Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

I knew the Warcraft movie would be a hit!

Every time the movie opens in a new region, it smashes the box office. I can't wait to see how well it'll do in the US!

It's just a rehash of Orcs vs. Humans. How good could it really be?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's very good that it's doing so well financially. For one, it means renewed focus on the game of WoW. Also, it means there will likely be a sequel or two, which means we could eventually get some bigtime movie
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    It's just a rehash of Orcs vs. Humans. How good could it really be?
    Good enough to put these silly things like the good humans versus the bad beasts away for good.

After viewing Warcraft twice I hate the Hobbit trilogy even more.

The Warcraft Cult in movies is now a certified fact. Great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Every time the movie opens in a new region, it smashes the box office. I can't wait to see how well it'll do in the US!
    I bet it has nothing to do with all the addons most countries get, like 1 months sub, main game and all expansions, like in France. Or T-Mobile giving away free film tickets to every customer.
    Question is who pays for that. Did Blizz play different other companies off each other to make them pay for it, or is Blizzard giving that stuff away. They could be making more money from franchising it, like Lucas did with the films that shall not be named, than from the tickets alone.

Chinese ticket sales are also only valued up to 25% of all other ticket sales, because the chinese law forbids any foreign company to get more then 25% of the revenue. So 100 million in china is like 25 million in the US, at best.

The film will make a profit, like "Genisys" did, but not a huge one, overall, at least not for the studio. It will cement their foothold in China though, so that is good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
    I bet it has nothing to do with all the addons most countries get, like 1 months sub, main game and all expansions, like in France. Or T-Mobile giving away free film tickets to every customer.
    Question is who pays for that.
    Ahahaha, some people will just always find excuses. Living in the nile!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap China carried hardcore... 45 million bucks in one day... This thing gonna make Blizz and Legendary swim in moneyzzz.

$30 million "world"-wide compared to $80 million made by X-Men: Apocalypse in the U.S., both opening weekend... Um...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    $30 million "world"-wide compared to $80 million made by X-Men: Apocalypse in the U.S., both opening weekend... Um...
    And who cares? They already almost broke even. I bet they will in a day or two and then it's pure profit.

Also comparing Warcraft to X-Men... yeah right. It's like comparing some shit noname school movie made by kindergartners to frikkin' Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And who cares? They already almost broke even. I bet they will in a day or two and then it's pure profit.
    Deadpool made profit within a few hours opening night. Apocalypse made profit within the first week. And here is Warcraft weeks later just barely breaking even.

Where are you getting your information?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=warcraft.htm

I'm seeing $168 million foreign box office which is unreal. It hasn't even opened in the US or Canada yet.

Speaking of Canada, I'm going in IMAX 3D in about half an hour. Fucking hype

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Warcraft hasn't released in the US yet.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deadpool made profit within a few hours opening night. Apocalypse made profit within the first week. And here is Warcraft weeks later just barely breaking even.
    Didn't even open in the west yet....

Deleted
    WARCRAFT 77,136,916

*Excluding USA, Canada and territories where Universal Pictures International and its partners have no distribution rights

Deleted
    you might want to check your facts, warcraft is not even out yet world wide, and made 44 million in china alone on opening day.

How many threads do we need, can a global mod please merge em?
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2016-06-09 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Good enough to put these silly things like the good humans versus the bad beasts away for good.

After viewing Warcraft twice I hate the Hobbit trilogy even more.

The Warcraft Cult in movies is now a certified fact. Great.
    Lol it's a certified fact is it? Nearly all of its current box office sales are accounted for in China, where it was the widest-released movie of all time. Chinese box office sales are meaningless when you're talking about global revenues since their tax laws are crazy.

It needs to gross $400 million to just break even. It's nowhere near those numbers, and isn't expected to pull in all that much in the North American market. As far as we can tell at this point it's still struggling to even reach the black.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jordyverk View Post
    you might want to check your facts, warcraft is not even out yet world wide, and made 44 million in china alone on opening day.
    $44 million which is worth about $11 million when you're talking about global revenues. Chinese box office sales are recorded separately for a reason.

Again, it needs to reach $400 million to break even. Right now it hasn't even covered its production costs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apocalypse opened well under projections (fourth lowest of the various X-men films). Comparing Deadpool, which had a $30 million dollar budget (less than a third of Warcraft's) is grasping for straws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    How many threads do we need, can a golobal mod please merge em?
    Well considering they allow 25+ 'vanilla servers plz' topics to exist at any given time, you probably shouldn't hold your breath.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Apocalypse opened well under projections (fourth lowest of the various X-men films). Comparing Deadpool, which had a $30 million dollar budget (less than a third of Warcraft's) is grasping for straws.
    All you're really saying is that Warcraft's budget was grossly over-inflated. If its budget was warranted it wouldn't make a difference because enough people would be flocking to theatres to recoup that cost.

Right now it's not breaking even. NA predictions are poor. It will be lucky to break even at the end of the day.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    WARCRAFT 77,136,916

*Excluding USA, Canada and territories where Universal Pictures International and its partners have no distribution rights
    All this time and STILL less than X-Men Apocalypse's opening weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Comparing Deadpool, which had a $30 million dollar budget (less than a third of Warcraft's) is grasping for straws.
    Deadpool had a $50 million budget. What was it you were saying???