Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was incredibly concerned about whether or not legion would have their "lords of war/Burdens of Shaohao", this is a really big relief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    There's no explicit explanation but from Maiev & Cordana's dialog implies that they're twin sisters, and that it might have been her impersonating Maiev.
    Aaaahhh.... weird, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Maiev is slated as one of the main characters.
    As for the events in Wolfheart, when players head up towards Black Rook Hold during questing, we find Jarod Shadowsong outside a little village of Gilneans where he says something to the effect that she would never have acted the way she did if she hadn't been under a "foul influence". Since I am not in the beta, I have no idea if this statement goes any further. Is Jarod indulging in wishful thinking ("OMG! My sweet big sis could never do such a thing!") or was she really drugged or mind controlled or something? No idea.
    Well if there's at least a handwave explanation then I can let it slide then.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaahhh.... weird, thanks.
    If that's the case, that would be odd. I had been under the impression that Corodna was driven to the dark side by that evil orb thing you get your hands on to help free Garona, with it warping her mind or something before she can destroy it properly. If this is the case, then she would have been evil for a year or two before then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Well if there's at least a handwave explanation then I can let it slide then.
    You know, these kind of explanations bug the Hell out of me. Really half assed and kill every potential development or actions the character has been through with a 'wave of the wizard that did it'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I have found so much WoW hentai, and the worst part is that i'm never looking for it, just looking for Fanart
    send some links
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    If that's the case, that would be odd. I had been under the impression that Corodna was driven to the dark side by that evil orb thing you get your hands on to help free Garona, with it warping her mind or something before she can destroy it properly. If this is the case, then she would have been evil for a year or two before then.
    Yeah, I'm not digging the "evil twin" angle myself here.
    I'm sure this isn't the first time that Blizzard regrets letting the events in a Richard Knaak book become canon, but this isn't the way to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    You know, these kind of explanations bug the Hell out of me. Really half assed and kill every potential development or actions the character has been through with a 'wave of the wizard that did it'.
    I'm not happy with it either, but at the same time I'm relieved they at least bothered to acknowledge it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    http://www.millenium.org/wow/legion/...-dessin-145067

It's a night elf according to the French.
    That makes a lot more sense. Blizzplanet must be the one which made the mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    send some links
    Just look for BE fan art or Sylvanas / jaina Fan art, or just add to races names or important lore characters and put an X between their names

Deleted
    By the way what's up with Maiev in Legion? Did...did everyone just forget she went insane and was murdering Highborne and tried to kill Malfurion in Wolfheart or was that addressed somewhere?
    when I found out that she will return in Legion but not as a crazy villain I was like

I WANT HER DEAD DEAD

By the way what's up with Maiev in Legion? Did...did everyone just forget she went insane and was murdering Highborne and tried to kill Malfurion in Wolfheart or was that addressed somewhere?
    appearently they are going with the orb she found during WC3 made her insane.(least her brother thinks it did)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    appearently they are going with the orb she found during WC3 made her insane.(least her brother thinks it did)
    why blizzard why

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    why blizzard why
    At least that is not an explanation that someone made up and pulled out of their ass. It comes straight from W3 and has long been one of those well-loved fan theories. The orb drove Gul'dan to keep going deeper into the Tomb after the Eye and then in its turn, drove Maiev to madness following Illidan at whatever cost.

Deleted
    At least that is not an explanation that someone made up and pulled out of their ass. It comes straight from W3 and has long been one of those well-loved fan theories. The orb drove Gul'dan to keep going deeper into the Tomb after the Eye and then in its turn, drove Maiev to madness following Illidan at whatever cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    There's no explicit explanation but from Maiev & Cordana's dialog implies that they're twin sisters, and that it might have been her impersonating Maiev.
    im pretty sure Maiev(or Cordana, idr which) calling the other "sister" is as literal as Tirion calling Bolvar "brother" at the end of Icecrown, sisters in the fact that they're both watchers/brothers in the fact that they're both paladins, same calling, no blood ties, also, remember that Maiev's last name is Shadowsong, and she never had a reason to change it, why would her biological sister change her surname when her(their?) brother didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Phazeblade View Post
    im pretty sure Maiev(or Cordana, idr which) calling the other "sister" is as literal as Tirion calling Bolvar "brother" at the end of Icecrown, sisters in the fact that they're both watchers/brothers in the fact that they're both paladins, same calling, no blood ties, also, remember that Maiev's last name is Shadowsong, and she never had a reason to change it, why would her biological sister change her surname when her(their?) brother didn't
    Felsong is a pretty weird name in general for a night elf IMO. I thought it was added in Legion with her going evil, but I just checked in WoD and the last name is there, never really thought about it until now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Felsong is a pretty weird name in general for a night elf IMO. I thought it was added in Legion with her going evil, but I just checked in WoD and the last name is there, never really thought about it until now.
    ...and "Cordana Felsong" was a randomly-generated hero unit on night elf maps in Warcraft 3, so she and her name goes back way farther than that.

Why would they be sisters, they have totally different last names? Phazeblades post seems most likely.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

5 cents says the new high elf is Allari the Souleater.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    By consuming fel magic, to get the necessary power to do so, using any means necessary? That is pretty much poster blood elven mindset. High elves are the stuck up ones that refused to use Rommath teaching to get mana from vermin, because they considered it unethical, that is their core, their defining feature, take that away and they are pretty much nothing.
    Doing something that another culture does does not suddenly make you a part of that culture. As was said, the main reason Kael renamed them to blood elves in recognition of the massacre at the hands of Arthas.

If I started drinking wine with every meal and kissing people as a greeting, am I suddenly French? No, I'd just be a weirdo trying to emulate French culture. The same thing applies here, to an extent. Even high elves can have a change of heart and decide that using fel against the demons is the most effective way to combat them. That doesn't suddenly make them part of blood elven culture, just someone who accepts it as being the right way.