Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    A lot of the people in these forums are Europeans who are highly ignorant of the disposition of U.S. Military forces. We don't ship yuppies from Yale and Harvard to die overseas you guys. Our infantry is recruited from low income families in rural areas (God and guns! Christian nation!) and the inner city (TUPAC LIVES! FUCK THE POLICE!) and they'll be DAMNED if they let the Feds take their families' guns away. The resulting coup and junta will NOT be kind to progressive policies of any sort. You should be TERRIFIED of a world in which the second amendment has been repealed.
    You have hit the nail on the head
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm almost positive the middle east takes that trophy.
    Much of Africa is worse. Mauritania carries the death penalty for being gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    His point we the wall alone is demonstratably useless. Yet you still want it.

Just the wall. Not added funding for border patrol.
    Not more officers.
    Not better tech to scan and watch for breaches.
    Not even more people to actually make sure no one is drilling a hole through it.

You just want the wall. You would basically be happy if you were told the wall is up now, despite it not actually existing. You just want the feeling of being safe. Actually being effective is not a concern.
    Look both political spectrums have their issues but, this leftist thinking that wall just literally do nothing and every human can just leap them in a single bound is just ridiculous. Walls have been used for thousands of years to assist soldiers in defending borders. Are they 100% effective? Of course not. But to say they do nothing is just so utterly retarded, I can't even wrap my mind around it. Ask yourself this: if they instantly took down the walls around the Gaza strip, would it be less easy or more easy to enter Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm almost positive the middle east takes that trophy.
    Try visiting Iran if your gay

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fl...-idUSKCN0YY0Q2

Despite their own claim to his loyalty (possibly opportunistic), no direct link yet found between shooter and Islamic state.
    Other then ISIS claiming responsibility for it , the Terrorist being on a watch list because he had ties and he was being investigated...nah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    wow man america is the worst place to be in when you are gay
    No.

We might be lagging behind some of the Western world in that regard, but with Obergefell and a generally more tolerant society among the younger generations, gays don't have it as difficult here as it is in a lot of places in the world. Try being gay in Russia. Uganda. Iraq. Saudi Arabia. There are much worse nations out there for gay people. In fact, I'd say the US is becoming very tolerant and accepting of gay rights. It's only a few members of the religious old guard and a vocal minority of ignorant wankers that are struggling to hold back progress. Struggling and failing.

Yesterday sucked of course, but it isn't something gays need fear in this country.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    I was in Munich in Jan buddy.(BTW nice city xD) Stop listening to the propaganda from your Govt. BTW what happened in Cologne? Don't give me that bs or about "what u read on the internet" Please. German people are sick of that. if you like them so much, take them in. But when they turn on you, don't cry.
    I suggest you read up on the other threads, I really have written dozens and dozens of posts on this topic and I'm getting sick and tired of debunking shit. Especially when you're not even challenging me with some dramatic source. So please, read up on the other threads and then get back to me. I know you won't but then, I know you'd just ignore me anyway, despite me living here and you not living here.

Where in Munich?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    You can bet it is those right wing bigots// terrorists behind this, if some muslim was behind this it would be covered a lot harder and all the right wingers out there would be screaming bloody murder trump trump trump trump etc etc etc
    Whoops a bit off on your prediction that it was an anti gay trump fan, considering how you were stating it as a fact is kind of scary
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Look both political spectrums have their issues but, this leftist thinking that wall just literally do nothing and every human can just leap them in a single bound is just ridiculous. Walls have been used for thousands of years to assist soldiers in defending borders. Are they 100% effective? Of course not. But to say they do nothing is just so utterly retarded, I can't even wrap my mind around it. Ask yourself this: if they instantly took down the walls around the Gaza strip, would it be less easy or more easy to enter Israel?
    Exactly, it's just another tool. It needs to go up. I'm sorry, i wish in a perfect world we didn't have to. We have a wall already on the southern border, its just shit. It's a fence though lol.

They have used regular units in the past. Hurricane Katrina for example. But yes, state national guard units are the first to be deployed in that instance. But to further your point, your notion that soldiers that are under the authority of the Dept. of Defense can only be deployed for offensive maneuvers is just simply not accurate. Would we put soldiers on a wall long term? Probably not as they have a unique skill set that is a bit of overkill for border patrol, and of course we also have a dept for that.
    And again, I'm talking permanent deployment. It is illegal for US troops to be actively deployed in any capacity on US soil unless there is a war or a state of emergency.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I went to Munich, Bucharest and Zürich. If you don't believe me, ill shoot you my tickets PM.
    I actually don't believe you. Look at my avatar and tell me why.

Edit: Also, please do not send me private details, ever. I do not wish to see your tickets.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    your Eurocup is so much better than our copa america
    Pfft, we don't have Brazil or Argentina playing here. Those two alone upgrade any competition to superstatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    And again, I'm talking permanent deployment. It is illegal for US troops to be actively deployed in any capacity on US soil unless there is a war or a state of emergency.
    It simply is not. Show me the law. It doesn't exist. Show your source if you are so sure of yourself.

Of course theres tunnels. But the wall is another tool. The border agents even want it, how hard is that to understand, i don't get it.
    The fact that they want it doesn't change the fact that it is an inefficient tool.

- - - Updated - - -

It simply is not. Show me the law. It doesn't exist. Show your source if you are so sure of yourself.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I suggest you read up on the other threads, I really have written dozens and dozens of posts on this topic and I'm getting sick and tired of debunking shit. Especially when you're not even challenging me with some dramatic source. So please, read up on the other threads and then get back to me. I know you won't but then, I know you'd just ignore me anyway, despite me living here and you not living here.

Where in Munich?
    So your telling me, the girls weren't raped or sexually assaulted in Cologne? and if that's not true, please tell me. The sources are the god damn people from there.

The biggest danger from ISIS and Islamist is not a large army, but the single person attacking soft targets that are designed to instill fear in the population. Much like the hashashins of old.

Off Topic: Waiting for mods to come in here and bitch we are off topic xD
    I think they're just happy we're not flaming each other for the moment.

Of course you want more agents but the wall is needed as a Tool. How hard is that to understand.

This hard.

We have walls. Fences if you will. They perform the same function. The issue is that not all the land on the border can even have a wall built. To my recollection, some of it is even private property. Or was at one point.

These gates, that act as barriers , aka a wall, are inneffective. If they worked we wouldn't be talking about a wall. You are saying the following.

This chain link wall doesn't work. They just tunnel under it, hop over it, cut through it. So my solution is to make it thicker and taller. And when that fails, double down even more!"

The wall does not work. It's a tool, but we already have rows of fencing. Fencing that can easily be seen through while patrolling by. You propose a concrete wall. A wall that requires people walking the top of. Much slower than driving, and you make no mention of beefing up presence.

A wall on its own is a waste of money. It looks nice, but does nothing.

The first and most effective choice is to increase presence along the border , and fund better tech to discover and deal with tunnels and shit. But no one wants that it seems. You just want a pretty wall cause reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    wow man america is the worst place to be in when you are gay
    Some think San Francisco is the best place in the world to be gay.

But yeah, I wouldn't go down to Jackson Mississippi and smooch my boyfriend. But Jackson is what? A thousand miles from SF?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Posse comitatus.