Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Anyway... Here's something borderline perverse.

5 found shot to death in New Mexico home

(and barely any news outlet reported it)

The situation is so fucked up that a shooting with 5 dead people isn't as newsworthy anymore.
    I mean, yeah, Orlando is clearly a big deal, but come on. That's, as said, borderline perverse...
    Depends where you live. It's been on all my local news stations, heh. Of course, I'm probably closer to Roswell than almost any other poster on the entirety of these forums (~150mi).

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You're more likely to survive a stabbing. No one here argues that people get violent. But a gun is a better killing tool than a knife.
    Physically survive? Sure ok, I won't argue that. Now lets see some studies on the mental effects of being torn up by a knife in a violent attack. The cost to society, the cost to the person who got stabbed, etc etc

Ultimately this is a disingenuous argument at its core.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You don't know stats very well then do you? A city in the US has higher gun crime than Germany for example. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

Take a look at the UK and US. UK with what 60-70 million people? The stats look way off when you compare how many gun related deaths there are.
    And countries with more cars have more car accidents. Its a no brainer if you have more of something you will have more deaths from it. We have more cheap food and thus more obesity and heart disease. We have more cars thus more accidents and deaths. We have more houses thus more house fires. I dont see what your point is. Yes, we have more guns BY A LOT! So it would only stand to reason we have more deaths from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Can't believe certain parts of the media are using this as an excuse to bash video game violence. Video games have nothing to do with this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    Oh so we're talking about the infallibility of a document that's been translated, re-translated probably thousands of times by different people with different understandings of different languages?

GOT IT.
    It's even dumber because nobody is even arguing about it because they agree with that, just because one dude is pretending that no Christians believe that the Bible is the direct word of god even though it's a pretty commonly taught piece of dogma (no matter how ridiculous it clearly is).

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I don't suspect anything will happen.

Let me be very clear. 20 dead school children did not have enough political power to do anything long term, I seriously doubt 49 gay people will.
    This is probably one of the most valid comments ever made about US gun politics. Cheers sir.
    Last edited by ShadowofVashj; 2016-06-13 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Grammatical edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    If the Bible is considered "infallible," then they can't be [I]interpretations of events.[/I
    Yet they are themselves interpretations, by the many men who wrote about it.

Quran go a step further, there is no interpretation in what is written, the angel Gabriel show up, speak the word of god, and the writers write the word of god, period.

That is the difference between "infaillible" and "direct".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Pull me the source on that, Mr. Stats
    How about we meet, I shoot you and I stab you? LOL
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    roflllllllllll. this is incorrect on so many levels. im done with you. you are just spouting nonsense for splatter effect. you really need to do some research on these religions before you make such claims. good day.
    Name one surviving Christian group that predates Catholicism.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    I agree that it won't have any long term effects but we usually see a spike in prices after mass murders. Supply and demand comes into effect when everyone is going out and stocking up.
    Only on .22LR lol

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Depends where you live. It's been on all my local news stations, heh. Of course, I'm probably closer to Roswell than almost any other poster on the entirety of these forums (~150mi).
    i havent seen much on it, but it could be that social media is still blowing up about orlando.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Pretty much, I've got a friend who does security for AT&T, he's what I would considered unskilled labor. I still think the investigation alone should have put him on watch lists at least, raise an alarm when he buys weapons and ammo.
    Yeah hes on watch lists and investigated twice by the FBI... wtf

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    How would this have changed what happened yesterday?
    The FBI interrogated him twice in 2013 and once in 2014, then this happened. He is an Isis sympathizer, obviously something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Are you suggesting that all those other shootings done by Christians aren't relevant because they weren't very good at it? I didn't say "Christians are bad too", i merely mentioned that both religions are the same. Religions say one thing is good, one thing is bad, it is the mentality that a person has in how far they are willing to go to enforce their believes. But this has more to do with the whole cultural thing then it does with the religion it self.
    Yeah, this is fucking stupid. If one group is much more dangerous to society than the other, they aren't the same. I realize you're going to maintain a fastidious ostrich-stance for the sake of virtue signaling though, so I guess that'll be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    How about we meet, I shoot you and I stab you? LOL
    I'll take that bet under a couple of conditions. The gun has to be holstered and I get the knife and 21 feet from you.

You can shoot me if you can. /ninja

roflllllllllll. this is incorrect on so many levels. im done with you. you are just spouting nonsense for splatter effect. you really need to do some research on these religions before you make such claims. good day.
    Catholicism is the biggest sect of Christianity. Nobody who knows anything will agree with you that Catholicism is not Christianity, because it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Only on .22LR lol
    dang, i knew i shoulda bought some more projectiles to reload this weekend

10+ Year Old Account
    You claimed that Catholicism is not a form of Christianity, you may want to research what the word research means.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yeah hes on watch lists and investigated twice by the FBI... wtf
    He wasnt on the watch list.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Can't believe certain parts of the media are using this as an excuse to bash video game violence. Video games have nothing to do with this tragedy.
    Low hanging fruit.