Elder Scrolls 6 at this point. Think of the money they would use for the Skyrim remaster as the funds to do a ton of play/bug testing long before the damn game got to market.
    Remasters are not typically handled in house by the studio that made the game, if it exists it's likely not taking effort away from their next project in the least you do understand this right?

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. Vanilla Skyrim ( as well as all Bethesda games ) are shit.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I just want more and more substantial DLC. Can we please go out and kick some Thalmor ass?
    Nope - A "delightful" part of Skyrim's "terrific" story, was the complete pointless DLC's with stories that no one wanted, instead of DLC's with stories that people *actually* wanted, like the Thalmor, like some sort of reaction to the assassination of the Emperor,- really just ANYTHING even remotely imporant, but nope - vampires and Cthulhu-dragon priests in Morrowind 2.0.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Skyrim remaster makes no sense. As for Morrowind, that's already being done, albeit at a rather slow pace as a conversion mod for Skyrim. Look up Skywind.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

why would they even bother to remaster skyrim, the game isnt even that old. plus there are tons of mods out there to enhance it anyways... lol

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    SKyrim was terrible, remake morrowind
    Agreed, but remaster morrowinds terrible combat system and add voice acting( don't really wanna read 4 books worth of text while I play a game)

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Skyrim remaster makes no sense. As for Morrowind, that's already being done, albeit at a rather slow pace as a conversion mod for Skyrim. Look up Skywind.
    Projects like that are never finished. Know why? Because either the dudes working on it start to not care anymore, or if they're really good they get actual job offers and start to not care.

Always humorous when people bring them up. Large scale mod projects almost never work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I hope not. Vanilla Skyrim ( as well as all Bethesda games ) are shit.
    They should get some tips from obsidian or cd project red on how to make single player RPGs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hm, seems odd really, when you can, pretty much, just make a mod that "remasters" Skyrim.
    well to put it this way, with a remastered edition you can now Modify the script a lot more efficiently than before, SKyrim's papyrus script is infamously bad in the modding community, so a slightly updated Engine with say Fallout 4's quality could give a nice boost to the capabilities of modders resources.

Also, it'll save a ton of time for needing to install all of those scenery mods when the game has been updated to more modern standards. Let's just hope they included new static mesh's if this turns out to be true.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This. So much. But I think they're expecting the skywind team to do it for them and they're already half way with a skyrim port due to them doing most of it before starting development on fallout 4.

But yeah. A morrowind overhaul would be something I'd gladly welcome.
    Agreed, as much as I love Skyrim I feel it's too recent to be remastered, I can play it and it doesn't feel too dated but with Morrowind it shows its age, not only in terms of graphics, but gameplay. Hell, I'd even prefer an Oblivion remaster before Skyrim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    They should get some tips from obsidian or cd project red on how to make single player RPGs
    That would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Remasters are not typically handled in house by the studio that made the game, if it exists it's likely not taking effort away from their next project in the least you do understand this right?
    Did I say anything about the making? I didn't...I spoke of the funds. Whether handled in-house or not....that money could be spent elsewhere....like what I stated above.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

The reason it is getting a "remaster" is for mod support on consoles and because they had to update a ton of it for xboxone anyway, so the work is pretty much done.

That is why. nothing crazy. MRMATTYPLAYS has a video on it on youtube.

It's likely just a re-release on PS4/Xbone, in tradition with the current sales tactic of selling the audience the same game twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Agreed, as much as I love Skyrim I feel it's too recent to be remastered, I can play it and it doesn't feel too dated but with Morrowind it shows its age, not only in terms of graphics, but gameplay. Hell, I'd even prefer an Oblivion remaster before Skyrim.
    While I agree on both counts, Morrowind and Oblivion are using completely different engines compared to Skyrim (Oblivion less so because its the Gamebryo engine, Skyrim's being heavily modified). You would essentially need to remake the entire game in both cases to get the same fidelity standard as Skyrim or Fallout 4, which is too much time spent on a fan service remaster.

Skyrim is still running their current engine in their dev studio, just a slightly weaker variant of the Fallout 4 engine, its easier to 'remaster' a project like Skyrim because the assets are already currently available, the only changes they would make are asset polygon counts and texture sizes, most of these things can be done with mods, but can be tedious when done so. Bethesda doing an overhaul of Skyrim would take less time than remaking Morrowind or Oblivion, time they would probably use to make Elder Scrolls VI.

Plus, from a business standpoint Skyrim was hugely successful, they probably want to re capitalize on that by unveiling a remastered edition. And maybe theyll include new DLC this time around? who knows.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Why even remaster skryim, its not that old, still decent graphics and you can get it better with mods. They should remaster morrowind or something instead then.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would take some significant type of overhaul for me to get it again. The only thing I could actually see Skyrim being remastered for is the current consoles, it ran like shit on the PS3 for a long time.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Yea, I'm pretty sure this is primarily targeted for consoles. I seem to recall hearing they had already upgraded Skyrim to work with the current gen as part of the investigative work they did for Fallout 4. Seems like a good business decision; low risk for potentially high return. Doing a Morrowind remaster makes no sense for Bethesda.

Is this just for consoles? Because Fallout 4 on PC doesn't look much better than Skyrim since it runs on the same engine, you can go a long way with modding to replace textures and improve lighting of course but Skyrim looks like Skyrim. Unless they were moving to a new engine I don't see what they can do, aside from a current gen console release.

Wheres the next Elder Scrolls game following Skyrim? That's what I wanna see.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Why do people buy into remaster cancer to begin with. What could compel someone to buy Skyrim again. As people stated previously, maybe remastering their old clunkier titles to a more modern standard would've even had me a little interested; but this is a bethesda we're talking about so, yeah, nah.