Deleted

Coming back to World of Warcraft need some help.

Hello everyone i haven't played World of Warcraft since WOTLK.
    After a brief discussion with some friends i decided to start once again and give it a try for Legion.
    I don't really know the current status of the Game so i would like to know some information before starting
    over.
    I would like to know your opinion regarding class pick. I am keen on playing something that is definitely fun and enjoyable not necessarily OP class i don't mind if it's Melee or Ranged just worth playing. Also a race pick would be appreciated as well i don't mind if it's Alliance or Horde just something that will fit the theme of the class with wonderful animations.
    Moreover i would like to know what are some good professions/ways/quests to make some Gold cause i would like to make a good amount for Legion. As for the rest i will explore and find out myself..

Thank you for your time reading this looking forward to reading your opinions.

Cheers!!
    Last edited by mmoc2a7e62def4; 2016-06-10 at 06:08 PM.

Do you want to raid or pvp?

We can't really help you pick a class or race, everyone has different opinions. You're better off saving a character boost (that you get free buying Legion) and wait until the pre-patch hits with the class trial/boost thing. You'll get to test them with that, see what you like.

As for professions, there's currently NOTHING worth getting since you just make millions via the Garrison. If you want to get ready for Legion, pick whatever suits your class (so, Skin/LW for a Rogue, for example).

Deleted
    You are not supposed to ask for classpicks, race hardly matters, professions hardly make you money.

You have to play that char so you should create it.

Just one thing I can say for certain: Don't pick melee DPS if you want to do PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Just one thing I can say for certain: Don't pick melee DPS if you want to do PvE.
    I can agree with this, though. Unless you don't mind being a grip-bot and sat otherwise as a DK, or have really high mobility/good AoE (Outlaw Rogue) or... no that's pretty much it.

Deleted
    You are not supposed to ask for classpicks, race hardly matters, professions hardly make you money.

You have to play that char so you should create it.

Hey yeah im mostly into PVE but a little PVP from here and there would be lovely as well.
    I was told Ranged is the way to go in terms of DPS.
    I will definitely look into Garrisons and work my way through that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense. There are many kinds of players and many kinds of guilds and there's room for this person regardless of class choice.

I'd go on YouTube and look over all the class previews,as well as take a look at the WoW Legion site and see what appeals to you,where you're psyched to go try a spec out.
    Many look awesome to me personally,and a few of them are melee. Imagine that.

Not even worth your time to play before Legion. You'll have a hard time justifying to log on after two weeks max level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cam5778 View Post
    Not even worth your time to play before Legion. You'll have a hard time justifying to log on after two weeks max level.
    The OP didn't ask if it was worth coming back to WoW for live though, I think. The OP was asking for our opinion on what kind of character to play during Legion, not before.

On topic:
    As other people have said, it's really up to the individual. Play whatever race you enjoy the look of most. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to play the race you were back in Wrath. We all have those races that are sentimental to us. As for class, once again - what did you play back in Wrath? Melee, or ranged? Did you enjoy whatever you played? Or do you just want a change?

My last suggestion is to play a class that has more than one DPS spec. I'm assuming that's what you want to play, because only the DPS role has the choice between being ranged or melee. Generally, all healers are ranged, and all tanks are melee. So! If you want to play something as DPS, it might be smart to play a class that you could try the other specs of if your first spec choice doesn't fit your preferred playstyle. For example, if you roll a DPS priest but don't like Shadow, you're out of luck! But if you roll a Mage, you can switch between three completely different playstyles whenever you want to. (Granted, one is usually superior in terms of damage output, but even so. Choice is nice.)

Following the mage idea, they're awesome fun and have lots of useful abilities out of combat. Slow fall for exploring, teleports, conjuring food, etc. Plus, you can also try out having a permanent pet as Frost. If you like DoTs, go Fire. <Insert overused joke of Arcane having only one button to press>, go Arcane.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mmoccd0ef7e6a0; 2016-06-10 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    The OP didn't ask if it was worth coming back to WoW for live though, I think. The OP was asking for our opinion on what kind of character to play during Legion, not before.

On topic:
    As other people have said, it's really up to the individual. Play whatever race you enjoy the look of most. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to play the race you were back in Wrath. We all have those races that are sentimental to us. As for class, once again - what did you play back in Wrath? Melee, or ranged? Did you enjoy whatever you played? Or do you just want a change?

My last suggestion is to play a class that has more than one DPS spec. I'm assuming that's what you want to play, because only the DPS role has the choice between being ranged or melee. Generally, all healers are ranged, and all tanks are melee. So! If you want to play something as DPS, it might be smart to play a class that you could try the other specs of if your first spec choice doesn't fit your preferred playstyle. For example, if you roll a DPS priest but don't like Shadow, you're out of luck! But if you roll a Mage, you can switch between three completely different playstyles whenever you want to. (Granted, one is usually superior in terms of damage output, but even so. Choice is nice.)

Following the mage idea, they're awesome fun and have lots of useful abilities out of combat. Slow fall for exploring, teleports, conjuring food, etc. Plus, you can also try out having a permanent pet as Frost. If you like DoTs, go Fire. <Insert overused joke of Arcane having only one button to press>, go Arcane.

Good luck!
    Hey thank you for your detailed post i appreciate it.
    Back in Wrath i used to play an Orc hunter specced MM with Armor pen build.
    Even though i used to love playing Hunter i would like something new to start fresh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MihawkDr View Post
    Hey thank you for your detailed post i appreciate it.
    Back in Wrath i used to play an Orc hunter specced MM with Armor pen build.
    Even though i used to love playing Hunter i would like something new to start fresh.
    Survival Hunter is becoming melee based in Legion, but is still keeping its pet. If you wanted to play Orc Hunter again, it'd feel familiar, but still be completely new for you to try. Hunter pets are much, much easier to handle nowadays as well. There's no happiness or training to worry about, and you also have unlimited ammo. Which arguably makes hunters less special, but it definitely makes it more convenient.

You could also try out any kind of Warlock, an Unholy death knight, or a Frost mage (as I mentioned earlier) if you want to have a pet around, which I assume you do. Some players like pets, others don't. Although I will say that if you want something ENTIRELY different from a hunter, I'd say to try out tanking or healing. It's a completely different way of playing! You could even try out Vengeance Demon Hunter (Demon Hunter tank spec) for Legion, since they're the shiny new toy we get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Nonsense. There are many kinds of players and many kinds of guilds and there's room for this person regardless of class choice.

I'd go on YouTube and look over all the class previews,as well as take a look at the WoW Legion site and see what appeals to you,where you're psyched to go try a spec out.
    Many look awesome to me personally,and a few of them are melee. Imagine that.
    Never said melee can't be fun but ranged is clearly superior in a raid environment, even in small groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said melee can't be fun but ranged is clearly superior in a raid environment, even in small groups.
    That would depend on the player. Otherwise , you'd never,ever see guilds with melee,would you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    That would depend on the player. Otherwise , you'd never,ever see guilds with melee,would you?
    Like we already mentioned, they do have their uses, mostly just that one though.
    I believe Combat has the highest AE damage and Sub has the highest damage potential, it's just much more demanding to reach 100% with sub while other classes pull of numbers almost as big but you can play them almost braindead.

I'd recommend you enhancement shaman, unholy DK or outlaw rogue, their gameplay have been completely revamped in Legion and they are so much fun to play, with new animations. It's sooo refreshing I'd reroll one of these asap.