Deleted

shadowplay recordings stuttering VLC

I currently have Overwatch running from a ram drive, Shadowplay temp file being saved to an M.2 Drive and the recordings being saved to a Mechanical drive.
    Shadow play quality settings are 60fps, in game res (1920x1080) and 50 bit rate, saving 10 min vids

Yet the replay videos stutter like crazy...
    anyone else have any ideas why this would be ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I currently have Overwatch running from a ram drive, Shadowplay temp file being saved to an M.2 Drive and the recordings being saved to a Mechanical drive.
    Shadow play quality settings are 60fps, in game res (1920x1080) and 50 bit rate, saving 10 min vids

Yet the replay videos stutter like crazy...
    anyone else have any ideas why this would be ?
    Try a different player, last I checked VLC isn't too friendly with 60FPS videos.
    Not 100% sure but try out Media Player Classic - Home Cinema

I THINK that plays 60FPS videos properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Try a different player, last I checked VLC isn't too friendly with 60FPS videos.
    Not 100% sure but try out Media Player Classic - Home Cinema

I THINK that plays 60FPS videos properly.
    thanks for the idea, just tried it but it is still stuttering like crazy, could it be that I have 100+ fps in game ? (vsync disabled)

Edit -
    Just tried with Vsync on capped at 60fps. video is less stuttery, but it is still there. However, on a kill can it is perfectly smooth.
    Very confused.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2016-06-12 at 01:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Try this fix, maybe it'll work.

Deleted
    seems to have fixed it a little bit. ill have a play round with VLC settings. Hopefull when i get round to putting the footage into vegas there wont be any stutter.

Deleted
    There is a possibilty that the footage is not being recorded very smoothly, granted you are recording to a seperate drive and are using lossy shadowplay, try other software like windows media player if you can.

Deleted
    seem to have sound the solution, Using Full Screen, Rather than Windowed Full Screen was the problem.

Cheers to the both of you for the pointers you gave, they helped eliminate the problem