One can only wonder why threads like these stay open.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Read what he wrote carefully, he's using satire and sarcasm to argue that "all the worlds problems are due to Muslims".
    I've followed the posts back a couple steps, I don't see an accusation that all problems are due to Muslims. It may have been elsewhere, but not in these few responses.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So to summarize, there are two possibilities, one of them that will be confirmed within the next few minutes

1)The shooter is actually a Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, a name that would allow the narrative about an islamist terror act (altough Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, for the record, was born in the USA-not a migrant)

2)The shooter is not actually Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, as this is CBS that reported this and everyone copied CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    You know what drives me crazy? People like you who have no idea what is going on, you have not a shred of evidence to support your "possible" claims, yet you start running your mouth. Just like the media. Making accusations and 90% of the time being completely wrong about who is killing who. Is it possible? yes, but there are almost no mass shooting that have been committed by the "right wing". Almost all of them have been done by the left wing in almost every situation or by terrorist.
    Ummm, what? Really going to need a source on the "most mass shooters are left-wingers."

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

You a do disservice to the memory of those killed or injured in the horrific event by weaving in political diarrhea.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It sounds like you want something to be mad about besides the actual shooting.
    Makes sense, since mass shootings are such a common occurence by now that it feels wrong not to give a shit anymore.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I clearly said extremist. Enough said. Don't add words or context where is doesn't exist in what I said.
    What about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trollh...school_attack? ? Hmm? Didn't hear you raise your voice about that, but when a suspected Muslim does it, all of a sudden all 1.6 billion of the worlds Muslims are suicide bombers? Yea, I know you didn't explicitly state this, but we all know what you meant, I am merely projecting onto you in order to virtue signal.

Also, seriously, read what I posted again mate. Poe's law init.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Even if it IS a terror attack, it wont be released to the public as such.

American media has a fantastic way of controlling information. Even if it is, the public will get distracted by a bathroom being transgender or a gorilla getting shot

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Okay tragic event. But I'm gonna comment on some nuances here. Do not take this for me condoning violence or hating gay people.

1. My first thought was jizz being shot in people's eyes or something.

2. Next was "who is gonna check Facebook during all this? "Hold up man, I need to update my status. Oh check it, they want us to run and not stop. We better start running bro. Thank god I checked in".

3. +10 for being a [ don't wanna insult gays by comparing them to you] and insulting a nation and harping your political ideals before bodies even get cold. Good job.
    "Hey dont take this as me being a douche" *Proceeds with being a douche*

OT:

Religion is bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Go to the FOX news website, find the article regarding this tragedy as it's on the first page, scroll down to the comments, and then report back on whether you've changed your mind.
    Okay, I did. All the arguments are the same as on this site. People saying we need more gun control, or muslims being bad, or liberals are bad, or its a tragedy. Literally haven;t seen one comment relishing in delight.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Even if it IS a terror attack, it wont be released to the public as such.

American media has a fantastic way of controlling information. Even if it is, the public will get distracted by a bathroom being transgender or a gorilla getting shot
    Exceeeeeeept the FBI has already stated they're investigating it as a terrorist act.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    What about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trollh...school_attack? ? Hmm? Didn't hear you raise your voice about that, but when a suspected Muslim does it, all of a sudden all 1.6 billion of the worlds Muslims are suicide bombers? Yea, I know you didn't explicitly state this, but we all know what you meant, I am merely projecting onto you in order to virtue signal.

I meant what I said. It was very clear and matter of fact. If you want to try to spin it to mean something else, well that's your own I issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I meant what I said. It was very clear and matter of fact. If you want to try to spin it to mean something else, well that's your own I issue.
    Read the final sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post

Dude, I think you're mistaking him for someone. I have actually looked at his post history and I don't see the reason to get this riled up over anything he posted in this thread. I really think you're meaning to slam somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    We can only assume until we have official statement. So lets not assume and just wait for it, we should get it during the day.
    But we DO have his name, Omar Mateen, and FBI agent Hooper, has stated that he is suspected of ties to Islam extremism.

It's not mere speculation, as the source is the FBI, which is as official as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    But we DO have his name, Omar Mateen, and FBI has stated that he is suspected of ties to Islam extremism.
    Again, no official source has confirmed the name. CBS reported that name, but did not reveal where they got it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Another mass shooting when will they learn...
    ... to make the focus of our moral outrage the moral and/or cultural rot that drives people to evil, instead inanimate objects as though we are concerned about curses.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    ... to make the focus of our moral outrage the moral and/or cultural rot that drives people to evil, instead inanimate objects as though we are concerned about curses.
    Posts like these are what make me not actually care about the shooting outside a strictly academical interest into the events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    But we DO have his name, Omar Mateen, and FBI agent Hooper, has stated that he is suspected of ties to Islam extremism.

It's not mere speculation, as the source is the FBI, which is as official as it gets.
    Suspected = speculation. I'm not saying he isn't, just that we don't have confirmation he is.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea2012 View Post
    Looks like Huffpo and Salon are happy as hell, seeing as how they have been endorsing ISIS to attack US for a while now.
    Uh, I know Huff Post and Salon are pretty much the bottom of the barrel when it comes to news sites, but I'm going to need some serious sourcing about that.