Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Where you're only a "criminal" if you've committed a criminal offense, and unlawful presence is not one.
    Cool so just enforce the law then.

Consequences of Unlawful Presence in the U.S.—Three– and Ten-Year Time Bars:

"In the late 1990s, Congress decided to punish foreign-born people who spend time in the U.S. unlawfully—that is, without a visa, green card, or other official permission from the U.S. immigration authorities. Congress created a penalty that prevents people from returning to the U.S. for three years or ten years, depending on how long they stayed unlawfully in the country. These are often referred to as the “time bars,” or the “three– and ten-year bars.” Although they are a big hurdle for many people, a waiver (legal forgiveness) is available in certain situations."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that was brazen. I love the line "Immigrants, undocumented or otherwise, are people too" as if that's relevant. Those who oppose illegal immigration don't think such people are not human... what they don't think they are are legal American citizens, and they're right. If I were emperor (and I freely admit that it's probably a good thing I'm not) she'd be deported. Let her re-enter the country legally.

I am glad she is doing well. I am for a responsible border policy bundled with a responsible plan for immigration in the future, but not deportations. That being said, I don't think a hs valedictorian speech is the right place for a political statement, but that is just me. Believe me, if she wanted to make a statement about her citizenship status, there are a million daily "rags" (and tv shows) salivating to get their hands on a story like this. She should write a book, guaranteed to be a best seller (especially on that Times list). If she doesn't write it, maybe I will.. I see a tv series or "special" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which is the same as condoning a criminal act. Disobeying a law is what makes one a criminal. Granted, maybe not labeled a criminal as such in some cases and there are different levels of disobedience and different levels of punishment, fines, etc. Illegal immigrants have certain rights, but they do not have all the freedoms a US citizen has. Such as the right and freedom to keep and bear firearms.
    There's no point arguing with someone whose only rebuttal is "Why do you hate freedom?" and I know you are but what am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    High School Valedictorian? Who cares? Jesus, I just checked and this is a school that doesn't even make it into the top 150 schools in Texas. Talk about a tempest in a teapot.
    Damn, and Texas ranks 43rd in education. AND she goes to a shit school? She may very well be a dumb ass then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    My ancestors immigrated here legally during the early 1900's . . . Or are you implying that since Europeans aren't native to North America that none should have ever come here? Because funnily enough, "Native" Americans were actually from Asia and Tribal Europeans had actually reached America before Tribal Asians did, and there's evidence to suggest that the Tribal Europeans were either eradicated by the Tribal Asians or that the Tribal Asians simply took up enough resources that the Tribal Europeans simply died out of starvation. (...)
    I had no idea and it sounds really interesting. Could you please elaborate on the evidence, and, if possible, link the sources?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What makes America truly great is that we accept all of the great people from other countries. Where do you think all of the doctors and scientists raised in third world countries end up living as adults? If we take the best every other nation has to offer, then clearly we would be the best nation.

But of course the ignorant can't help but be envious that someone who worked hard actually got further in life than they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    I had no idea and it sounds really interesting. Could you please elaborate on the evidence, and, if possible, link the sources?
    Sure, here's some links about the discovery of Tribal Europeans being the first ones to arrive in America.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...h-America.html
    https://www.rt.com/news/stone-age-am...eologists-445/
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...517714/?no-ist

Basically, the first Americans were from Europe rather than Asia, but then died out or integrated into the much more numerous Tribal Asians. The evidence is the presence of distinctly European DNA which couldn't have existed in Native American blood lines without some form of prior contact with Europeans, some building methods and language influences that are European in origin rather than Asian, and the final nail in the coffin was the discovery of stone tools off of the eastern coast of the USA which predate Tribal Asians coming to America, follow European methods of crafting, and upon mineral analysis were discovered to have come from France. Now, like I pointed out, those Tribal Europeans died out and so those we recognize as "Native Americans" today are primarily Asian in origin, but the evidence shows that the earliest humans on American soil were actually Europeans. But at the end of the day, arbitrarily declaring one group to have ownership of the land simply because they were the first to occupy it is just silly when you think about it and is the source of very unproductive and in the end completely pointless debates like the Israel-Palestine situation. Also, to declare any humans "native" to america itself is just rather silly since no human bloodlines are native to America.

A bit of a tangent, but it's kinda funny how most progressives are anti-Israel despite ethnic Jews being the original inhabitants of that land before the Roman Empire took it from them while they're decidedly pro-Native American because of the belief that it was their land first and the Europeans came in and took that land away from them by force. Totally not arbitrary whatsoever.

Last year Steve Sailor investigated claims of illegal alien valedictorians. The only real ones he found occurred in classes that didn't have any Asian/white students. Note they give her GPA but not any other scores. If she is like the ones from last year all it would take would be the smartest to graduate in class even if they had a 800 combined SAT score. Right now Asians with PERFECT SAT SCORES are suing Harvard for not letting them in after they paid non-Asian minority students for copies of their academic record and found a girl with a 2.5GPA getting a free ride scholarship.
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Lines are counter to the spirit of meritocracy. I for one vote that we revoke the citizenship of the person in her class who performed the worst and give it to her, since she will obviously make better use of it than they did.
    Lines will always exist in some capacity because we are linear beings. There will always be an alpha and omega, a first and a last. It is the nature of our existence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists."
    -Trump

"Full Scholarship to Yale."

Yep, they're not sending their best.

At some point did you consider this a reasonable point to be made? To claim that the millions of illegal immigrants in this country are all justified in their unlawful entry into the country because this one illegal immigrant is getting a free ride through college?

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    What makes America truly great is that we accept all of the great people from other countries. Where do you think all of the doctors and scientists raised in third world countries end up living as adults? If we take the best every other nation has to offer, then clearly we would be the best nation.

But of course the ignorant can't help but be envious that someone who worked hard actually got further in life than they did.
    What are you even talking about? Do you think that most modern doctors and scientists from abroad came to the US illegally? How does that even make a valid argument against the opposition to illegal immigration?
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-06-11 at 03:11 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post

I have no problem with this... just wish they did this legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I find it really hard to care that someone broke the law when the extent of their law breaking is that they are here being a productive member of society.
    Productive, eating free lunches doesn't contribute to capitalism. What did she contribute to the US? She might not take as much taxpayer dollars as the zika anchor baby but illegals cost the US far more than their employers pay them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    She's decently cute, she can always find some US citizen to marry.
    Depends on her stance on money shots, it's always about the money shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, technically she isn't a stupid kid.
    She is the smartest kid that graduated from that school class. Steve Sailor covered illegal alien valedictorians last year that turned out to have no Asian or white classmates to throw off grading curves, someone has to be the smartest even in the worst schools you could have a valedictorian with an SAT of 600 combined.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-11 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    Productive, eating free lunches doesn't contribute to capitalism. What did she contribute to the US? She might not take as much taxpayer dollars as the zika anchor baby but illegals cost the US far more than their employers pay them.

Then don't spend taxpayer dollars on them, that solves the issue of productivity. That shows that the problem is not with immigration, it's with the other programs that give things away.

Excellent, I am sure she will be an incredible asset to Mexico once she returns. Mexico does need more brilliant minds like her to improve the quality of life. Maybe she can even be the Mayor in certain towns in Mexico. I heard it takes tremendous courage, smarts and integrity to run as one, qualities she has no doubt displayed. It's going to be difficult no doubt, but making a mark in developing countries and lift up fellow Latinos is much more admirable than fleeing to a developed country.

Last year Steve Sailor investigated claims of illegal alien valedictorians. The only real ones he found occurred in classes that didn't have any Asian/white students. Note they give her GPA but not any other scores. If she is like the ones from last year all it would take would be the smartest to graduate in class even if they had a 800 combined SAT score. Right now Asians with PERFECT SAT SCORES are suing Harvard for not letting them in after they paid non-Asian minority students for copies of their academic record and found a girl with a 2.5GPA getting a free ride scholarship.
    2.5GPA for Harvard with full ride??

I'd put an anchor baby in her.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    High School Valedictorian? Who cares? Jesus, I just checked and this is a school that doesn't even make it into the top 150 schools in Texas. Talk about a tempest in a teapot.
    Because everyone gets a full scholarship to Yale, let alone even accepted...this assuming they didn't select her purely because of background and sob story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Wow, that was brazen. I love the line "Immigrants, undocumented or otherwise, are people too" as if that's relevant. Those who oppose illegal immigration don't think such people are not human... what they don't think they are are legal American citizens, and they're right. If I were emperor (and I freely admit that it's probably a good thing I'm not) she'd be deported. Let her re-enter the country legally.
    If you were emperor (and I freely admit it's definitely a good thing you're not), would you make the path to citizenship more efficient so it doesn't take years for the process to complete? Or just leave it as as and expect everyone to follow such unreasonable requirements?

- - - Updated - - -

She is the smartest kid that graduated from that school class. Steve Sailor covered illegal alien valedictorians last year that turned out to have no Asian or white classmates to throw off grading curves, someone has to be the smartest even in the worst schools you could have a valedictorian with an SAT of 600 combined.
    But she got accepted to Yale, doubt her SAT scores were simply average.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.