10+ Year Old Account

was that really necessary?

I opened a thread to get advice on the merits of buying a particular piece of software on one platform or another and it was closed. I honestly don't give a shit about pc master race console war bullshit, seriously I could give a fuck less I have all 3. The thread was closed because of some fear that it would start some sort of nerd war between various gaming factions and I reject the implicit inference that such a thread would garner that kind of attention
    By this train of thinking any thread is open for partisan bullshit flame war so let's bam all threads
    It's dumb and it's over reach.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...le-or-computer

I'll also quote the moderator who closed it cause I think his or her response is hilarious.

Please do not post threads like this as it does nothing but encourages a PC VS Console flame war which aren't allowed on the forums. If you are wanting advice on PC Specs we have a separate forum for that, but comparing the two like that in a topic like this will end in nothing good
    Apparently the nerds who start these wars have bullied the staff to the point where the above is permissible. No it does not encourage it, all I wanted to know was it better to buy doom on pc or console given my rig. That's all. If people can't handle that then the issue is people and not the topic. The fact that you let them BULLY you into closing the thread is even more profound. Admittedly the title could have been changed but that's far different from closing the thread.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-06-10 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a question that could either go to the mod who closed the thread for an explanation or to a global.

Making threads to discuss moderation is not appropriate, nor is this a suggestion or feedback for the site.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |