This Situation Sucks!

You ever been in a situation you can't get yourself out of? This one isn't even my fault. See about two years ago my father past away from heart failure. He was a simple man and didn't have much. Well he did have a motorcycle. A Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider to be exact. As the oldest son I had it transported to my house. Turns out he didn't own it free and clear. I made some payments and didn't see the harm until the registration expired and I couldn't do anything.

So the other day they come to my house without my knowing and take the motorcycle. I make a few calls but no one will talk to me because I am just this mans son and I have no rights. Well my mother and his wife has refused to do anything in fear that she would be taking on my fathers other debts in addition to this one. The funny part is she could have done something for me for this for over a year but out of selfishness I lost the only item of my fathers that I got after his passing.

In another 10 days the bike will be auctioned and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I am not in the financial position to pay it off. I just got done repairing my home this year so my wife and I are tapped. I really don't know what to do. What makes this even worse is that the place that refused to talk to me was fine with taking payments for a dead mans item. They should of been upfront with me and not lied to me.

A bit of a rewind. I was told of another option when I started making payments called a Rider to Rider transfer loan. I applied and was approved for more then what was required to take on the remainder of the loan myself. With a better interest rate. Oh but guess what they didn't tell me? It couldn't be done till my mom signed a piece of paper giving me the right to do it. Well she still hasn't even gotten Power of Attorney of his estate. Hasn't even started and that takes at the very least 3 months. Even if I could paid it off or burrow the money they tell me the title goes to a dead man and no one has legal rights to do anything with it right now.

So this last piece of my father that I had to hold on to and remind me of him has been taken from me and looks like it will be lost forever. I don't really know why I am posting here. Guess I just need to vent in a place being judged doesn't really matter. Just really mad, sad, and confused right now. No one wants to help but everyone has their hand out. I got 10 days.... Then goodbye.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks man. I hope that you learn from the situation and sort out PoA and wills for yourself and your wife while you're still healthy. Not sorting things out beforehand puts a huge burden on the people you leave behind.

How much is owed on the bike?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I am surprised you didn't get bills in his mail for it