Competitive Play and Character Stacking

What are everyone's thoughts on selecting multiple of the same character? Do you think it's a good idea? Bad idea? Should it be included in the competitive ranked play?

10+ Year Old Account
    The ONLY issue I would ever have with it is if a particular hero is somehow overpowered. Otherwise, hero stacking always creates weaknesses that your opponents can exploit.

And if a particular hero IS overpowered, the solution is to fix that hero, not prevent stacking.

Preventing stacking would only be a band aid fix that ignores the real problem. Characters shouldn't be so powerful in comp play that teams feel the need to stack them at all. Blizzard implementing this would basically be them admitting their game is horribly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The ONLY issue I would ever have with it is if a particular hero is somehow overpowered. Otherwise, hero stacking always creates weaknesses that your opponents can exploit.

And if a particular hero IS overpowered, the solution is to fix that hero, not prevent stacking.
    Agreed. If a hero is overpowered in numbers they need to be nerfed, or counters introduced and/or buffed.