Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    These fears do not make these things any more or less dangerous. Ask your friend if they would move to a Muslim dominated country and which do they fear more.
    i await the response.
    Sure, moving there would be dangerous. More dangerous. But let's not pretend that violence against LGBT people is rare in very conservative Christian areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    The bible is a receipt of texts written by man, as such it is considered "Flawed" and can be open to interpretation, which allow several branchs to open up and several compromise to be made.
    The Quran is considered the direct word of god, there is no possible interpretation, any deviation or compromise is considered heresy,
    I was called a "not real" Christian - or even flat out anti-religious - several times on this forum merely for saying that I am pro LGBT. Because Bible. Just saying. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Sure, moving there would be dangerous. More dangerous. But let's not pretend that violence against LGBT people is rare in very conservative Christian areas.
    Yeah, christian-based massacres are common as hell. Its just that not a single one comes to mind now. But im sure as hell that one grandma that looks at you with those weird eyes would love to whip out uzi and purge the unclean.

To be fair, I reckon this is also a difficult situation to approach for right-wing politicians, not only the left.
    Take Ted Cruz, for example: You have an attack by a radical Islamist (which he hates) - on the LGBT community (which he also hates). I mean, he published a long statement about solidarity etc. - but it seems a bit hard to take serious considering his views overall.
    Ted Cruz doesn't hate gays. He would tell you gays are sinners who need to change their ways. He would also tell you that he is a sinner.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    It can easily be found out by looking in what countries homosexuality is a crime.

And where you can be murdered for being homosexual.

Hint, It's nowhere fucking near a coinflip

If Christains were that agianst homosexuality.
    It would be illegal, and punished by prison in the US.
    It clearly isn't.

Nor is it in ANY first world country.
    Since we're speaking in generalities, the advancement of civil rights for homosexuals came about in spite of fundalmentalist Christians, not because of them.

This is a pretty basic concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I'll give you a hint.

One of them will kill you for drawing a depiction of their religious prophet.

I am not trying to be a bigot or whatever. I have no issues with people practicing whatever religion they please, and I know a lot of Christians are assholes. And yeah, some Christians will straight up murder over some bullshit.

However, You can't sit here and act like Christianity and Islam are the same. No fucking way. You can just look at a pic of a woman wearing a Hijab or burka and tell there is something different going on. It's not like any Christian right now is fasting for Ramadan and shit. To say they are the same is the most ignorant shit in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this hilarious and astute
    Are they exactly the same? Nah.
    They're united in their equal hate and violence for gay people though, one is just more insidious because it wields real political power. You kill a lot more people by oppressing them over a long time than by shooting 50 in one event.

It's incredible watching how many politicians who publically denounce gay and trans individuals, make it harder for them to live, keep jobs, make sure their constituents still hate them, force them into suicide, are now pretending they care.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, christian-based massacres are common as hell. Its just that not a single one comes to mind now. But im sure as hell that one grandma that looks at you with those weird eyes would love to whip out uzi and purge the unclean.
    Few people are as successful as this man, but murders motivated by LGBT hatred are still rife in America.

Deleted
    So full-scale massacres are the only form of violence now? Interesting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Wiki has no "left wing bias" it is made by users, it is just that America is ludicrously right winged.

And no, the Islam is no different from Christianity, they are just religions.
    Wikipedia is largely edited by the youngs, unemployed or in college.
    It's perfectly fine at their age leaning to the left (and brings more chicks to the yard, I've tested) but that makes their platforms, whatever they choose, to have strong biases.

As long as you're aware of the bias you should be able to compensate for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    There are hundreds of Christian sects that also say that the Bible is the direct word of God, and as many Muslim ones that say that the Quran is not immutable.
    You're not very educated on what you are talking about dude.
    Hundreds ? Damn.
    Since no one spout random bullshit on the internet hoping they look like they know what's their talking about, you must REALLY know what you're talking about.

So link me 10 christian groups stating that the bible is the direct word of god, and 10 muslim group stating that the quran was only written by men, and I'll consider myself educated.

- - - Updated - - -

I was called a "not real" Christian - or even flat out anti-religious - several times on this forum merely for saying that I am pro LGBT. Because Bible. Just saying. :P
    Sure, I never said they liked each-other, but were you stabbed to death for stating that opinion ? I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Oh yea, in their book it says "goat" and in ours it says "sheep", they are infidels and must all die!!!! They are exactly the same.
    Don't discuss religion especially when you have no clue what you are talking about

Fundamentalist Christians believe the Bible literally. Fundamentalists only make up a small percentage of Christians.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Sure, I never said they liked each-other, but were you stabbed to death for stating that opinion ? I dont think so.
    I am definitely not saying that they are on the same level. But to be fair, that argument is still moot. I could say whatever I want to a radical Islamist on the internet as well without getting stabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Would you mind giving *one* source of christians doing anything even remotely close to this in recent years?
    http://markhumphrys.com/christianity.killings.html

This includes christian atrocities still happening to this day. Christians can be just as screwed up. They also have a far higher body count throughout history than Islam by a huge margin. Christians are just the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to carrying on about how bad Islam is.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It is as safe as others. The restriction doesn't exist because SCIENCE! it's there for other reasons, can you guess what they are?
    Oh I know what they are. Hence why I mentioned science should step in and reverse it.

I am definitely not saying that they are on the same level. But to be fair, that argument is still moot. I could say whatever I want to a radical Islamist on the internet as well without getting stabbed.
    Mostly because you dont put your names
    There was a muslim man in UK who just wished "happy easter" on the web with a pic of himself, he was stabbed 30 times in the chest by another muslim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So full-scale massacres are the only form of violence now? Interesting!
    Show me those christian psychos. Surely they crashed some planes, or maybe performed some executions ?
    Or maybe those hindu extermists ? Shinto fanatics ? Surely those religions have a massive death toll in a modern day ?

Show me those christian psychos. Surely they crashed some planes, or maybe performed some executions ?
    Or maybe those hindu extermists ? Shinto fanatics ? Surely those religions have a massive death toll in a modern day ?
    The link is 3 posts above you...

Ireland springs to mind, there was (is?) a shit load of religious violence there, catholic vs protestant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Yeah immigrant isnt the right term. They should call them what they are, Illegal Aliens. Or criminals. Since they are all criminals by being here illegally. Legally speaking.
    Yes, drug runners enter illegally. But these drug runners will laugh at a wall and just keep on running drugs. People think that a wall will stop people who make billions of dollars off selling drugs, and I have a good laugh.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    http://markhumphrys.com/christianity.killings.html

This includes christian atrocities still happening to this day. Christians can be just as screwed up. They also have a far higher body count throughout history than Islam by a huge margin. Christians are just the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to carrying on about how bad Islam is.
    source on this? make sure it includes all the hundreds of thousands of civilians that no one knows about being killed in the name of "x" belief.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    source on this? make sure it includes all the hundreds of thousands of civilians that no one knows about being killed in the name of "x" belief.
    You need a source on a source full of sources? Not sure if you are joking or ignorant.