Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Is "murder" justified when victim is completely evil?

Was watching a television show about this whole pay evil unto evil deal. It's only labelled murder because killing someone like this would fall under it, but what if the victim is complete, unrepentant, unadulterated evil? Think Mexican drug lords, rapists, and worst of all, animal abusers. Like, I recall that incident where a poor boy was RAPED by his martial arts teacher and his normal father schemed an assassination on the guy and eventually succeeded! And you know what? Despite being caught on the spot, no one mourned the rapist but lament why the dad would do such a thing. Why? Because in my opinion, the evil motherfucker had to die and that's what he said word for word in a more somber tone.

No. "Murder" is never justified in my opinion.--And you are asking for our opinion, right, and not about the legal situation in various countries?
    (Note that not all cases of homicide are "murder".)

Depends. Are we trying to answer this from a legal perspective, or from a moral perspective?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    I would kill someone who hurt my family or children. 100% No doubts, no regrets. The though of jail for life over it does not scare me. I highly doubt I would be put to death for a revenge killing being a crime of passion.

"Evil" according to whom?

I'm sure the dad thought the Martial Arts Teacher was evil...but maybe the Martial Arts teacher had his own son that feels that the man who killed his father is evil. Should he be allowed to murder the dad?

10+ Year Old Account
    In some cases, yes. Which is probably why the death penalty exists. I remember that guy who killed his kid's rapist. He waited at the pay phone until they walked by with the guy and then shot him. Maybe a few years ago I'd say just throw them in jail for life. But after bad things happened to someone I cared about my whole life and I saw what it did to her mentally and how much it changed her, I'd say sometimes it's fair. They forcefully took something the victim can never get back, whether it be their life or their innocence or trust. Forcefully taking something from them is only fair. Personally, I wanted to beat the motherfuckers to death until my hands didn't work anymore. So now I understand where some people come from.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

im all for revenge. if someone killed my family, id do far worse to them before offing em.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'd totally support a dude like Punisher.

No.

Justified killing is not murder. By definition, murder is never justified as it is a legal term.

Nope, no punishment is justified unless a trial has been held, and even then in my opinion death sentence is never a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    I would kill someone who hurt my family or children. 100% No doubts, no regrets. The though of jail for life over it does not scare me. I highly doubt I would be put to death for a revenge killing being a crime of passion.
    That would depend if there is anything other than your word that the other person hurt your family as well as the circumstances on which you killed him. If you plotted out an assassination type event you couldn't really argue crime of passion.

Deleted
    To me justice is having people answer for their crime. If someone killed a family member of mine, i'd think killing him would be too little. I'd want him to rot in a high security prison for the rest of his life.

Is it justified killing a killer though? Yeah i'd say though, if it was 100% intentional and not due to a mental disorder that can be cured.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    You should be put behind bars thought. (Just like all other murderers.)

Assuming you are not responding to a direct threat to your life, there is nothing to prove by taking law into your own hands, we already know the extend that humans will go through to avenge a loss due to the pain it involves. I am not condemning someone who wants revenge, i understand, i do however ask them to do what the criminal didn't and thus separate themselves from his kind, and that is to think twice before letting their emotions take over..

ANY criminal regardless of the seriousness of crime would have been as good as dead if there wasn't law to protect them from the pitchfork armies, and when your society ends-up being ruled by lynch mobs it wouldn't be long until your turn was up due to offending someone. Is revenge worth the risk of regressing your society to third-world shithole status?
    Last edited by bvix; 2016-06-12 at 08:35 AM.

To me it is. This goes back to the "would you kill baby Hitler knowing what he would become?" My answer would be yes, I wouldn't even hesitate. Once someone gets put into the evil category(rape, murder, cartel type dealings), I feel like they lose any right for anyone to feel bad about their eventual deaths.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    what constitutes as evil is way to subjective to be decided without a trial, and even then you should be judged primarily on your actions not your state of miind. also you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who is "completely evil".

No, even if you hate the person will your body and soul, killing them lets them off easy.

I would ask who gets to decide who is evil enough to be murdered? Is it the victim, or someone related to them? What if the person who everyone thinks did it, didn't actually do it? These are all very important factors to consider. As far as there being cases where it's justified to murder someone, self defense is one example where we justify murder. Besides that, I would say that people who are active threats to society or the world at large who have not only taken multiple lives before, but are beyond a reasonable doubt, going to take more lives in the future if not stopped are justifiable to murder because at a certain point, the value of one persons life pales in comparison to the value of their numerous victims. Here's the kicker though, neither of those actually involve any moral judgement of the person's character, it's all about whether or not their current course of action has or inevitably will lead to other people losing their lives, and then stating that the aggressors life is not worth preserving over the lives of their victims. So in the end, no, I don't believe murder can be justified even the victim is what you define as "evil".

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Was watching a television show about this whole pay evil unto evil deal. It's only labelled murder because killing someone like this would fall under it, but what if the victim is complete, unrepentant, unadulterated evil? Think Mexican drug lords, rapists, and worst of all, animal abusers. Like, I recall that incident where a poor boy was RAPED by his martial arts teacher and his normal father schemed an assassination on the guy and eventually succeeded! And you know what? Despite being caught on the spot, no one mourned the rapist but lament why the dad would do such a thing. Why? Because in my opinion, the evil motherfucker had to die and that's what he said word for word in a more somber tone.
    And no one has ever been accused of (and convicted for) rape or murder, only to eventually be proven innocent.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-06-12 at 08:35 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And no one has ever been accused of rape or murder, only to eventually be proven innocent.
    Laci Green says all people accused of rape are guilty. So the answer is no. Also, she raped me.