Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Gamer girl Youtube singer Christina Grimmie shot dead in Orlando after show.

http://www.etonline.com/news/190827_...ng_at_concert/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/entert...hot/index.html

Update: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/entert...-grimmie-shot/

Police in Orlando, Florida, on Saturday answered one of the major questions in the slaying of Christina Grimmie, the 22-year-old singer who made her name on NBC's "The Voice."

The man who shot and killed Grimmie was Kevin James Loibl, 27, of St. Petersburg, Florida, police said.
    But they didn't give any background on Loibl or offer a possible motive.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Voice alum Christina Grimmie has died after being shot following a concert in Orlando, Florida, the singer's rep confirmed on Friday. She was 22.

Grimmie gained fame singing covers of popular tracks on Youtube while wearing various video game T-shirts particularly of Nintendo's Legend of Zelda series.

A man armed with two guns walked up to the 22-year-old singer as she was signing autographs late Friday night and opened fire, Orlando Police spokeswoman Wanda Ford said.

The gunman fatally shot himself after Grimmie's brother tackled him, according to authorities.

"It is with a heavy heart that we can confirm that Christina has passed and went home to be with the Lord," her rep said in a statement. "She was shot at her show in Orlando and, unfortunately, didn't survive the gun shot wounds. We ask at this time that you respect the privacy of her family and her friends in their time of mourning."

The Orlando Police Department also issued a statement late Friday, confirming her death: "With deep regret, Christina Grimme has succumbed to her injuries." A preliminary investigation is currently underway.

Grimmie was performing at The Plaza Live, one of Orlando’s oldest theaters, with another band, Before You Exit. According to Orlando police, Grimmie and her band stayed after the show ended at 10 p.m. to sign autographs for fans and sell merchandise.

Detectives were told the suspect -- who is not being identified at this time -- walked toward Grimmie and shot her. Grimmie's brother immediately tackled the suspect, stopping him from causing any more harm to Grimmie and her fans. During the struggle, the suspect shot himself and was pronounced dead at the scene.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2016-06-12 at 04:57 AM.

That's a shame. What makes a guy go "I love you, I can't have you so now I have to shoot you"?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's a shame. What makes a guy go "I love you, I can't have you so now I have to shoot you"?
    Mental illness mainly. Youtubers often have what many view as a personal relationship with their viewers, at least that is how some viewers come to see it. Often people with extremely low self esteem and problems to begin with begin to rely on a youtuber and develop one-sided feelings. Kinda fucked up, but there has been some interesting studies on the subject.

Deleted
    Haven't heard of her, but that's sad. Crazy fans gonna be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Men feeling entitled to women isn't uncommon.
    Guess it's a shame more women aren't youtubers. If they were, maybe this apparent epidemic of women being shot by entitled men might get more press coverage.

More American Gun Violence
    You Yanks should have listened to Obama and done something about it.

Geez I still remember when John Lennon was shot while signing an autograph as well.
    This is comparable. Another obsessed fan with Psych problems probably.

R.I.P young Christina
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

If you don't want to get shot, don't live in the US. How comes that people still don't get that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    If you don't want to get shot, don't live in the US. How comes that people still don't get that?
    She just needed a gun herself, then this wouldn't have happened.

Deleted
    she seems like a complete POS tbh

For any interested her youtube site is https://www.youtube.com/user/zeldaxlove64/featured

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Haven't heard of her, but that's sad. Crazy fans gonna be crazy.
    It'd be nice if they were the nice sort of crazy instead of the murder crazy sort. I don't really know who this is either though.

Deleted

People in youtube comments are saying how it's creepy that she died on the same day last year this video was posted. I guess it is, given the song.

Deleted
    Clearly shot because people playing computer and video games are inherintly violent - thus needs more regulation!

*considers writing a few blogs about it and making a shit ton of ad-money through massive click-bait rage*

Deleted
    Isn't this what happens sometimes in Japan with their Otaku and Pop Idols?

She's cute. I don't think she ever popped up on my YouTube Recommendations. Its always a shame when there is one less gamer girl in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Isn't this what happens sometimes in Japan with their Otaku and Pop Idols?
    It happens occasionally everywhere. You'd think there would be a handy list of people killed by their fans somewhere but I can't find one.

Crazies being crazy with guns unfortunately, always a shame when things like this happen.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

i remember all those years ago when she would do collabs with other singers like sam tsui and i couldnt help but think that she was a really talented singer with an amazing future
    truly rip
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    She's cute. I don't think she ever popped up on my YouTube Recommendations. Its always a shame when there is one less gamer girl in the world.
    This is so bizzare to me. A person dies, and the first thing you comment, is her looks.

Would you do the same on a Funeral? "Eh, the guy is kinda ugly. Shame to see him go, tho."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Would you do the same on a Funeral? "Eh, the guy is kinda ugly. Shame to see him go, tho."
    How much of the things do you do in real life that you do on a message board/online? He doesn't personally know her so he can only really comment on what he does "know" or sees. Which in this case is her looks/voice/hobbies. It isn't that weird.