Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    One of my good friends once said, his dream as a comedian will be to have a Jezebel article written about him. I guess the dream is now dead, I best send him my condolences.
    He still has time! Tell him to publicly disagree with a womynx ! That dreadful display of muh'soginy is bound to attract the writers of Jezebel.

Ah, few things are more evocative of the fabled freedom of speech than a crusade to shut up people whose speech just happen to not be to your liking (hint : for most people outside of...shall I say a very ardent political allegiance, the idea that Kotaku/Gawker are markedly ''leftist'' is risible)

But then, it's not new. In the only remotely genuine information that will come out of this thread, Jean-François Arouet never said that ''I disagree with you, but I will fight for your right to say so'' : he and his encyclopedists friends routinely petitionned Versailes to send to the Bastille critics saying mean thing about their works...

Deleted
    a momentous occasion, the intellectual and integrity - Lol - I couldn't even make myself finish that shit - Gawker is dead, and that is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ah, few things are more evocative of the fabled freedom of speech than a crusade to shut up people whose speech just happen to not be to your liking (about their works...
    ILLEGAL - They engaged in ILLEGAL shit.
    They are not being punished for wrong think, they are being punished for Illegalities.

Sorry to enter your guys's safe space. I just wanted to say I'm glad a site that triggered you has been removed. Have a good day!

Ah, few things are more evocative of the fabled freedom of speech than a crusade to shut up people whose speech just happen to not be to your liking (hint : for most people outside of...shall I say a very ardent political allegiance, the idea that Kotaku/Gawker are markedly ''leftist'' is risible)

But then, it's not new. In the only remotely genuine information that will come out of this thread, Jean-François Arouet never said that ''I disagree with you, but I will fight for your right to say so'' : he and his encyclopedists friends routinely petitionned Versailes to send to the Bastille critics saying mean thing about their works...
    Their platform is shutting down due to loss of funds because they broke the law. They're all able to freely speak now and after their company dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Sorry to enter your guys's safe space. I just wanted to say I'm glad a site that triggered you has been removed. Have a good day!
    Triggered, a word that truly has no meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    sucks for any decent people there that will lose their jobs (did gawker have any decent people? im not sure) but otherwise gawker will not be missed, good riddance.
    There's bound to be one or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's good news....
    Now onto the next, someone take TMZ out.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Gawker was a shit trashy gossip site catering to low life and gross degenerates. They served no purpose other than putting out trash.

They were sued and rightfully lost to hosting a sex tape they had no right's to, nor did they comply with court orders to cease and desist.

They weren't trailblazers or an important Fourth Wall against the government or speaking up for the little guy.

They served no other purpose than being a shit trashy click bait site that garnered money off the suffering of others.

Fuck em, and fuck those who support them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    a momentous occasion, the intellectual and integrity - Lol - I couldn't even make myself finish that shit - Gawker is dead, and that is good.

- - - Updated - - -

ILLEGAL - They engaged in ILLEGAL shit.
    They are not being punished for wrong think, they are being punished for Illegalities.

We have a French saying that is called ''le jupon dépasse'' (the skirt is showing, maybe). IE, the dislike for Gawker is badly hidden behind jabs toward Kotaku and Jezebel.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Their platform is shutting down due to loss of funds because they broke the law. They're all able to freely speak now and after their company dies.
    Might I warmly point out that others in this thread have indicated they'd be just as happy if other publications that (to my knowledge) have not engaged in illegal activities were also shut down? No, I shouldn't say that. It might make those people feel targeted in an unfair way. Good day friends!

Quote Originally Posted by TrigglyPuff View Post
    Gawker was a shit trashy gossip site catering to low life and gross degenerates. They served no purpose other than putting out trash.

They were sued and rightfully lost to hosting a sex tape they had no right's to, nor did they comply with court orders to cease and desist.

They weren't trailblazers or an important Fourth Wall against the government or speaking up for the little guy.

They served no other purpose than being a shit trashy click bait site that garnered money off the suffering of others.

Would you kindly definite what do you mean by ''degenerates'' and ''low lifes'' ? Because it goes without saying that people going to say, a random site that would just happen to be on the opposite side as Gawker are obviously intellectuals....

(My Jedi correspondance courses as well as common sense make that a fairly rhetorical request: the answer is quite obvious)

Quote Originally Posted by TrigglyPuff View Post
    Oh god, you've been triggered! I'm sorry. Nothing but happy thoughts in here. Happy thoughts. We're all friends. *pats*

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I hope Hogan gets a decent portion of his money.
    Hogan was bankrolled by a billionaire. Money well spent quite frankly.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

A relevant mockery for the situation : Daniel Defoe supposedly wrote one time that Englishmen hated poppery, but were not sure if the Pope was a horse or a man.

(Rather obviously, this statement have very little to do with Catholicism and/or England: it's a witticism about disliking with virulent hatred an individual/group, making of this hate the cornerstone of your life, while knowing very little about this....)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Hogan was bankrolled by a billionaire. Money well spent quite frankly.

I thus suppose that people would say the same thing if supposedly left leaning billionaires sued not supposedly right leaning sites under fallacious pretenses ? (It's funny to be lectured about freedom of speech with suits of millions of dollars for libel being routine in the United States, while Canadian laws against hate speech might lead to a fine of a few thousands canadian dollars...)

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2016-06-10 at 07:51 PM.

Would you kindly definite what do you mean by ''degenerates'' and ''low lifes'' ? Because it goes without saying that people going to say, a random site that would just happen to be on the opposite side as Gawker are obviously intellectuals....

(My Jedi correspondance courses as well as common sense make that a fairly rhetorical request: the answer is quite obvious)
    This post makes zero sense. "kindly definite" "it goes without saying that people going to say". Someone, please, translate this.

Kindly definite definitely define without people saying that people are going to say that saying something people say. Makes as much sense as what you just typed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Might I warmly point out that others in this thread have indicated they'd be just as happy if other publications that (to my knowledge) have not engaged in illegal activities were also shut down? No, I shouldn't say that. It might make those people feel targeted in an unfair way. Good day friends!
    Yeah, and I'm sure you wanted people to die in a moment of rage. Does that make you a murderer or advocate for murder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Kindly define Point taken.

Deleted
    We have a French saying that is called ''le jupon dépasse'' (the skirt is showing, maybe). IE, the dislike for Gawker is badly hidden behind jabs toward Kotaku and Jezebel.
    I honestly do not care - They were garbage i ignored before, and will simply continue to be garbage I ignore.
    I was pleased their illegalities did them in - If they had been done in for other reasons (like thought crime) i would have been slightly saddened.

(Rather obviously, this statement have very little to do with Catholicism and/or England: it's a witticism about disliking with virulent hatred an individual/group, making of this hate the cornerstone of your life, while knowing very little about this....)
    Hahahah jesus fuck the irony.

Come on guys, we are losing some serious journalism here.

Xekus, if you wish, please indicate a source that you find reliable and presumably to your tastes. Im sure it would be impossible to find discutable articles with clickbait titles-such things are clearly the exclusive domain of Kotaku....