Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The idea of gathering as main professions and not secondary ones is so 2004.

Blizzard dedicated a whole team for this in Legion and they couldn't find a solution for this 12 years old problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    The other means are not optimal, they aren't even 50% of Optimal according to people who tested it. Blizzard themselves like to spout how people do whats optimal so again I ask, are they forcing us into 1 Crafting 1 Gathering?
    Yes cause you was never supposed to go double gather and funnel.... people did that nevertheless so thats your well deserved punishment
    <- Crafting/Gathering since Vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    All they have to do is make them BoA. Problem solved.
    No it wouldnt at all....

Well you shouldn't be double gatherer on your main. That makes no sense. I don't particularly care much about what happens with this though.
    You can always vendor it if you don't need it.
    That's what you would do with anything else.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    1. You have to have one character (alts are bad, don't play alts, if you will, we will punish you in that both your main and your alts will have weak artifacts, weak reps and a very subpar profession progress where your recipes are rank 1 instead of rank 3 and where you plain don't have recipes you'd have if you played a single char, so don't play alts).
    WELL people cried like crazy about alt runs so now you get Legion as a result where having alts is "bad"....

2. That character has to have one gathering profession (if you don't have it, we will punish you by not giving you bloods of sargeras, you'll have to leave off scraps, so please have it) and one crafting profession (if you don't have it, we will punish you by making your bloods useless, LOL... so please have a crafting profession, too).
    They are going too far. Why the hell do they think it is fine to constantly dictate how to enjoy their game and put strict bounds on everything? They said themselves that WoW is a game of minorities with every minority thriving on doing *their own thing their own way*. Who the fuck thought forcing people who enjoy professions to fit into the above bounds is a good idea???
    No, the REAL solution to your problem is simple: Dont play Legion.

BoA is more sensible: Making it more flexible on the Player end while still keeping it from being a commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    Does enchanting require bloods as well? I have tailoring/enchanting on my Shadow Priest since Burning Crusade. Both have nearly every pattern in the game, I would REALLY hate to have to drop one or the other after working so hard to ensure I have all those patterns all these years...
    Enchanting requires very few BOS. If I recall from my beta character, you'd only use BOS to craft relics and to make one or two of the toys Enchanters can produce. For Enchanting, I suspect having BOS available via fishing and daily quests will be sufficient. Your challenge is going to be having enough Enchanting mats available.

Tailoring, on the other hand (like leatherworking, blacksmithing, and jewelcrafting) will require lots of BOS.

And everyone - crafters of all types, and gatherers - is going to need lots of BOS to make Obliterium in order to upgrade our own gear.

I'd be happy to run dungeons for an average of 1/5h of a BoP material off of the last boss. I'm not dropping either tailoring or enchanting to picking up one of herbing/mining/skinning only for the blood of sargeras and losing all my recipes.

Deleted
    I am not a fan of this change and hope it will be changed.
    I have like many others double crafting proffessions and 1 alt for gathering.
    If they want you to farm the bloods yourself you should be able to gather them on alts hence making a it BoA.

I guess we see alot more people fishing in Legion if it stays like this xD

Deleted
    I can totally see why this is necessary (*cough* bots *cough*), but I think they should at least allow us to pick up a gathering profession in addition to 2 crafting ones. For example a Rogue could pick Leatherworking, Alchemy AND Skinning.

I'm all for keeping them BoP though, it adds value to the items we are creating which is something WoD lacked.

The way I see this playing out though is that the rarity of crafted materials is going to escalate beyond "bots eliminated from the market" to "any crafter with rare recipes (most serious crafters) and dual crafting (most serious crafters)" eliminated from the market because they did the "I'm going to take my ball and go home".

I would say that waiting to see how the droprate from the Fishing Artifact is, before dooming crafting/crafting proffesions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes cause you was never supposed to go double gather and funnel.... people did that nevertheless so thats your well deserved punishment
    Obviously thats incorrect or Blizzard wouldn't have let us do it in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Stop ur moaning. Its the same god damn shit everytime a droppable or farmable item is needed for professions, some noobie whines about them not being boe .. having double gathering is great, but then you have little use for it, and you're basicly saying to the world that all u want to do is farm mats and sell them.

Having double crafting basicly says, the only reason u want the bop's to be boe's is so you can earn gold fast.

Get a life already.
    Incorrect for me atleast. 11 characters and I have every proffession maxed. I used double gatherers to supply my mains who run double crafting (because previously you needed to run double crafting for min/maxing because of blizzards design). I however would not drop my crafting proff as I have far too many unobtainable recipes learned.

As for making gold? Barely do I bother, I dont have the time investment to farm enough with gathering proff to sell enough to normally, normally I barely have enough to even do daily CD's (whilst still learning recipes/leveling etc). I think I gave away 200-500k gold in WoD before tokens came out between items, enchants and crafting mats I didnt need to help the guild out.

Also I generally prefer to play the game in a way which doesnt involve fighting for nodes everywhere for hours. I prefer to run dungeons/do quests and solo grind mobs and older content etc. So this kind of thing is what takes players out of wanting to do dungeons etc at max level, because now I feel like I need to do solo gathering instead. BoS would be much better to be put down as a 1 per last 5man heroic boss to time gate them and make dungeons much more relevant for longer (see TBC/Wrath/Cata).

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this discussion happens with every BoP crafting item in each expansion (if there is one), at least I remember it being an issue back in MoP.

So because some idiot at Blizzard "found the idea to be redundant" (while some other idiots were yelling at everyone to go gather in the world), I have to switch my professions to comply with their high standards?

It is me paying them a sub, not the other way around. Just saying.
    Is just saying some kind of "drop the mic" moment for you? Most people are pretty excited about the new profession system, especially after how... non-engaging WoD professions are. Don't freak out because it'll be slightly harder to be self sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No it wouldnt at all....
    Actually blizzard basically forced the game that way during TBC to end of Wrath by making gathering nearly worthless aside from gold and crafting required for min/maxing in both PvE and PvP. By going split gather/crafter you were not playing optimally. Theres reasons why almost every raider in TBC was a leatherworker for drums etc.

They should make the item BoA (Bind on Account) then we would be able to farm on an alt and mail it too our main. Thoughts?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I feel like this discussion happens with every BoP crafting item in each expansion (if there is one), at least I remember it being an issue back in MoP.
    Yes there was a discussion about Spirits of Harmony in MoP being BoP. The devs addressed the problem with Motes of Harmony and their drop rate from ANYTHING in Pandaria (with the unavoidable hotfixes of mob groups that were easily farmed). There aren't "Bloodbits of Sargeras" in Legion. Also, Blood of Sargeras is currently obtainable through GATHERING only (including fishing) and as reward from quests. There are no drops of Blood from mobs, with the possible exception of the shoulder enchant. A double crafter CANNOT farm those reliably as a single crafter/gatherer. Double gatherers will gather more, but they will have minimal uses for them. That's the problem and it is totally not like MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    So BoS will not be obtainable via dis-enchanting/prospecting?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    So BoS will not be obtainable via dis-enchanting/prospecting?
    Are obtained via world quests, gathering (I think can't remember if I had any drop while mining) and looting from mobs (if lucky)..

On to other things I have to decide whether or not to go herb/alchemist or mining/JCer since currently my main I have JCing/Alchemy..