Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Today i had someone call me noob....after i killed him from behind....i'll admit, he owned me in the dogfights (have to train them more) buuuuut...i got a honorable mention on the endscreen, he not.

I laughed so hard.

Then he went the normal way of avoid this player. I use this pretty much but never say something, dont need to fuel their fire.

Also find it rather funny if they win and write gg ez....yeah....in the last second of overtime, really EZ....XD

mhm i've been called toxic before, mostly by bad players tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's not. Clearly.

beep boop beep, lmfao love it <3
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Today i had someone call me noob....after i killed him from behind....i'll admit, he owned me in the dogfights (have to train them more) buuuuut...i got a honorable mention on the endscreen, he not.

I laughed so hard.

Then he went the normal way of avoid this player. I use this pretty much but never say something, dont need to fuel their fire.

Also find it rather funny if they win and write gg ez....yeah....in the last second of overtime, really EZ....XD
    It's worse when people say "gg" after a team gets stomped... it clearly was not a good game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    It's worse when people say "gg" after a team gets stomped... it clearly was not a good game
    lol these are rare sights tbh, its usually the winning team that says gg
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

The game is still pretty free from toxicity tbh. It'll probably get a lot worse eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    lol these are rare sights tbh, its usually the winning team that says gg
    yeah, that's what I meant; the winning team saying gg, non-sarcastically.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    yeah, that's what I meant; the winning team saying gg, non-sarcastically.
    So on this topic...it's very obvious when it is sarcastic or not appropriate. When you have completely wrecked someone? GG is not an appropriate response from the winner. It's just gloating. GG should only be used to be sincere when a match was well fought/close.

Regarding salt, sometimes I get salty...but usually it's when I suspect cheating, but have no way of knowing for sure. Sometimes I see replays where like...widows are shooting me from inside walls and even then I'm like...well...did the camera just derp or what? I'm not the greatest aimer in the game, so I have a hard time believing so many people are autosnap headshot champs.

I mean I watch people like Seagull and I know they exist, but there are not a hundred thousand seagulls in all my matches everynight so at some point seeing people do this every match gets a little absurd. Overall, it's just difficult to separate your wins from your losses b/c losses are more memorable. I have ~55% winrate, but it feels like I lose every match a lot of the time.

And to be fair, only winning every other match doesn't 'feel good' to be frank, but that seems to mean my matches are balanced. I too have games where I'm mowing down people with jump shots on Hanzo or killing millions of people with well lobbed rat grenades and I'm sure people are raging about me being a hacker somewhere.

Key point is to just bottle up that salt and rage and try not to let it out haha. When you do, all that happens is you get made fun of by everyone-including your team. Better to just move on.
    BAD WOLF

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So on this topic...it's very obvious when it is sarcastic or not appropriate. When you have completely wrecked someone? GG is not an appropriate response from the winner. It's just gloating. GG should only be used to be sincere when a match was well fought/close.
    I hear this all the time, and honestly, I don't understand this take at all. Literally every sporting event I have ever played in from when i was like 5 all the way through college (and even beer league hockey to this day) has ended with a handshake line where you say "good game" to everyone on the other team. Regardless if it was a 10-0 blowout or an incredible game that went to triple overtime. Its generally a nice, respectful thing to do, and in fact you are considered an asshole if you get off the ice/court/field without doing that. That tradition is obviously where saying "gg" after a game here and in other games comes from, but I am completely confused how that has somehow become a sign of disrespect when its been the exact opposite since long before online multiplier games were a thing. Idk, it seems like people trying to perceive a slight where none is intended. If you want to be rude about a win, there are literally thousands of better ways to do that than saying "good game"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    I hear this all the time, and honestly, I don't understand this take at all. Literally every sporting event I have ever played in from when i was like 5 all the way through college (and even beer league hockey to this day) has ended with a handshake line where you say "good game" to everyone on the other team.
    Yes, you are forced to overcome your disappointment or show humility in person by physical interacting in a congenial manner with another human being. I also played sports. However, none of that is present or possible in vide games. With total anonymity and no legitimate way of showing sincerity, it's just tacky. It became disrespect because of internet and gaming culture and how things like that are used.

It's a mockery of sportsmanship. Do not correlate things just for the sake of correlation.
    BAD WOLF

Regarding salt, sometimes I get salty...but usually it's when I suspect cheating, but have no way of knowing for sure. Sometimes I see replays where like...widows are shooting me from inside walls and even then I'm like...well...did the camera just derp or what? I'm not the greatest aimer in the game, so I have a hard time believing so many people are autosnap headshot champs.

I mean I watch people like Seagull and I know they exist, but there are not a hundred thousand seagulls in all my matches everynight so at some point seeing people do this every match gets a little absurd. Overall, it's just difficult to separate your wins from your losses b/c losses are more memorable. I have ~55% winrate, but it feels like I lose every match a lot of the time.

And to be fair, only winning every other match doesn't 'feel good' to be frank, but that seems to mean my matches are balanced. I too have games where I'm mowing down people with jump shots on Hanzo or killing millions of people with well lobbed rat grenades and I'm sure people are raging about me being a hacker somewhere.

Key point is to just bottle up that salt and rage and try not to let it out haha. When you do, all that happens is you get made fun of by everyone-including your team. Better to just move on.
    but why should I not say gg just bc your feelings might get hurt?

Deleted
    It's also funny how the winning team seems to have the right to say "gg" after a complete blow out, when everyone in the game knows there was nothing good about it, but when you say something like "bad/shit/pointless game", they get all uppity and start yelling at you, like you don't have equal right to express your feelings about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's also funny how the winning team seems to have the right to say "gg" after a complete blow out, when everyone in the game knows there was nothing good about it, but when you say something like "bad/shit/pointless game", they get all uppity and start yelling at you, like you don't have equal right to express your feelings about the game.
    saying gg is like the handshake at the end of a little league game.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you are forced to overcome your disappointment or show humility in person by physical interacting in a congenial manner with another human being. I also played sports. However, none of that is present or possible in vide games. With total anonymity and no legitimate way of showing sincerity, it's just tacky. It became disrespect because of internet and gaming culture and how things like that are used.

It's a mockery of sportsmanship. Do not correlate things just for the sake of correlation.
    I think thats a problem of perception though on your part. Like I said, if you want to mock the other team, isnt it far more effective to say "hah you guys suck" than to say gg and move on? If youre going to play the anonymity card, then thats way easier to do, whereas if you do that in a handshake line after a game, you are going to get punched in the face. theres just no reason to perceive anything said online to be an insult just because you cant see the person saying it. Idk, ive never taken gg as an insult or said it as one, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the outcome of the game, it seems silly to be bothered by it.

Also its patently ridiculous to claim there is no correlation between saying good game after a sporting event and after a video game. Sure in some cases in real life you know the person on the other team, but in most you don't I would say, and are so covered head to toe in pads/helmets so you can barely even see their face anyway, you may as well be anonymous for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too happy when people say "GG" after completely unfair match, but at least it's better than typing "gg ez".

Deleted
    In the character selection, before game starts:

He then proceeded to mute me as well.

Oh, and he explained Pharah is "broken as fuck", while gimping himself on a D.Va.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think thats a problem of perception though on your part.
    No, this would be a false ignorance to be quite honest. Use common sense. Why would a team that just decimated you spam GG at their earliest convenience? Surely they must mean it was a well fought and truly competitive match, no? Except that's right, it doesn't mean that at all. So why say it? To be an ass.

If there is any confusion whether it can be sincere, just be a decent human.
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    but why should I not say gg just bc your feelings might get hurt?
    You are totally free to be a dbag at your leisure. I'm merely saying what we all know from experience and common sense is true. And it's not my feelings, as I really don't care what is or isn't said. Sometimes I'll get salty, say something dumb, and leave. It happens.

I do not say GG when I win though, as it's just pathetic. If it truly was a good/close game, I'll actually say something like 'wow...that was a really close game. Good job everyone'...because then you know I'm being serious. The amount of bending over backwards to defend gloating or feigning ignorance is really dumb to be frank.

At least own up to being a jerk if you want to be one, otherwise we play these games with millions of other people with varying degrees of sensitivity and understanding. Care about that or don't, but don't be coy about it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Where does this playerbase come from?

Since the release ive seen shitloads of insults,wishing you die of diseases,fuck you etc after tryhards losing matches.
    LoL community or? Never played that and never will.

Called the internet.

I think thats a problem of perception though on your part. Like I said, if you want to mock the other team, isnt it far more effective to say "hah you guys suck" than to say gg and move on? If youre going to play the anonymity card, then thats way easier to do, whereas if you do that in a handshake line after a game, you are going to get punched in the face. theres just no reason to perceive anything said online to be an insult just because you cant see the person saying it. Idk, ive never taken gg as an insult or said it as one, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the outcome of the game, it seems silly to be bothered by it.

Also its patently ridiculous to claim there is no correlation between saying good game after a sporting event and after a video game. Sure in some cases in real life you know the person on the other team, but in most you don't I would say, and are so covered head to toe in pads/helmets so you can barely even see their face anyway, you may as well be anonymous for the most part.
    I'm sure some people don't intend for it to be insulting but it's still patronizing nonetheless. Was it really a good game? No, it wasn't and we both know that. I see where you're coming from, but to me, it's different than in real life or even competitive gaming/tournaments where there is mutual respect, as opposed to a random pub lobby.

And I'm mostly talking about games where the losing team never even make it out of their spawn.
    Last edited by Snackpack; 2016-06-20 at 07:29 PM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, this would be a false ignorance to be quite honest. Use common sense. Why would a team that just decimated you spam GG at their earliest convenience? Surely they must mean it was a well fought and truly competitive match, no? Except that's right, it doesn't mean that at all. So why say it? To be an ass.

If there is any confusion whether it can be sincere, just be a decent human.
    The problem though is you seem to be implying its something that everyone says after a blowout win and never after a close game though, or at least disproportionately in favor of the former, which as far as i can tell is no where near the reality of the situation. I mean every game I play a couple people say gg afterwards and most don't, its not like it happens more often after a big win than a close game not like its more the winning or losing team that says it, its a pretty even distribution after like every single game. its just something you type after a game, more because its just what you do not because theres any strong meaning behind it either good or bad. it just seems strange to me for someone to get all worked up about what ive basically known my whole life as a sign of respect, although potentially not a super meaningful one