Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm happy about that
    I'd have prefered Ashran, Tol'Barad, Wintergrasp, Isle of Conquest, Strand of the Ancient and the MoP battlegrounds not to ever exist, they're all awful, the only expansion that brought good battlegrounds to the game was Cataclysm.
    The higher the chances to be matched into Warsong Gulch / Twin Peaks / Gilneas are, the happier I am

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Numbers don't matter if the gameplay is terrible and not fun.
    Yes...and I'm sure getting ripped apart in seconds by a OP DH or playing a Unholy with almost no sustaining ability while getting beaten by a Fury who heals like a champ doesn't affect fun at all?

Sorry you probably got your ass kicked a few times and say PvP isn't *fun*...but just because you don't find it fun doesn't mean others don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    I'm happy about that
    I'd have prefered Ashran, Tol'Barad, Wintergrasp, Isle of Conquest, Strand of the Ancient and the MoP battlegrounds not to ever exist, they're all awful, the only expansion that brought good battlegrounds to the game was Cataclysm.
    The higher the chances to be matched into Warsong Gulch / Twin Peaks / Gilneas are, the happier I am
    Not all of those were bad...so your idea of fun is more of the same? Sounds like all you want is capture the flag/capture the point...the most generic BG's in the game...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoyed the early incarnations of Assram (except the untouchable lag-shielded bosses). And two of my all time favorite pvp moments happened in Wintergrasp. Ive had far more mileage out of the world PVP zones than from BGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Small examples of upkeep neglect easily illustrate the relative indifference towards BGs in the mind of the Devs.

Like have they even bothered to add a clip mesh to that friggin tree stump in the middle of the WSG map so that ranged cant pillar hump it while murdering you and not losing themselves? That always annoyed me back when i actually still entered BGs.

no new bg's.... sigh...
    i would love to see something new, but that is a pipe dream at this point... with the recoloring of armor for alliance / horde and just switching them as "new gear" geez, that was lazy in WoD
    gets a bit old quick doing bg's that you have for years, especially with such heavy reliance on this new "artifact weapon" which doesn't even work in PvP... HAH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yes...and I'm sure getting ripped apart in seconds by a OP DH or playing a Unholy with almost no sustaining ability while getting beaten by a Fury who heals like a champ doesn't affect fun at all?

Sorry you probably got your ass kicked a few times and say PvP isn't *fun*...but just because you don't find it fun doesn't mean others don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all of those were bad...so your idea of fun is more of the same? Sounds like all you want is capture the flag/capture the point...the most generic BG's in the game...
    I find battlegrounds that don't encourage fighting to be awful, I don't see the point of a PvP battleground if once you're in there you don't get to PvP at all
    Also, the more there are players, the more a battleground becomes a nobrainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find battlegrounds that don't encourage fighting to be awful, I don't see the point of a PvP battleground if once you're in there you don't get to PvP at all
    Also, the more there are players, the more a battleground becomes a nobrainer.
    So if all you want is mindless fighting duels aren't hard to find...

Why eliminate BG's that take skill and strat just for mindless fighting that can be done anywhere pretty much?

I bet you're one of those people who will toss away the objectives just to go fighting in mid...

Deleted
    So if all you want is mindless fighting duels aren't hard to find...

Why eliminate BG's that take skill and strat just for mindless fighting that can be done anywhere pretty much?

I bet you're one of those people who will toss away the objectives just to go fighting in mid...
    Duels are all but mindless

"BG's that take skill and strat"
    But they don't. Most of the skill in PvP is about playing your class and hitting the right buttons at the right moment

Yup, i'm one of those people who will just go for the fight in the middle of the map, that is also the most effective way to win, if you kill the whole ennemy team as soon as they spawn they might have an hard time going for the objective

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Stop making clueless comments please. You don't pvp, that's fine, just don't talk like you know the systems inside out because you are awfully wrong.

Pvp gear in legion doesnt scale up. Its ilvl is calculated the moment you get it based on your rating. 1700+ for normal raid ilvl gear, gladiator rating for mythic ilvl gear. Heroic somewhere in between.

Also, that 1% per 10ilvl you mentioned only works in instanced pvp and not in wpvp which you were talking about in the first place. In wpvp you'll have the full 100 ilvl difference.

BG "honor" gear is at 810 ilvl.
    Mythic tier from nighthold is at 905ilvl.
    wpvp doesent matter scalled wise, and again when i said "scales up" i mean your get better and better gear from doing more pvp, the higher your rating in pvp, the higher pvp gear you get ,all the way up to 900

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    You do realize that HoTS control is different by miles with WoW. That's why I put SMITE as the reference. What's with the f word? :/
    and yes its differant control schemes... so what... they would be way too close to make it worth it, as why, if you wanna play smite in wow, just play heros of the storm, the only difference between your example and heros of the storm is the control scheme, and the work they would need to do would not be worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Duels are all but mindless

"BG's that take skill and strat"
    But they don't. Most of the skill in PvP is about playing your class and hitting the right buttons at the right moment

Yup, i'm one of those people who will just go for the fight in the middle of the map, that is also the most effective way to win, if you kill the whole ennemy team as soon as they spawn they might have an hard time going for the objective
    And duels aren't?

You're a fool if you think pointless fights in the middle of nowhere on the map help anything but to rack up HK's. Hurray! You killed that lone Warrior! What about the 5 other players on the opposing team who sneaked by you to kill our flag carrier? But good for you...you ganked someone...really gonna win the game that way!

Deleted
    And duels aren't?

You're a fool if you think pointless fights in the middle of nowhere on the map help anything but to rack up HK's. Hurray! You killed that lone Warrior! What about the 5 other players on the opposing team who sneaked by you to kill our flag carrier? But good for you...you ganked someone...really gonna win the game that way!
    How could dead people play the objective exactly ? No players can sneak by me. They just die and end up being camped at the graveyard
    Even if I was to kill only one guy, one for one is even

10+ Year Old Account
    How could dead people play the objective exactly ? No players can sneak by me. They just die and end up being camped at the graveyard
    Some scrub who thinks fighting on the roads is a good idea is sure full of themself. Must have real hackz then to be able to teleport half way across the map and stop everyone...must have a nice iWin button!

Deleted
    Some scrub who thinks fighting on the roads is a good idea is sure full of themself. Must have real hackz then to be able to teleport half way across the map and stop everyone...must have a nice iWin button!
    Why would I need to teleport half way across the map when I just camp people in front of the graveyard ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I need to teleport half way across the map when I just camp people in front of the graveyard ?
    Why would I care what you say when it becomes more and more obvious you're just a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Pretty pointless for who? People who like pvp and like bgs, will still do bgs and continue to not give a crap about pve.

I lost my love for pve this xpac when my guild died due to 20 man only mythic. Since i came back to the game ive been strictly doing bgs and arenas, from my point of view dungeons and raids are pointless because its scripted content which eventually gets old.
    Pointless for people who run bgs to gear up

- - - Updated - - -

Actually wpvp could be very alive, TI was full of ilvl 588 dragonslayers cracking skulls
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    More like RIP PVP

I'm not subbing for Legion because I only PvP. For a few years it was alright but if Blizzard doesn't want to give me PvP content in WoW.. Well then god damnit I'll go play PvP content in Overwatch lol. In all seriousness I am done with WoW for good I believe. I probably played about 1 month of WoW in WoD. Legion seems to be shafting pvpers with the philosophy 'less is more' it seems. But hey! If you want to grind boring BGs, well I mean now you have to.. but hey we will give you stuff for grinding BGs!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'd much rather see the major existing BGs just be affected by seasonal changes. Eg, give me winter wonderland Arathi Basin.
    Yeah, I would just like to see several cosmetic maps per BG (e.g. similiar to how Quake and Unreal Tournament did). Having a nice variety of maps even though the game modes are the same is what made those games feel new for years for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Yeah, I would just like to see several cosmetic maps per BG (e.g. similiar to how Quake and Unreal Tournament did). Having a nice variety of maps even though the game modes are the same is what made those games feel new for years for me.
    A good addition as well, for the reskins... would be simply swapping the faction's start boxes.

As dumb as it sounds, after 11 years of always starting WSG on the South side of the map (barring occasional RBGs) I do still get throw off when I play from the North (typically Alliance) side of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm not looking forward to random bgs in legion. The new talent, gearing and player power system sucks the fun out of it.
    That's exactly my feelings, too. And for the love of God, I just don't get the people that go around saying "only 10% difference in gear, so much balance" while currently I can get the base pvp set in 1 week max and then grind my full conquest set as a casual in random BGs without problems, when in Legion if I don't do rated PvP and get top rating I will always be 10% behind.

Legion PvP makes WoD PvP look like a perfectly balanced piece of art. It's Beta, and I'm sure numbers are going down, but the work needed to get to that point without knee-jerk nerfing reactions is going to take a lot of work.

Months away from release and no significant adjustments to PvP. The mechanics are insane; casters are castrated and melee are as mobile as ever. Rogues, Blood DK's, Fury Wars, will hopefully they can just be brought down easily because knee jerk adjustment with the devs will gut these specs just as easily.

Some specs are gutted in terms of mechanics as well. Why are they trying to fix what's not broken? Destruction Locks is now a spamming instants spec, Frost Mage is an abomination, Elemental Shamans are...lol. Seriously, WoD was bad enough, this is worse. I don't know why Holinka still has a job. Casting long cast time spells are no rewards at all yet they keep adding cast times. While instants hit like trucks, and that is mostly from melee!

7+ Year Old Account
    In the time you waste grinding away at battlegrounds and complaining about them, you are wasting time that can be used to become a high ranking arena player and be recognized as someone who is actually good.

Too many stupid ass kids think they are good because they grind wins or achievements in BGs.

AND don't even get me started on HK farmers or Vanilla grind heroes.