Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    no, nobody would dare rob me, im a double ard bastard!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    On May 10th of this year 3 people tried to break into my house while I was home by attempting to kick my door down. I would have to say that it was a harrowing experience for my. I was just sitting in my bedroom reading some news articles online and all of a sudden I heard a loud slamming sound on my front door and was thinking some local kids were pulling a prank of some sort when a few seconds later I heard the same sound only thins time there were 3 or 4 in quick succession. I ran out of my room and looked out my living room windows and say 3 African American guys, from what I could tell, between the ages of 17 to early 20's each kicking my door as hard as they could. I started screaming for them to stop and that I was calling the cops. Ran to my room to get my cell phone and then the kitchen to get a knife I normally use to cut up meat for when I make beef stew so I would at least be armed if they got in. When I got back to the living room I saw all three fleeing out of my yard and then down the street.

After the cops got here, 15 in later even though I live only about 6 blocks from the police station, they took my statement and description of the perps. Then they took pics of the dent they put in my door and the 3 foot long crack that was now in my door frame radiating out from where the deadbolt meets the frame. After all that they left to go search for the people that tried to break in based on the directions I gave them on which way they ran off.

Needless to say they have yet to find the ones that tried to break in and now I have to spend about 1,000$ getting 2 security gates for my front and back doors, bars for my windows, and cameras that will be placed where they can record the front and back doors.

Never dealt with anything like this before, but now I am afraid to leave my house unattended for more than 10 -15 min unless absolutely needed till I have all the security in place. And I now sleep with a knife by my bedside in case something like this happens again.

The worst part is that they tried to break in at 2:30 in the afternoon in broad daylight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Visited family over Thanksgiving around ten years ago. The place was completely cleaned out while we were away.